Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (40818 Views)

5 Outdated Technologies In The World Today / Amazing Technologies that have totally changed our world for the better / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by ochejoseph(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2014
1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.
But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.
It was simple
A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !
How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigerians

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/09/7-outdated-technologies-that-had-great.html?m=1

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nielbaba(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014
Space booked
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by vivaciouzz(f): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2014
those days of VCR cassette,we watched igodo,domitilla n so on..those days dat we store water in nylon..even ice cream #10

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Noah13: 9:10am On Sep 04, 2014
Haaaaaaaaah

Old Times...
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2014
Sweet old times, I Loooove Sega.
I can't ever forget ‘Dshoot’ or ‘LawnBall’ from the soccer - commentary. grin

95 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by hummerwise(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2014
.7. Wardrope/cupboard TV...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2014
Emulator for me
I agree with you on the Nintendo part. I played Mario kart on n64 like crazy. I love it so much I just installed an n64 emulator on my note 3 and playing away with my dualshock 3 controller and it's almost as much fun as I remember it.

I also bought several game boys - the original game boy then game boy color and finally game boy advance sp. Oh my, such nostalgia.

I never really liked Sega or family con - they looked too cheesy to me even at the time but I had friends who could die playing it - international super star soccer, deluxe

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by dridowu: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2014
Nintendo remind me of Super Mario bros. So lovely then
Sega remind me of Mortal Kombat 3
#teamsubzero

29 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by 190theclown: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2014
Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

caboni can score from mid field all you need is to hold the C button

Looong ball... control it and into the net

Keeper can never catch it grin grin grin

Lawd have mercy.. those days sha . . .

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by haitto99(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
o boi.....nitendo back den was hot.....
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by sureway1(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
the 90s indomie children dont know all these.

you know them now!
those kids that dance skelewu upon making front page/first to comment as though there is a special prize attach to it...

25 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by frediech(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Mtcheeeeewwwwww........ who carry dis tin come front page sef undecidedMtcheeeeewwwwww........ who carry dis tin come front page sef

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Brymo: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
I remembered our secondary school project was on a floppy disk

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by 190theclown: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
As an African kid back in the 90's

during the festive period's I and my crew used to get flat planks/wood

drill a small piece of hole on the wood with a 7" nail

fill it with matches cover with a nail and use a wood on the nail to create explosive sounds that were quite loud grin grin grin

we did this for years until a wood exploded and struck a kid on the head about 3years later then we stopped

africans always had a way of inventing things no matter how crude or dangerous it is especially nigerians

same way they had chewed kola and bathed with salt water a few weeks ago

I keep saying this. Should the world get destroyed today the last humans to die off would be nigerians grin grin

we invent anything

60 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Harmthe(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
making first page since 1890

thou is my first time

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Back then, man had to pay hourly bucks to the cafe niggurs to work with their 12th century Dell, but now, come see my hps.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by haitto99(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
190theclown: Mortal Kombat

noob sibot Brutality

XAXBCZCZAAZ wink wink

Introducing super star soccer delux

fav player caboni of italy with white hair grin grin

Good bless those good ol days

1998-2001 rocked!!
Gomez of brazil too

2 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Umennajiego(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
a
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Guykhena(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
ochejoseph:
3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.
Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now

I beg to differ,, 'Chinco' phones still on it grin .
ochejoseph:
4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Damn we rock this thing that year...... cheesy .

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by allisonluvsu(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
yea right
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Jhayson(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by NewsINigeria(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
it si well

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Tmtn: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
lolz.. sure outdated!
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by austinoeze(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
booked
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by OLAplusONE(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Na so jare op, very positive impacts
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by cockycock: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Floppy disk had a capacity of 1.44mb. Quite large then

9 Likes

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Ayomax(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2014
condom, now most youth are too stupid to use it, they feel cool having unprotected s3x

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State. / "Giant George" World's Tallest Dog Dies At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.