Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. (18468 Views)

First Bank Of Nigeria Is Recruiting Workers (picture) / Help Me And Thank God, Got Job With Nigerian Turkish International College / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Toppiano(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Na cost dem want save jare. If na lie make dem pay dem wit dollars and all other expatriates benefits.

Any which way, still good for those guys sha.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Meky7: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Keneking: Signs of endtime for the company
slowpoke!
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by drnoel: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Keneking: Signs of endtime for the company
Did u not see where they said the replacement was with Nigerians in diaspora
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Hilzidea(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
it is only a nigerian without value dat dey wud pay peanut...
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by ROCKSTAND1: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
I consider your comment below very impressive and accurate.

What i would like to add is that we should never forget to give credit to the men and great visioneers that availed Nigeria such an opportunity. These men are truly passionate about the growth and survival of our country,the name 'Nigeria' means the world to them. Interestingly, while they were at the helm of affairs they were insulted, despised and ridiculed by fellow Nigerians, armchair and beer parlour critics, super desperadoes whose interests are merely self serving. Economists will tell you that one of the most critical factors to reducing poverty and increasing economic development is job creation. The revitalization and development in Nigeria's telecom industry has brought about more creation of jobs than any other sector of the economy in the last 3 decades. One man has been very outstanding in the in the pursuit of project Nigeria, i can hardly think of a more patriotic citizen in this land, neither can i think of another Nigerian dead or living that has matched this man's achievement. Like every mortal man he is severally flawed but in all is fallibility he can be very rightly credited with creating the platform that brought record development in the telecom industry, revolution in the banking, petroleum and finance sectors amongst many others.

I doff my hat any day and anytime for Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo - A world class leader by all standard.

dappssee: and with their Nigerian staff becoming expats in other countries, MTN is one of the best things that ever happened to corporate Nigeria.

They created a boom in the media and the advertising industry would have been dead without them.

You can't imagine the number of jobs that have been created directly and indirectly and the manpower that has been trained and retrained

They took the risk and invested billions of dollars when other networks watched skeptically from the shores of the Middle East and Europe

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by aieromon(m): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
More like. . .

MTN replaces 285 expatriates with 1000 Nigerian workers. More jobs,less pay.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by mindtricks: 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Story story, story! Once upon a time MTN would employ you in no time as a true staff. But now you are forever a contract "staff". lipsrsealed
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by mytym(m): 2:30am On Jun 08, 2013
SlyIg: Thats nice...
I wish the Nigerians will be paid like the expatriate!

That's the issue, will they be treated like expatriates in those countries
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by mytym(m): 2:53am On Jun 08, 2013
ROCKSTAND1: I consider your comment below very impressive and accurate.

What i would like to add is that we should never forget to give credit to the men and great visioneers that availed Nigeria such an opportunity. These men are truly passionate about the growth and survival of our country,the name 'Nigeria' means the world to them. Interestingly, while they were at the helm of affairs they were insulted, despised and ridiculed by fellow Nigerians, armchair and beer parlour critics, super desperadoes whose interests are merely self serving. Economists will tell you that one of the most critical factors to reducing poverty and increasing economic development is job creation. The revitalization and development in Nigeria's telecom industry has brought about more creation of jobs than any other sector of the economy in the last 3 decades. One man has been very outstanding in the in the pursuit of project Nigeria, i can hardly think of a more patriotic citizen in this land, neither can i think of another Nigerian dead or living that has matched this man's achievement. Like every mortal man he is severally flawed but in all is fallibility he can be very rightly credited with creating the platform that brought record development in the telecom industry, revolution in the banking, petroleum and finance sectors amongst many others.

I doff my hat any day and anytime for Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo - A world class leader by all standard.

dappssee: and with their Nigerian staff becoming expats in other countries, MTN is one of the best things that ever happened to corporate Nigeria.

They created a boom in the media and the advertising industry would have been dead without them.

You can't imagine the number of jobs that have been created directly and indirectly and the manpower that has been trained and retrained

They took the risk and invested billions of dollars when other networks watched skeptically from the shores of the Middle East and Europe

Well said but after all said nd done I think NIGERIA is the Best thing that ever happened to MTN not the other way round... grin
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by DLL1: 3:24am On Jun 08, 2013
in those foreign companies, there are too many jobs that nigerians are not able and capable to do. are there adequate number of nigerian nationls that are qualified in telecommunicating field? are there adequate number of nigerians who is qualified in high level accounting and auditing? are there adequate number of nigerians qualified in fields of PR(public relation) and international business management? the answers are no, no and no. also there are other positions i did not mention but almost no one in the country can fill in.
winneijay: It's time the Nigerian Government implements the 95% Nigerian 5% expatriates in all the sectors. Be it Oil & Gas e.t.c

These rule should be supervised and implemented strictly, I don't understand why the Chinese, Philippines e.t.c will come into Nigeria and be paying Nigerian graduates peanuts while the Chinese lives in places like Banana Island Ikoyi.

In Ghana, the people in charge of such policies ensures that it is adhered to. They ask such companies, what is it the expatriate does that a Ghananian can't do. A sister of mine that worked in GT Bank Ghana said she was almost sacked because they insisted that she is either included in the 5% expatriates or they sack her and employ a Ghananian that can do the Job.

If such policies is implemented in all those foreign companies that are making so much money in this country, The rate of unemployment in this country will drop to less than 5%.

Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Majoo: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2013
rodeo0070:

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/mtn-replaces-285-expatriates-with-nigerian-workers/
I REALLY APPRECIATES THE GOoD GUESTURE OF FG/MTN. MY GREAT CONCERN NOW IS DANGOTE GROUPS WHERE INDIANS OFF ALL PEOPLE WITH TECHNICAL CERTIFCATES DOMINATES AND HEADING OUR NIGERIA MASTER/DEGREE HOLDERS PLS FG TAKE NOTE
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by classmark: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
How come the adverts for those posts were not published?
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2013

Risk? What's risky in setting up shop in a fertile mobile business climate back then? After ripping us all off for years they're now trying to play the good guys.
Re: MTN Replaces 285 Expatriates With Nigerian Workers. by mosun35: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
uote author=classmark]How come the adverts for those posts were not published?[/quote]
True talk classmark. I think the gain of MTN's action to our forum is that some of the unemployed or underemployed youths in Nigeria get employments due to this MTN's action and I don't think we saw any advert wrt the replacement exercise of MTN. If otherwise pls, I stand to b corrected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just Wanna Confirm Whether This Is Real Or Not. Anybody That Has Idea On This / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.