Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 (2470 Views)

Blackout: Nigerians Reject Buhari’s Apology - Punch NewsPaper / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by pimplucious: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2013
He cancelled the Lagos Metroline project, started by the Jakande government, ostensibly because of 100 million dollars when the cancellation would cost the people of Lagos more than 60 million dollars in contract breach penalty. The truth is that he cancelled the project out of sheer ethnic malice. If the project had been cited in Kano, the Fulani man would not have cancelled it.

He was instrumental to the relocation of a refinery meant for Lagos to Kaduna inspite of the bad economic
sense of locating a refinery so far away from the source of crude oil deposit.

He jailed Fela for possessing 5,000 dollars, which he lawfully earned during his concerts in Europe, while he allowed the Emir of Gwandu to bring in 53 suitcase
believed to contain naira notes at a time Nigeria was exchanging an old naria for a new one.

During his time at the Petroleum (special) Trust Fund (PTF) , he located most of the projects in the North West and North East geopolitical
zones. The South West received the least number of projects.

while he kept Shagari in a luxury villa in Ikoyi after he overthrew a democractically elected government,
he put Ekwueme and other Southern polititicians who bore lesser responsibilitui es for the misdeeds of the Shagari-led Federal Government in maximum prisons with little confort. Onabanjo, Ambrose Folorunsho Ali and others died as a result of the harsh treatments meted to them in prison. The military tribunals he set up
to try the politicians also prosecuted mainly Southerners.

During his reign as Military Head of State, he introduced Import Licences ostensibly to manage our forex resources. However he used the system to suffocate Yoruba-owned companies by denying them Import Licenses out of ethnic malice. Even when Alhaji MKO Abiola used his own offshore based forex resources to import newsprint for his Concord group of newspapers, Buhari ordered the newsprint siezed.

He ordered Fulani soldiers to invade Awo’s private residence in Park Lane, Apapa, smashing the doors and wrecking the interor in the name of searching for documents to incriminate the old man. Even the wedding photo of Papa and Mama Awolowo was smashed during the invasion.

In January 2001, Buhari came to Ibadan to intimidate the people of Oyo State when he visited the then
governor, Alhaji Lam Adeshina, to complain of the alleged murder of Fulani pastoralists in a local government of the state. Yet it was the Fulanis who killed the Oyo farmers in their typical barbaric manner. This shows how tribalistic the man is.

10. Buhari planned the violence that caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people - Christians
and Southerners - during the 2011 presidential election. He is morally and criminally culpable for the death of thousands of people who were massacred in the North.

BUHARI IS CORRUPT

The ‘clean man’ image enjoyed by Buhari is deceptive. Was it not under Buhari as NNPC chairman and oil minister that Nigeria lost 2.8 billion naira in 1979? That
money then was equivalent to 3.2 billion US dollars. Again, Buhari as Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (special) Trust Fund (PTF) during the Abacha regime
was accused of embezzlement by retired Group Captain Usman Jibrin, a board member of PTF, and Dr Haroun Adamu, whom Obasanjo appointed on assuming the presidency in 1999 to sanitize the PTF. For example, Adamu’s official report on the activities of PTF says that “N135 billion out of the N146 billion was squandered, possibly through over invoicing, over supplies, supplying expired materials, wrong project priorities, .. and blatant thievery.”
Buhari is as corrupt as the typical Nigerian politician if not more. How else has the man been able to solely finance his campaigns since 2002 if he hadn’t stolen our money? We must wise up.

12.Moreover, Buhari lacks any agenda for development. He cannot be identifed with any direction in serious public discourse about national development. Also, after watching his interviews it's obvious that this man simply lacks any concrete agenda for the development of the country that you wonder why he wants to be president at all!

Buhari’s greatest deficit is his patent lack of the National Spirit. He is an unrepentant Fulani tribalist and religious bigot who will not be fair to ALL Nigerians if he becomes president again.

Therefore, reject Buhari in 2015!

from experience and history the Yorubas get easily deceived by the Hausa fulanis and the yorubas are most known in the country to have disdain and passionate hate for the Igbos. before today was always yesterday. Don't forget that.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=393600094089812&id=125593210890503&from_feed=1&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5886625022855824277%3Amf_story_key.-4435766908883734223

6 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by kunlekunle: 7:50am On Jun 07, 2013
We have forgiven him.

6 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Wendyslim(f): 7:52am On Jun 07, 2013
I prefer someone new kiss undecided undecided
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by pimplucious: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle: We have forgiven him.

