Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin And Wife Have Announced Their Marriage Is Over - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia’s President Vladimir Putin And Wife Have Announced Their Marriage Is Over (485 Views)

See what Vladimir Putin said about muslims in Russia- Cramjones / Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis / Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin And Wife Have Announced Their Marriage Is Over by Hovabuzz: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2013
Russia’s President Vladimir Putin and his wife Lyudmila have announced their “marriage is over”."It was our joint decision, our marriage is over," President Putin said in the interview to Russia24 state channel. The announcement was made at the Grand Kremlin Palace, where Vladimir and Lyudmila Putin attended the Esmeralda ballet. Asked to confirm if that was a divorce, Lyudmila Putina, who was standing by the President's side, told the media “Yes, you can say that, this is civilized divorce.”

"I do not like publicity, and the flights are complicated for me. We love our children, we are proud of them and see each other often," Lyudmila Putina.

Thursday’s ballet visit is the first joint appearance in more than a year. At the last Easter ceremony at Christ the Savior Cathedral, President Putin was accompanied by Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin.

However, Mrs. Putina said “they will always be friends”.

“I am grateful that he supports me," she said.

Vladimir and Lyudmila Putin have been married for 30 years, since 1983, three years after they first met.

Vladimir Putin and Lyudmila were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. Lyudmila worked as a flight attendant on domestic airlines and had come to St. Petersburg, where Vladimir was based, (back in Soviet times it was called Leningrad) for three days with a friend.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/248-russia-s-president-vladimir-putin-and-his-wife-have-announced-their-marriage-is-over
Re: Russia’s President Vladimir Putin And Wife Have Announced Their Marriage Is Over by mukina2: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2013

(1)

Mandela’s 95th Birthday Plans Go Ahead Despite Illness / Bomb Blast Kills 12 Soccer Players, Fans In Iraq / African Leaders Endorse Zimbabwe's Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.