Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy (10561 Views)

Ezu River Victims Were Murdered - Autopsy Report / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy / Exhume Your Father's Corpse. Gov Amosun To Former Gov Daniels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by AngelicaDivine(f): 6:16am On Jun 07, 2013
BENIN CITY— FOLLOWING the setting up of a panel of enquiry to unravel the alleged killing of a 22-year-old Ibrahim Momodu, a final year student of the University of Benin by a police officer, last Wednesday, by Governor Adams Oshiomhole, the corpse was yesterday exhumed by the police to undergo an autopsy.

Meanwhile, controversy has continued to trail the killing of Momodu. While the police command in the state is claiming that he was a robber who was shot while trying to evade police arrest, the family said their son was never a criminal and was shot unjustly by the police.

However, it was learnt that the DPO who allegedly shot the deceased was being investigated as the state Commissioner of Police, Funsho Adebanjo, had vowed to investigate the matter.

Civil society organisations and students staged a peaceful protest last Tuesday, calling for the investigation of the matter.

Executive Director of the African Network for Environment and Economic Justice, ANEEJ, Rev. David Ugolor, who led other civil society organisations to the family of the deceased and to the cemetery, commended the state government for investigating the matter, just as he condemned the alleged extra judicial killing of the student.

Governor Oshiomhole had last Tuesday urged the parties to remain calm and allow the panel to investigate the matter with a view to unravel the truth. However, there was heavy presence of the police at the cemetery where the corpse was exhumed, yesterday.

The exhume body was taken away by a team of pathologists and Vanguard observed that the deceased was buried with the cloths which he wore the day he was shot. Counsel to the family of the deceased Barr.Jeff Uworghiren, described as wicked “the allegation by the police that the deceased was a criminal. But I am happy we have our pathologist ready so we will see how it goes. We are only asking for justice, this is a test case for the new chairman of the Police Service Commission”.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/police-exhume-students-corpse-for-autopsy/
http://infonigeria24.com/police-exhume-students-corpse-for-autopsy/
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Wendyslim(f): 8:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Dem for allow am rest nah. Why dem dey suffer the lifeless body
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by sammmiey1: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2013
Wendyslim: Dem for allow am rest nah. Why dem dey suffer the lifeless body
Was he not resting before,its a lifeless body remember?
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2013
The Young Man was shot dead and buried without informing his families.....Is that how to treat criminals
Liars..wicked police force.

2 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by playcharles(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2013
i was in uniben weeks ago, those guys b crooks and robbers.....imagine my iphone 4 and wallet they collected from me, was left stranded, the fact is some UNIBEN student are thieves...
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Bonapart(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2013
5th
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by tpbehappy(m): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2013
It is quite unfortunate with the way the police just kill, sometimes they brag to shot an innocent person...imagine, what a world we are living in Nigeria.....will the autopsy bring back the dead......what we want is a Nigeria free from oppression and injustice...etc
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by megashivam: 9:29am On Jun 07, 2013
Oh God ... Real Inhuman sad
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by dulphines: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2013
Nigeria Police believe they have licence to kill.
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Pre10000(f): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2013
story story.....d case of aluu four...dem don investigate am finish..mtchew
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Burger01(m): 9:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Naija Police!!! I bow.

sad
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by freecocoa(f): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2013
playcharles: i was in uniben weeks ago, those guys b crooks and robbers.....imagine my iphone 4, dem collect am from me. dey ask who i b... dey deserve wat they get, no need wastin time investigating
Shut your ignorant mouth there, how did you arrive at the conclusion that the dead guy is amongst the persons that robbed you? Did you ask them their names or take pictures of them?

8 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Ferdinandu(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2013
playcharles: i was in uniben weeks ago, those guys b crooks and robbers.....imagine my iphone 4, dem collect am from me. dey ask who i b... dey deserve wat they get, no need wastin time
Because they rob your phone so every Uniben student is now a thief.What goes around comes around,one day somebody will brand you an armed robber for what you don't know about.
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Omen100(m): 9:40am On Jun 07, 2013
playcharles: i was in uniben weeks ago, those guys b crooks and robbers.....imagine my iphone 4, dem collect am from me. dey ask who i b... dey deserve wat they get, no need wastin time investigating

What purpose you serve in the earth you ignorance fool like Freecocoa have called you, so because your iphone was stolen then human lives should be cut short unjustly abi? angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by ITbomb(m): 9:41am On Jun 07, 2013
Even if he was a criminal, is that how he should be shot and buried?
After them say make we sympathize with them when Ombatse strikes.

1 Like

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Ping411: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2013
“Last night, the police led by the Deputy
Commissioner of police, Mrs. Hilda Harrison
, visited Ibrahim Momodu’s (a UNIBEN undergraduate that was shot dead and buried by the police in Benin) family to offer their
condolences. The question is, do police visit
families of killed armed robbers?”
All I see is guilt !!!

5 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by playcharles(m): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2013
birds of the same feathers.... don't quote me before u spill out trash from your phones
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by gbanikiti(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2013
Kudos to Oshio baba for looking into the case. No peace for the wicked!

