Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives (15445 Views)

The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's / Dog With A Human Face Saved From Kentucky Kill Shelter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2013
Kabang is a shepherd mix Aspin from Zamboanga City, Philippines who became a famous and called a Hero dog when she saved the lives of two child from a fatal motorcycle crash. In the result of the accident, Kabang lost her upper snout. Cousins Dina Bunggal, 11, and Princess Diansing, 3, were walking across Nuñez Extension on Dec. 14 not knowing that a speeding motorcycle was bearing down on them.

At the crucial moment, Kabang, the Bunggal family’s dog, emerged from nowhere and jumped into the motorcycle’s path. The cousins stumbled but were otherwise unharmed. The motorcycle driver, likewise unharmed, took them to hospital for treatment of their bruises.

Eyewitness Jovito Urpiano said Kabang (a Visayan term that means “spotty”) shielded the two girls from certain harm. Urpiano was in an eatery on his no ontime break from driving a tricycle and saw how Kabang stopped the motorcycle from hitting the girls. The dog’s head landed directly on the motorcycle’s front wheel, and as it rolled, her snout got stucked in it.

“I thought somebody threw the dog on the motorcycle, but I could not see anyone who might have done that,” Urpiano told the Inquirer. He said it later came to him that Kabang had intentionally blocked the motorcycle’s path to save the girls. Rudy Bunggal, Dina’s father who works at a nearby vulcanizing shop, also saw how Kabang saved the lives of his daughter and niece. “The bones holding her upper snout were crushed, and we could not do anything to save it.

We just pulled her off the wheel,” Bunggal said. Thus freed, Kabang ran away as fast as she could and went missing for two weeks. When she finally returned to the family home, she looked very different. But her human family could not care less. “It does not matter if she’s ugly now.

What is important to us is she saved our children and we cannot thank her enough for that,” Bunggal said. “Kabang is a hero,” said his wife Christina.
Source: www.newsinfo.inquirer.net/147865/pet-dog-saves-2-girls-but-loses-her-face

5 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Okijajuju: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
What an ugly dog...

Meanwhile, meet my dog that caught my ex babe trying to open my Facebook messages.. grin

His name is bingo bilolo

18 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by ebamma3: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
GREAT ANIMAL! RESPECT! cool

In Hausaland, we worship the spirit of the Hyena, which is close relative of the Dog.
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by AnOlAd: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Ugly or no Ugly God used the dog to save lives.... that all that matters...

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by elbinmanny(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: What an ugly dog...
would u have said that if they were your daughters?

3 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
She wasnt like this. It was the accident that made her upper jaw remove
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
that dog is better than some human being who cannot let a finger go just to save someone life and all you could say is the dog is ugly.

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by colossus2: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2013

Meanwhile, meet my dog that caught my ex babe trying to open my Facebook messages.. grin

His name is bingo bilolo
Sometimes people don't know when to joke. If only it was your dog or the kids were yours.
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by pendusky(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
jst rememberd that india dog movie.

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by zeanslim(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
MENN
THIS THE NEW UNDERDOG !!!!!!
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Kingslaw(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Wow God is great.He can use anything at any given time to save life.

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Okijajuju: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
colo$$u$:
Sometimes people don't know when to joke. If only it was your dog or the kids were yours.

Dude...

You need to chill the f*ck out. This is just a thread.
Okay! So you said 'glory to God', the next person says 'May God bless the dog and its family', how does that really affect my life, your life, the lives of the two girls involved or even the dogs life?

The dog is ugly #Fact!

You all need to get lives away from the Internet. So bloody what does it matter what we say here on Nairaland?

Hypocritical fuckers.

6 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Okijajuju: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Kingslaw: Wow God is great.He can use anything at any given time to save life.

Just like he can also use anything including dogs to take away innocent lives.. grin

#Praise The Lord.

