Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa (9172 Views)

Some Igbos Are Fanatics And Are Making Things Difficult For Nigeria – Tofa / Watch M K O Abiola And Tofa Insult Tom Ikimi nPresidential Debate(Videos of Awo) / Bashir Tofa Relaunches Presidential Bid ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Tofax: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2013
A former presidential candidate of the defunct National Republican Convention (NRC), Alhaji Bashir Tofa, has said the June 12, 1993 Presidential election was fiction and its anniversary not worth celebrating.

Tofa described those celebrating and still talking about the annulment of the June 12 1993 election as idle minds who have nothing better to do with their lives.

He was believed to have lost to his Social Democratic Party (SDP) counterpart, the late Chief Moshood Abiola, in the controversial June 12,
1993 election

The June 12, 1993 Presidential election was annulled by the regime of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and that date has been annually celebrated by followers of Abiola especially from the South West.

But Tofa argued that the yearly celebration of the event is a fiction.

“Only those who don’t have anything to offer to this country to move forward can still be talking about June 12 presidential elections,” he told journalists in Kano.

“I am not one of those people that celebrate fiction that is the more reason why I don’t like to be talking again on June 12 presidential election.

“If you have learnt any lesson out of it, good; if you have not, keep quiet , let this country makes progress. But for one to still be talking about something that occurred 20 years ago, is colossal waste of time.

“We have more problems than to be talking about this nonsense, we want this country to survive and people were still talking about June 12.

“People who have nothing to offer this country or have nothing better to say, can go on talking about June 12 , because they have nothing else to say to help this country move forward,“ he added.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/june-12-presidential-election-is-fiction-tofa/

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 07, 2013
Well as long as the annulment favoured you,why should you care But,the mandate was later given to Obasanjo in other to make Yorubas happy and today a good number of them aren't complaining. But let's call a spade a spade Tofa! IBB took the wrong decision, the result should have stood because, it was the people's voice.

6 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 07, 2013
What do you get from someone who lost abusmaly.Silence please..![color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by igbeke: 8:45am On Jun 07, 2013
by d way, does dis man still exist? tot he's passed on.
what a way 2 display falure! it also shows he has a failed mindset.
i tink he shud just sharrap and bow his head in shame.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by ojofu(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2013
who would want to remember failure? Nobody i guess, so i don't blame him for his opinion.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2013
What is tofa? Is it the name of a food in hausa land?

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Inik(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2013
Na bad belle dey worry this man.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by femikay149(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2013
Losers be like»»»»

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by rlcanon: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2013
THIS IS A REAL FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO YOU THE ENTIRE ACN AND YORUBAS THAT ARE POLITICAL STOOGE TO THE CPC/APC.YOUR MERGER IS DEFINETELY UNDER THE PROCESS OF TRUNCATION.SHAME TO LAI MOHAMMED,BOLA AHED TINUBU AND ACN

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by fitzmayowa: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2013
the one na bomb shell oooo

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by kacheezy: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2013
fitzmayowa: the one na bomb shell oooo
And the bombs are only exploding in your head.
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2013
Would it have been a fiction if Tofa had won the election ?

Will Babangida cancel the election if Tofa had won ?

The guy is just bitter that Abiola won the election even though after all these while he(Tofa) had gone into political asylum.No matter what Tofa thinks,Most Nigerians knew what happened during the campaign,before the election,during the election and after the election.

Posterity will judge all those involved directly or indirectly northerner or southerner in scuttling that election.

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by dulphines: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2013
I will be back to comment.
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by excondido(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2013
History is to be learnt and not to be celebrated in the case of an annulled election. However flawless the victory was its now in the past and its not worth celebrating because it never stood.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by rallymento(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2013
Alhaji Tofa just realised that he is no longer making impact in the society and suddenly wants his voice to be heard. As for the west, he made a valid point ooo but it isn't necessary!
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Fiawest(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2013
All hail Mr Loser!!!!!!I Remember my failing years back,it hurt me to think n remember it,so Mr Tofa,MKO dashed n lashed u,u were washed in a flash of mess,so I understand your pain.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by excondido(m): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Would it have been a fiction if Tofa had won the election ?

Will Babangida cancel the election if Tofa had won ?

The guy is just bitter that Abiola won the election even though after all these while he(Tofa) had gone into political asylum.No matter what Tofa thinks,Most Nigerians knew what happened during the campaign,before the election,during the election and after the election.

