Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? (922 Views)

Is Biafra Igbo? / Today Is Biafra Day / Economically: How Is Biafra Going To Survive ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Blackteeth(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
I wonder if the pro-biafrans are asking themselves this question: What makes them fully confident that they would fair better and become prosperous if they leave Nigeria? The reasons they usually give for wanting out is because Igbos are killed and marginalized. Now I have to ask this: If biafra becomes actualized today does it mean that no Igbos will remain in the north and other danger zones where they are targeted? The answer is NO of course. Definitely Igbos will still be left in every corner you can think of and would still be killed by their so-called enemies.
Igbos appear to be united when the issue of biafra comes up, therefore I can safely say that Nigeria is what is keeping Igbos united for now. Let Biafra become reality and I bet it would be time for igbos to face each other and settle scores among themselves dating back 200 years.
Concerning the issue of maginalization or whatever, the simple truth is that:
1. Igbos do not need to produce a president for the south-east to develop and advance.
2. Being part of Nigeria is not an excuse why the south-east is underdeveloped. The south-east can still be developed even without necessarily breaking away. All it would take is strong teamwork and coordination.
So what is all this noise and stress about biafra? Is there another reason they haven't mentioned yet? undecided
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by mikolo80: 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.THEY'VE GOT 7 MINISTERS AND GOVERNORS AND SENATORS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND .....ABEG E DON TIRE ME.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2013
Blackteeth: I wonder if the pro-biafrans are asking themselves this question: What makes them fully confident that they would fair better and become prosperous if they leave Nigeria? The reasons they usually give for wanting out is because Igbos are killed and marginalized. Now I have to ask this: If biafra becomes actualized today does it mean that no Igbos will remain in the north and other danger zones where they are targeted? The answer is NO of course. Definitely Igbos will still be left in every corner you can think of and would still be killed by their so-called enemies.
Igbos appear to be united when the issue of biafra comes up, therefore I can safely say that Nigeria is what is keeping Igbos united for now. Let Biafra become reality and I bet it would be time for igbos to face each other and settle scores among themselves dating back 200 years.
1. Igbos do not need to produce a president for the south-east to develop and advance.
2. Being part of Nigeria is not an excuse why the south-east is underdeveloped. The south-east can still be developed even without necessarily breaking away. All it would take is strong teamwork and coordination.
So what is all this noise and stress about biafra? Is there another reason they haven't mentioned yet? undecided

Nigeria is dragging us backwards. The North does not have the speed to make progress in terms of education, Business, economy, innovation, etc.

Do you know for how long they have been playing politics with the issue of an International Airport in the South East?
Nigeria is a fraud! So the President can do and undo. OBJ took free trade zone to his place, what did he give us in South East?

have you heard of Innoson Motors? Do you know how long they have been playing politics with the dream? Until Jonathan came on board.
We want to proudly export "Made in Biafra". We shall turn Biafra into a combination of China and Dubai. We need the might of a Federal government to do that. We cant achieve much of that in Nigeria.

We want to handle our security. The structure of Nigeria breeds insecurity. There will be criminals, but we know what we need to do.

is evidence of colonialism. It was the whiteman who called me Nigerian. I am being forced to be called Nigerian.

I dont know what you mean about 200 years old fight, but please I wish to let you know that we are more interested in innovation and productivity than engage in any fights. Though we can produce guns and bombs and export to your country if you need them. On the other hand, I dodn't think it is your business what happens in Biafra.

After our independence, Biafrans that will remain in Nigeria (or The Arewa Islamic Republic) will have visas to stay. The Biafran High commission will see to the welfare of Biafran citizens. We will have the Isreali/American approach on how to protect the interests of our citizens living in such terrorists countries. However, i think i will take it more easy,

It is government policy all over the world to pay attention to the security of foreigners living in their countries. However, we shall make Biafra more vibrant than Nigeria that our people will prefer home.

Yet, it is not only about Biafra! Nigeria was dead on arrival. It was an imagination of the whiteman.

Why should we blame the Jihardist North for desiring and implementing sharia? It is their way of life! Forcing them not do it is nothing else but colonialism and forcing me to accept sharia is the same thing.

So, in the same country, we have two laws. You have different admission criteria in the name of quota, different employment requirements.
You guys should stop this madness!

anyway, Biafra is only of the countries that will come out of Nigeria. The oil war is enough to split Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by yeboyes: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Biafra is not pointless,please split Nigeria so Biafra can be independent and the rest of us can govern ourselves as well.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Koffiman: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
What is all this madness and sleeplessness with Yoruba nairalanders over Igbo affairs. Just only today, about four topics on Igbo affairs have been posted by Yoruba pple here. Yesterday it was one Oyeyemi who seized over two pages on the media to fabricate lies about Awo's 20pound policy on biafrans. My advice to my fellow yorubA brothers and sisters is to leave the igbos alone and focus on developing their region and stop all this mudslinging and falsehood peddling against a tribe. Yoruba can never be more Igbo than the igbo themselves.

