Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce (13364 Views)

See what Vladimir Putin said about muslims in Russia- Cramjones / Michelle Obama Wants To Divorce Barack Obama - National Enquirer / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by kellykoko(m): 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin was seen with his wife, Lyudmila, Thursday night for the first time in a year, at a production of the ballet “La Esmeralda,” and took advantage of the occasion to tell his nation that they are getting divorced.

During the first intermission, at the Kremlin State Palace, the couple was interviewed by the Russia 24 news channel. They exchanged a few pleasantries about the ballet, and then the reporter mentioned that they are rarely seen together.

“There are so many rumors that you’re divorced,” the reporter said. “Is this correct?”

GALLERY
Vladi­mir Putin: His many feats of strength: Russia’s leader, Vladimir Putin, used a motorized hang-glider to lead captive Siberian cranes to freedom on Wednesday. But the stunt was not unusual for a man accustomed to public displays of avocational skill. Here are a few of his many talents.
“This is correct,” Putin said. Looking at Lyudmila, who was wearing a black outfit with white accents, he said, “All my work is related to publicity. But there are people who are absolutely incompatible with this, for instance, Lyudmila Alexandrovna” — using a formal style of address that includes her patronymic. It’s a way of talking that long-married couples occasionally resort to — sometimes with fondness. It would be like President Obama referring to his wife as “Mrs. Obama.”

“We hardly see each other, and we each have our own lives,” Lyudmila Putin said. “I don’t like publicity, and flying wears me down. We will remain very close people forever, and I am grateful to Vladimir Vladimirovich” — again, the polite form of address — “that he still supports me.”

Both said the divorce was a joint decision. They called their divorce civilized but didn’t say whether it had been legally formalized.

The last time they were seen in public together was in May 2012, at his inauguration, when he was shown accepting her congratulations as if they had been apart for a long time. Lyudmila Putin has been reported to be living in Sardinia, among other places, and to be spending time in Paris.

“She was a woman who loved and was not loved,” Nataliya Gevorkyan, who wrote a biography of Putin in 2000, said in a recent interview in Paris.

Lyudmila Putin was an Aeroflot flight attendant from Kaliningrad when the couple met. Vladimir Putin was a young KGB agent. He had already left one fiancée at the altar — also named Lyudmila. They married in 1983.

She followed him to Dresden, in East Germany at the time, then back to St. Petersburg and on to Moscow when he took a job in the Kremlin. Along the way, they had two daughters, now grown.

As president, Putin has made a fetish of appearing to work inhuman hours, often interspersed with bouts of intense physical activity.

The Putins had entered the theater Thursday to brief and uncomfortable applause, with some in the audience standing awkwardly as if startled by their appearance. Their being together rated a news item by the RIA Novosti news agency. After the interview, conducted while they stood side by side in a room off the auditorium, the Putins left the theater. They missed the last two acts of the melodramatic ballet based on “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” the Victor Hugo novel.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/world/europe/putins-finally-appear-together-to-announce-split.html

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Gudiza(m): 2:20am On Jun 07, 2013
For a man whose approx net worth hovers around $70 billion, she should be looking towards a handsome settlement. Means more cruising in the yatch and vacations in the Cayman Islands. Live b4 u die.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Maxymilliano(m): 7:52am On Jun 07, 2013
The Putins married on July 28, 1983, and have two daughters, Maria and Yekaterina, whose lives get little public view.

There have been hints that Lyudmila Putin was unhappy. In a 2005 interview with three Russian newspapers, she complained that her husband worked long hours, forgetting that "one needs not only to work, but also to live."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/06/russian-president-putin-wife-announce-divorce/

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by fpeter(f): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2013
The rich also cry! angry
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Intrepid1(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Poor aunty! It's like being married to Robocop. This bros is the quintessential hard man!

5 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 07, 2013
I hope Putin didn't discover that he was married to a CIA agent ! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by superior1: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Take it or leave it, whatever success that makes you lose your marriage doesn't worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by God4memi: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Na wa o! Some pple get head and no cap 2 put on and vice versa. I'm speechless!
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by ParisLove2(f): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2013
Good for them.
They didn't look like a couple when i saw them on tv last night.
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by 50calibre(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2013
The strong man of the east, the ultimate alpha male despite being pint sized. This only goes to show that size doesn't matter, what counts is who and what you are.

The wife has to know not to ask for ridiculous settlement, it's suicidal to go against putin
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by fitzmayowa: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2013
hmmmm na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by marvelousabah(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2013
dey say luv neva dies bt wat happens wen it dies...heartbreak,neglet,hate den breakup or divorce
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2013
50calibre: The strong man of the east, the ultimate alpha male despite being pint sized. This only goes to show that size doesn't matter, what counts is who and what you are.

How about Napoleaon ? He was a loving soldier. grin
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by 50calibre(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How about Napoleaon ? He was a loving soldier. grin

Same goes for napoleon
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by angelTI(f): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2013
sorry o

Am so sure there is a model/actress at d corner for vladimir

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Built2last: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2013
OK
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2013
50calibre:

Same goes for napoleon

Yeah

Never under-estimate the power of a woman.I wonder how the wives of Stalin,Hitler and Mussolini had coped with their husbands. grin
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by emmabest2000(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2013
Strong man with strong head
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by 50calibre(m): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Yeah

Never under-estimate the power of a woman.I wonder how the wives of Stalin,Hitler and Mussolini had coped with their husbands. grin

Haha! I don't know about the wives of both Stalin and Mussolini, but I know that hitler's wife/girlfriend was completely obsessed with him, she saw him as a god and also committed suicide with him.

Well you can't blame putin's wife, the guy has many things on his hands, like Syria, Russian economy, oil, home opposition, NATO, regional struggles etc that he doesn't pay her attention

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by NET1(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2013
The woman talk say her husband dey too busy for her smiley
.NET
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Lusola15: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
PDP caused it cheesy

I also tink she shuld get half of d country. cheesy
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2013
This is the first case in history
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by aglomar: 11:03am On Jun 07, 2013
No big deal!
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Inik(m): 11:10am On Jun 07, 2013
Putin already has a replacement waiting in the corner
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2013
Vladimir Putin undecided

it shud have been

Vladimov Putinsky grin
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Abbott(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2013
He should watch out from burn-out.
He is just a man.
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Freiburger(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2013
You can see the gold digging on the woman's face. cheesy Question now is, what went wrong?
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 07, 2013
jonathan!! ......heard has been chykn the woman shaa to use her for the next election
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by shadrach77: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2013
booqee: This is the first case in history
Nope! Nicholas Sarkozy divorced his wife while he was still president . I just hope this lady would live to tell the story because Putin, being notoriously wicked, may chose to silence her permanently smiley cheesy wink
Re: Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2013
Abbott: He should watch out from burn-out.
He is just a man.
HE IS NOT JUST A MAN. HE IS MORE THAN A MAN 1 CORINTHIANS 15 VS 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. >>> INTERPRETATION

MEN = QUICKENED SPIRITS AKA MEN WALKING IN THE LIGHT OF GOD
BEASTS = ATHEISTS AND MEN FOLLOWING OTHER gODS
FISHES = WORLD POPULATION
BIRDS = WORLD LEADERS LIKE PUTIN AND OBAMA AND GOODLUCK ETC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Syrian Refugees Rescued Nigerian From Fire! / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep / Shocking: Australian Prime Minister Stoned By Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.