Posterity will judge all those involved directly or indirectly northerner or southerner in scuttling that election.

Tofa has been in oblivion for years after the election and have more or less been passive in politics. if he(Tofa) had been bitter, u would have been hearing from him often. Beside he never contested the result of the result as false, he is just concerned by folks who have not moved on since then(1994)!

4 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Gamji007: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2013
Tofa is entitled to his own opinion. His statement isn't justifying the annulment of the election, but only telling us that dwelling on the past will do us no good, we should instead face the present challenges and make the future better.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Soso990240(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2013
Abeg make una no delete this topic..i wan go slap tofa..i de come back.
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by lakeside3020(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2013
[quote author=rlcanon]THIS IS A REAL FOOD FOR THOUGHT TO YOU THE ENTIRE ACN AND YORUBAS THAT ARE POLITICAL STOOGE TO THE CPC/APC.YOUR MERGER IS DEFINETELY UNDER THE PROCESS OF TRUNCATION.SHAME TO LAI MOHAMMED,BOLA AHED TINUBU AND ACN[/quote

PDP,PEOPLE DESTROYING PEOLPES PARTY,IS IT NOT BETTER TO KEEP QUIET IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY RATHER THAN JUST SAYING SOMETHING,COME 2015 I BET YOU POWER WILL SHIFT THEN WE SHALL SEE
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 07, 2013
excondido:

Tofa has been in oblivion for years after the election and have more or less been passive in politics. if he(Tofa) had been bitter, u would have been hearing from him often. Beside he never contested the result of the result as false, he is just concerned by folks who have not moved on since then(1994)!

Nobody is forcing anyone to recongnise the struggle likewise Tofa can't stop Nigerians especially the yorubas from recognising the impact and struggles of June 12 !

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Burger01(m): 9:38am On Jun 07, 2013
Fiction indeed!! Loser.

sad
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Gamji007: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2013
Fiawest: All hail Mr Loser!!!!!!I Remember my failing years back,it hurt me to think n remember it,so Mr Tofa,MKO dashed n lashed u,u were washed in a flash of mess,so I understand your pain.
Is it a crime to loose an election? The man is a "civilized" poltician who handled his loss well and has moved on with his life.

Whether he was lashed and dashed, I believ he is a happier than most of you here on Nairaland
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by lakeside3020(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2013
TOFA IS ALREADY A DEAD MAN WALKING,WHAT A STATEMENT,YOU CLAIMED THAT YOU ARE TOUGH TOFA,THE SAME ABIOLA BEAT YOU TO IT EVEN IN YOUR OWN STATE,WHAT A SHAME

IS BETTHER FOR YOU TO KEEP SILENT PARTAINING TO ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH JUNE 12 WHICH WAS A MANDATE WE GAVE ABIOLA

ONCE AGAIN SHAME ON YOU TOFA
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by gbanikiti(m): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2013
The loser is simply seeking for attention. period!
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by 2fine2fast(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2013
Reminds me of the story of..................King Solomon, the two mothers and the baby.......

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by wellmax(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2013
ojofu: who would want to remember failure? Nobody i guess, so i don't blame him for his opinion.
GBAM!!! You couldn't have said it better. The guy doesn't want to remember his lose.
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by ITbomb(m): 9:45am On Jun 07, 2013
Alhaji Tofa!
Na him o
Na him go win
NRC
Na him o
Na him go win.
*those days we thought we were making progress*

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Agbalanze(m): 9:45am On Jun 07, 2013
Eyee... I can understand this man; its just like reminding him every year how he lost to Abiola grin

1 Like

Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by akejujoe(f): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Just because you lost the election doesn't mean people should not remember what june 12 symbolises in our nation's political history. It ll do u more good to remain in d oblivion Mr.Tofa
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Alxmyr(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Nobody is forcing anyone to recongnise the struggle likewise Tofa can't stop Nigerians especially the yorubas from recognising the impact and struggles of June 12 !

So June 12 is Yoruba thing...
Re: June 12 Presidential Election Is Fiction – Tofa by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2013
A yearly reminder of his brutal defeat by MKO. It's like being flogged over and over again.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC / 2019: ‘i’m In The Race To Win, Not Splitting Any Votes’ – Oby Ezekwesili Insists / Reps Task FG On Installation Of Landing Facilities At Margaret Ekpo Int Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.