With his actions and inactions lately u can tell he's still same person. I u se to like him but not anymore
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Willywilly4: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Only a Devil will forgive a Devil

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by ekubear1: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2013
You can do it p1mp lucius! cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Maxymilliano(m): 8:12am On Jun 07, 2013
This is not enough for him not to be voted for by whoever deem it appropriate, moreover, why are you folks losing sleep over Buhari candidacy
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by pimplucious: 8:13am On Jun 07, 2013
eku_bear: You can do it p1mp lucius! cheesy grin cheesy

I can do what, eku_bear?
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by ekubear1: 8:14am On Jun 07, 2013
Ah, I thought your name was from Trapped in the Closet.

Watch this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHPDjG-iETE
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by kunlekunle: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4:
Only a Devil will forgive a Devil

only God forgives, try and be Godly
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by kunlekunle: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2013
pimp_lucious :

With his actions and inactions lately u can tell he's still same person. I u se to like him but not anymore

Eveen a mad man will till the earth in his direction.
Thats where he belongs, he must still stand up and represent them.
Dont forget he told GEJ long time, when you get them shoot them.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by pimplucious: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2013
eku_bear: Ah, I thought your name was from Trapped in the Closet.

Watch this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHPDjG-iETE

grin
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by morningsta(m): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2013
Buhari and his cohorts better find something else to do with themselves because his presidential ambition is DOA. How many Nigerians will vote for him considering the many unguarded/careless statements he has been making to heat up the crises in Nig. lately? He has failed woefully in potraying himself as a nationalist. If he is counting on the support of his almajiri/boko haram appologist for electoral victory, then he better wake up and smell the coffe!
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Willywilly4: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2013
kunlekunle:
only God forgives, try and be Godly
Tell God then to abolish Hell Fire and allow Satan into his Paradise.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by touch4mony: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2013
when boko boys where killing ppl how many times did buhari come out in public to condem their actions but since SOE took place in same part of d north against boko haram u see him everyday in news condeming FG actions,so it now means that those ppl they killed are not human or what.so he dont want them to die but he wants them to b killing other.the blood of this innocent ppl are on u and buhari's head.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by tomakint: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2013
Why is the OP begging them? Definitely some Yorubas will vote for Jonathan while those Yorubas who considered Buhari their Messiah are free to do so! 2015 please come quickly, we can't wait!
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by tomakint: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4:
A worthy answer to a worthy slave!
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2013
Yoruba would only dwell on the past for Good !!!

.........Not for the useless points u have enumerated above !!!
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by ba7man(m): 9:00am On Jun 07, 2013
I'm tired of these old politicians and their re-cycled ar5es anyway....Buhari is not an exception.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by ekoileee: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2013
You people keep goofing around and thinking this is about Buhari and only Buhari

The tin go do you like film trick...lmao
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by pimplucious: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2013
With the attitude displayed by Buhari lately, do ya'll still think he's worthy to rule this country considering the fact we are so different in many front? Clearly, Buhari has shown he only cared for only a section and he has upheld religion especially b4 issues bothering on the nation. To him, religion comes first. What I can deduce from his actions lately
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Josegun(m): 12:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
grin grin
U guys will not kill me with laugh. That comment is killing. After the whole effort of the poor writer. Yes o o my brother, he is forgiven. lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by kunlekunle: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
Willywilly4:

Heaven or hell is your own making, so decide
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
ba7man: I'm tired of these old politicians and their re-cycled ar5es anyway....Buhari is not an exception.

Buhari is not even a politician. He is a simply a soldier and that is why the only way he campaigns is to promise us that blood will flow if he looses.

it is a shame that killer blood thirsty and criminally minded like him are allowed to be walking free.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by dgitrader(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
buhari is a smart general, he knows the political field very well, he knows his chances are slim and he isn't contesting anymore. But he will certaining be in the corridors of power, going by the present politics of ethnicity. Focusing on buhari's candidacy is completely illogical in the future scheme of things
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by abacus(m): 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Forgiven him tai tai.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
I'll find you angry
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by kunlekunle: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
sheyie2007: I'll find you angry

no try me
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
After June 12 1993, I know that the average Yoruba Voter will always deal a death blow to the political ambitions of any overzealous hausa/fulanis any day, and that is why Buhari have not won so far after contesting thrice.
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by tomakint: 12:04am On Jun 08, 2013
sheyie2007: I'll find you angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin after finding him out, then what's next cheesy
Re: Why Yorubas Should REJECT Buhari In 2015 by ibrahimdoc: 2:17am On Jun 08, 2013
even if south west support buhari, he still can't win. so let them support him if they want, they don't care.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Harams Abubakar Shekau NOT DEAD / Why I Did Not Kill President Babangida During The Orkar Coup”- Lt Echendu / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL Election:buhari Wins Big In Lagos, Ogun, Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.