I'm sure Bluetooth must have changed his name to black tooth

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by DerideGull(m): 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Biafra was not Germany, Japan or Italy that enjoyed years of independent and was soundly defeated in war yet allowed to stand without interferences from the victors. It will be an act of insanity and exercise born out of foolishness to juxtapose USA and Nigeria in a sociopolitical scenario.

South-east or former eastern region will never see its growth potential as long as it is part of the jungle called Nigeria. Ordinary act of importation of cement was denied Ibeto by a member of victorious groups and the deal was exclusively handed to another member of victorious group from the civil war.

Before the civil war, activities around Abonima Wharf in Igwe Ocha through importation of commodities which included cars and edible products reduced Lagos as inconsequential distance city.
In today’s Nigeria, Igwe Ocha has been bureaucratically reduced to ghost town by the policies fermented by the goons from victorious side who sat in Lagos and Abuja.

The best approach for easterners, certain of parts of middle belt region and entire Igbo nation is get the hell out of the colonial contraption called Nigeria. In fact, if certain entities mentioned appear to drag their feet, republic of Igbo land is most desirable.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
DerideGull: Biafra was not Germany, Japan or Italy that enjoyed years of independent and was soundly defeated in war yet allowed to stand without interferences from the victors. It will be an act of insanity and exercise born out of foolishness to juxtapose USA and Nigeria in a sociopolitical scenario.

South-east or former eastern region will never see its growth potential as long as it is part of the jungle called Nigeria. Ordinary act of importation of cement was denied Ibeto by a member of victorious groups and the deal was exclusively handed to another member of victorious group from the civil war.

Before the civil war, activities around Abonima Wharf in Igwe Ocha through importation of commodities which included cars and edible products reduced Lagos as inconsequential distance city.
In today’s Nigeria, Igwe Ocha has been bureaucratically reduced to ghost town by the policies fermented by the goons from victorious side who sat in Lagos and Abuja.

The best approach for easterners, certain of parts of middle belt region and entire Igbo nation is get the hell out of the colonial contraption called Nigeria. In fact, if certain entities mentioned appear to drag their feet, republic of Igbo land is most desirable.

We all must join hands, inform our generation and younger ones that we are not Nigerians.

Listen to Radio Biara Online everyday at 7pm

www.radiobiafra.co (.co, not .com)

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by mensdept: 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
The most reverred leaders in the wasted history of Nigerian leadership are who? Bello, Zik, Awolowo, Okpara, Ojukwu, etc.

These men were regional leaders on paper, but in reality, leaders of NATIONS. Their era was the best in government performance that is unmatched, even today's local Nigerian Governors Forum touts that were on Youtube cant compare.

Once Gowon and his boys entered the scene, the whole country has been held hostage, and frankly, there is no end in the waste and decay of the country.

So, what have we not tried? We have tried one country and militarized FG and the likes, but we know the other option, regional autonomy/independence is the truth whether we like it or not, and will be better than what has been rotting for the last 50 years.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by whitecat007: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Biafra will never be taken seriously until you stop hanging on the tails of the minorities who do not want to be part of your new country for their oil.

Heavens know that most of Southwesterners want more than anything for you to have your country, but the attitude of dragging others kicking and screaming with you has not only made you guys a laughing stock but make it almost impossible.

DerideGull: Biafra was not Germany, Japan or Italy that enjoyed years of independent and was soundly defeated in war yet allowed to stand without interferences from the victors. It will be an act of insanity and exercise born out of foolishness to juxtapose USA and Nigeria in a sociopolitical scenario.

South-east or[b] former eastern region will never see its growth potential as long as it is part of the jungle called Nigeria.[/b] Ordinary act of importation of cement was denied Ibeto by a member of victorious groups and the deal was exclusively handed to another member of victorious group from the civil war.

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Desola(f): 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
yeboyes: Biafra is not pointless,please split Nigeria so Biafra can be independent and the rest of us can govern ourselves as well.

What, didnt you lot celebrate you independence on nov 5 of 2012?
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Blackteeth: I wonder if the pro-biafrans are asking themselves this question: What makes them fully confident that they would fair better and become prosperous if they leave Nigeria? The reasons they usually give for wanting out is because Igbos are killed and marginalized. Now I have to ask this: If biafra becomes actualized today does it mean that no Igbos will remain in the north and other danger zones where they are targeted? The answer is NO of course. Definitely Igbos will still be left in every corner you can think of and would still be killed by their so-called enemies.

Only poor, inconsequential and nairaland Igbos talk of resurrecting the ghost of Biafra. The real Igbos have since moved on and integrated into the system. In fact, these smart Igbos are enjoying the union more than other ethnic groups in view of their widely acclaimed success in the area of commerce. Biafra remains a very dark part of our history which we must never forget
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
They want Biafra at the same time want Ibo presidency,

They want Biafra at the same time want to move to kano, maiduguri lagos.