2 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by gat2so(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2013
. Shy na me send you go there go meet there girl friend ni... Dem no rob you na you crayfish .... Wetin you go do for there...
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by playcharles(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

What purpose you serve in the earth you ignorance fool like Freecocoa have called you, so because your iphone was stolen then human lives should be cut short unjustly abi? angry angry angry angry

And how does that affect your life... my own view, speak for yourself and don't quote my post
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by playcharles(m): 9:56am On Jun 07, 2013
gat2so: . Shy na me send you go there go meet there girl friend ni... Dem no rob you na you crayfish .... Wetin you go do for there...
one rubbish place they call ekosodi, collected my wallet and phones even after pleading with them, was left stranded..
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Ping411: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
The police were even claiming that the deceased was not a student of UNIBEN. smh! Even if he wasn't a student of UNIBEN, how does that justify their dastard act?

Photos credit: http://telegraphng.com/2013/06/police-exhume-uniben-students-body/

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Jennydoris(f): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
@playcharlse so because the is an armed robbers that was y the police has to kill and bury the corpse even without the parents knowing of it? for crying out loud this is injustice. Mans inhumanity to human.. Are those policemen better than that guy? why should they waste him like a fowl.. Remember that even the law court states that one is not guilty of an offense until proven otherwise.. Who made them the judge over him.. That they are carrying guns up and down those not mean or give them the temerity to take ones life... I heard the guy is a student.. so if you are in anyway related to the guy you will tell everybody that he deserves death abi? Afetr trying to make a living to succeed in life only for some mistake of the gods to come and snuff out life from him.. We all are not perfect and definitely the police are not.. and as human beings we deserve a second chance until proven otherwise.. hmmm. well i don't know what transpired between him and the police.. but whatever is the case he does not deserve to die and to be buried without the people knowing about it means that there is something fishy about the whole thing..

A peaceful rest to the dead and to the family may God console and comfort... The God of justice will fight on your behalf..

THE POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND SO LET THEM KEEP KILLING OUR BROTHERS.. HMMMMM.
HE WHO LIVES BY THE GUN MUST SURELY DIE BY IT.. Its only a matter of time... o nwa mgbe nta... cry cry
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by playcharles(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2013
Pls don't judge the police too quickly, we all know how stubborn some UNIBEN student can be, let those in authority investigate
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by shortERIKINA(m): 10:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Wendyslim: Dem for allow am rest nah. Why dem dey suffer the lifeless body
listen to urself. Hw body wey no get life go take suffer? And the main purpose of exhuming the corpse is to ascertain the main reason he was killed.
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by ARIORILANRE: 10:11am On Jun 07, 2013
the only word is accidental discharge but god dey
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by seunlayi(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
i hope the officer criminality will be exposed after this investigation.
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by daroz(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2013
playcharles: i was in uniben weeks ago, those guys b crooks and robbers.....imagine my iphone 4 and wallet they collected from me, was left stranded, the fact is some UNIBEN student are thieves...
U are a blo0dy 1di0t, dem for kuku kill u
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by lumideezle(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2013
playcharles: Pls don't judge the police too quickly, we all know how stubborn some UNIBEN student can be, let those in authority investigate
You talk like an illitrate,so because students are stubborn it is ok to shoot and kill them?? You can as well get a gun and shoot your kids whenever they act stubborn.There is something called the rules of engagement in the police force, you are not allowed to engage a"criminal" in a gun battle unless you can prove that the other person possed significant danger to your life and you had no other choice than to shoot the person. This is the reason y d police should chase a fleeing criminal sofar he/she is not armed meaning he dosent pose a threat to u as a police officer.

3 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by Poiniyipbu: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
I just wonder how people generally write issues in the generally term.@playchalres I was attacked by armed robbers years ago at mende, maryland , lagos thus you want me to conclude that every resident of mende are theives? You know why you visited Ekosodin by uniben dont say because you were robbed there then every uniben student are armed robbers and theives.Every higher institution in Nigerian suffers this nature of crime. Now, if you followed the story closely, the deceased student was shot at ogida close to his house which is a different vicinity from Ugbowo where Uniben is located. Please be objective in your reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by dridowu: 10:28am On Jun 07, 2013
9ce move
Re: Police Exhume Student’s Corpse For Autopsy by lumideezle(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2013
gbanikiti: Kudos to Oshio baba for looking into the case. No peace for the wicked!
This mentality is the prob Nigerians have,what are u kudos(ing)him 4? it is Oshoz Job to ensure that peace and justice remains in his state. He swore an Oath to protect the lives and property of every1 in his state so my dear he is just doing his job noo need 2 make too much noise about it. If you are a messenger in your office and your boss sends you on an errand does he tell you thank you, r u supposed to feel entitled to his thank you?? For crying out loud Nigerians need to understand that when we elect people into office we are giving them a job to do a job for which the are hansomely rewarded so we should hold them responsible to deliver.
Nepa brings light you shout "Up nepa" and I wonder what is up about them, is it their job to bring and take the power?
Fashola builds bridge we no go hear word again I mean if he dosent do these things what exactly did you people elect him for? To steal your money??

Nigerians please change your mentality. A people gets the type of leaders they deserve.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Operation "Forest Storm" Destroys More Illegal Oil Refineries (Video) / Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon / Osun PDP, Babayemi Trade Accusations Over Court Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.