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Kingslaw(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Just like he can also use anything including dogs to take away innocent lives.. grin

#Praise The Lord.
well,God knows better.
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by MMM2(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2013

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by yuzedo: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
BLESS THIS DOG OH LORD FOR CHRISSAKE, AMEN! angry angry

I love dogs, oh GOD! cry cry cry

............... [size=5pt]b(i)tches especially![/size] grin grin grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Burger01(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hey yah!!

Naija dog fit stop okada? Na tear race the bingo go fire from Lagos go Abakaliki.

sad
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by adexsimply(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
yuzedo: BLESS THIS DOG OH LORD FOR CHRISSAKE, AMEN! angry angry

............... [size=15pt]b(i)tches especially![/size] grin grin grin wink
grin grin
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Burger01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2013

............... [size=25pt]b(i)tches especially![/size] grin grin grin wink

grin
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by colossus2: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Dude...

You need to chill the f*ck out. This is just a thread.
Okay! So you said 'glory to God', the next person says 'May God bless the dog and its family', how does that really affect my life, your life, the lives of the two girls involved or even the dogs life?

The dog is ugly #Fact!

You all need to get lives away from the Internet. So bloody what does it matter what we say here on Nairaland?

Hypocritical fuckers.

What's the point writing an essay if you have a life.

"What an ugly dog"...(LACK OF EMPATHY)

"Meanwhile, meet my dog that caught my ex babe trying to open my Facebook messages"...(DELUSION OF GRANDEUR)

"His name is bingo bilolo"...(DERANGED)

3 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Okijajuju: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
colo$$u$:

What's the point writing an essay if you have a life.

"What an ugly dog"...(LACK OF EMPATHY)

"Meanwhile, meet my dog that caught my ex babe trying to open my Facebook messages"...(DELUSION OF GRANDEUR)

"His name is bingo bilolo"...(DERANGED)

Na wah o! S Seun has started allowing Ndi Ara to join Nairaland..

Lack of empathy for dog wey I for don cut ehn throat boil with scent leaf and kinkana chop since..

Delusion is what you called an obvious light hearted joke?

Deranged because of a dogs name?

Na wah o!!

Bros. no be me cause the problems for your life.. No animal, human or spirit fit solve your issues.

Here your only solution;
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by colossus2: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju:

Na wah o! S Seun has started allowing Ndi Ara to join Nairaland..

Lack of empathy for dog wey I for don cut ehn throat boil with scent leaf and kinkana chop since..

Delusion is what you called an obvious light hearted joke?

Deranged because of a dogs name?

Na wah o!!

I can see how empty your big head is.

4 Likes

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Walexz02(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Wao! This is interesting!
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by adexsimply(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
colo$$u$:

*falls from 10th MAinland Bridge*
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by sylve11: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2013

............... [size=5pt]b(i)tches especially![/size] grin grin grin wink

na who come release this one from him cage? grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okay !

Beeuteeful doorg of thi banana man shun sikiority.
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Diasporan(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2013

His name is bingo bilolo
I thought you said that was Ileke when she was caught by the EFCC dog.Hmm so you were once into this Ileke di girl?Bad guy grin grin
Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Kingslaw: Wow God is great.He can use anything at any given time to save life.
[size=16pt]
L@@K @ THIS MUMU! INSTEAD OF PRAISING THE DOG, HE IS PRAISING THE GOD![/size] angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Kabang: The Hero Dog Who Saved Lives by Okijajuju: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
colo$$u$:

kai! I'm so sorry, I forgot you are poor and can't afford a gun or even bullet.

Oya, use rope, if you can't afford to buy one, go and collect your neighbours cloth line and ; [img]http://4.bp..com/-H7KNi2OM5mY/TcNkf1UeYwI/AAAAAAAAAb4/2invzSpu1lc/s400/suicide_hanging1.gif[/img]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LATEST:- WhatsApp New View Once Feature Hack (Unlimited Views) / SIIT Advanced Diploma Program for Tech Professionals / 10 Paranormal Investigations And Encounters In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.