They want Biafra yet cant live in their villages

They want Biafra at the same time want the South south Oil

They want Biafra at the same time want to be Jews

They want Biafra at the same time want others to feed them

Delusional lots

4 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by DerideGull(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
dayokanu: They want Biafra at the same time want Ibo presidency,

Delusional lots

Ranting of a moronic dingbat!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by owobokiri(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
In less than 3years of existence, Biafra proved in concrete terms the ingenuity of a strong willed black society when unleashed under a REAL independent environment managed by the best brains. Technologically, Biafra achieved in 3 haughty years what most black countries haven't achieved in 3 decades. Biafrans long for Biafra not for what they dream she could be but for what they know they achieved in the past under a quasi independent setting. It will be a land where merit will be the yardstick for measuring success. Devoid of fulani retrogressive ideologies or Yoruba owanbeic maladministration. Biafrans are sure of the ultimate success of Biafra. Thats why you seldom see them worry. It is only those incapable of taking charge of their future that are scared of tomorrow. The positive arrogance that made the igbo man wipe out the negative effects of the civil war in less than a decade will force him to create a modern country that will be a pride for the black race.., fulani and yoruba inclusive. Dare them and let them go....

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
I don't think is your responsibility to worry about us, How will run our Biafra is our sole responsibility.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
gboss4sure: I don't think is your responsibility to worry about us, How will run our Biafra is our sole responsibility.

Then secede and go run your Biafra, Just dont add whats not your to it

And start by removing all Biafrans from other regions
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
DerideGull:

Ranting of a moronic dingbat!!

If you look carefully in your family you would see many of such morronic dingbats. No need to come on the web looking

1 Like

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Eziachi: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
percipi1:

Only poor, inconsequential and nairaland Igbos talk of resurrecting the ghost of Biafra. The real Igbos have since moved on and integrated into the system. In fact, these smart Igbos are enjoying the union more than other ethnic groups in view of their widely acclaimed success in the area of commerce. Biafra remains a very dark part of our history which we must never forget
Who is the real Igbos?
Worry about your own life and that of where you come from and let real and fake Igbos concern themselves with the issue of Biafra. Biafra is not your history, whether you chose to be in the dark or burning sunlight, which might choose to forget.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Eziachi: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Then secede and go run your Biafra, Just dont add whats not your to it

And start by removing all Biafrans from other regions
I solely believe that you must dream of Biafra every night and It must be a nightmare one. Because its unhealthy how the word Biafra attract you like as a rotten mango attract a nuisance fly.
The time you spent worrying about another man's headache, you better channel it on how to make Nigeria your ancestors fought and shed blood for, a better place or how you will manage the likes of Gani Adams as your feature leader in Oduduwa.
Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by Eziachi: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
dayokanu: They want Biafra at the same time want Ibo presidency
The same way you all wanted Odudwa republic until OBJ ascended the throne and all become one Nigeria again.

The same way you made Thamesmead in London British credit card fraud capital and Peckham the British number one stop for fake documents instead of staying put in your villages scratching you bottoms.

Only unproductive people stay put in their villages when there is a world to explore. If you doubt me, when you die and go wherever you think you will go, ask the ancient Romans, Assyrians, Babylonians or more recently British why they left their villages to go places to create empires? then come back and comment..

Your Geography teacher forgot to tell you that there are no such term as South South or West West. But if Oil is your issue, Biafra is awashed with oil being mined to feed you Nigerians, but we will never repeat the Nigeria mistake of oil obsession when we got brains in abundance.

This so meaningless and irrelevant, it deserves no comment.

Another meaningless

Delusional lots
As delusional as Scottish people in a well run country like Britain.
If the quest and desire to be independent, to be your own person and do your own thing without hindrance, instead of a basket case marriage of NIGERIA is delusional, please more dose of the delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Biafra Not Really Pointless? by mensdept: 12:12am On Jun 08, 2013
Is Oyo state better today than 30 years ago? Not really, even though they just built one very local market and people are clapping.

What about Delta and Bayelsa states? They had governors arrested by the British for money laundering, and one is still roasting in jail.

How about Ogun state, the state with worse schools than in Abia state of all places.

And the North? They have a handful of states under military occupation as we speak.

We know the states where the majority are Igbo are nothing ride home about, but during Biafra and even during the regional setup, those days were better and development was unmatched.

So what's the big deal about trying the very obvious?

Except of course, you and your people will be exposed as being the Ni.ggers that the White man already has ascribed, and you know if your people are left to be on their own, they cant do anything good and cant hide under the jungle "Nigeria".

(1) (Reply)

R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D: ‘how Oyedepo,onaiyekan, Others Tried To Saveyar’adua’ / Why Waste So Much Money On Exmilitants President Jonathan? / Why Five Northern Governors Are After Jonathan – Presidency - See More At: Http:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.