Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee (18682 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Geomac: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
BENIN CITY-THE prevailing political tension in the nation as a result of the factionalization of the Nigeria Governors Forum became messier Friday as the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), grounded the chartered helicopter which was meant to convey Governor Adams Oshiomhole to Anambra state for the burial ceremony of the wife of Senator Ben Obi,the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Mrs Collete Obi.
The drama started when the pilot, Captain James Manahash, who was already air-burn with the governor and his entourage was ordered to fly back to the Benin airport five minutes after taking off over what they described as failure to pay aerodrome and landing fee.

The pilot was threatened to fly back or the aircraft will be banned from flying. It was learnt that the governor who observed the argument between the pilot and the NAMA officials, prevailed on the pilot to come back and answer the call so as to sort out the issues raised.

But to the chagrin of the Governor and the pilot, they were delayed for over one hour thirty minutes even after the pilot paid the landing and aerodrome fees. After waiting for such hours a visibly angry Oshiomhole entered his vehicle and zoomed off. Saturday Vanguard later learnt that he headed to his village at Iyamho. He declined comment.

When newsmen met with the pilot, Captain Manahash, he expressed shocked over the incident, asserting that “I have been a pilot for 35 years out of which 7 years in Nigeria. So I was surprised when I was recalled back to the airport after we took off. The Governor prevailed on me to come back and answer them. When we got back I was told to pay landing and aerodrome fee which ordinarily we could pay later.

“Even after completion of the process of payment, we were still delayed for one hour fifteen minutes with the governor still seated in the aircraft. Ordinarily payment of such fees doesn’t take more then ten minutes. This is not the first time I have been flying the governor and we have never witnessed such a disappointment. It is really shocking” he stated.

More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/fg-grounds-oshiomholes-aircraft/
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Geomac: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Two months ago, it was Amaechi now Oshiomole. We are watching you guys.

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by doncaster(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Why did they not pay initially?

39 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Omen100(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
And now, this is getting out of hand and something has to be done about it. I hope none of the FG apologists will open the gutter they called mouth to tagged Oshiomhole a traitor. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nathaniel734: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
i dnt think the helicopter was grounded, frm what is written on this report, the pilot didnt pay the landing fee in the expected landing area, so he was asked to come back, so plz dnt misinform us plz

18 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Omen100(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
doncaster: Why did they not pay initially?

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry

26 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Geomac: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nathaniel734: i dnt think the helicopter was grounded, frm what is written on this report, the pilot didnt pay the landing fee in the expected landing area, so he was asked to come back, so plz dnt misinform us plz

There is more to the payment.

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
They don't want to pay tax, yet, they wants to be flying on the air. Thunder fire anybody that calls this political feud. Salaries are paid to governors at the end of every month. They better pay the air-tax or enter Taxi ASAP

12 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Geomac: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
chidindufrank: They don't want to pay tax, yet, they wants to be flying on the air. Thunder fire anybody that calls this political feud. Salaries are paid to governors at the end of every month. They better pay the air-tax or enter Taxi ASAP

Is it not a political feud?
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
I hope Jonathan is not trying to mess with Oshiomole.Kindly seek advice from Obj,Anenih and IG of police cuz this guy knows how to fight dirty.

18 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by dridowu: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
" Even after completion of the process of payment, we were still delayed for one hour fifteen minutes with the governor still seated in the aircraft. Ordinarily payment of such doesn't take more than ten minutes "

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nathaniel734: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
Geomac:

There is more to the payment.

noting like more there, stop building a mountain from a mole

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by kutchs: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
‘which ordinarily we could pay later‘
Why not pay before or immediately to save yourself the pain of embarrasment? It pains me that Nigerians know what to do but will wait to be forced to do it.
You people can shout political witchhunt as long as you like but the right thing must be done. You want to fly? Pay ur bills or u‘re grounded.

17 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by ujoinme: 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100: And now, this is getting out of hand and something has to be done about it. I hope none of the FG apologists will open the gutter they called mouth to tagged Oshiomhole a traitor. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Am not a pilot dont claim to know how these things work.but i do take buses and i know you have to pay you fare before u sit down in the bus. and the bus driver has to pay the motor park official (NURTW) for using the park before he drives off with his passengers.
The governor was not in the wrong here he probably paid for his chattered flight. but the pilot should have done his due by paying aerodome fees and satisfied all conditions well ahead of time of the flight to avoid the embarrasment.
Did he assume that because his passenger was the governor hence he didnt have to pay his bills? If nigeria must move forward then this big mannism trait must be curbed.
Country people everything in Nigeria is not about politics only politicians want you to believe that so they can further their agenda. This one is a case of common sense.

38 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
The message is unambiguous, "if you are in the opposition or you are an opposition stooge in the ruling party, the party is over!"

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by wellmax(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

Are you so blind that you can't read between the line were the pilot said that such payment can alsways be paid later & that he has being piloting for 37years & 7years in Nigeria airspace? what are even the problems with all you buttlickers? must president jonathan always have his way?
angry angry angry angry

You dey mind them? Some people just like to read what they like and ignore the truth.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Geomac:

Is it not a political feud?
is not a political feud. He should pay his tax,he is not permitted by law to be flying around free of charge. Just like me and you, Mr Governor is also under obligation to pay for the services he is enjoying NAMA.if he comes to your bar to drink mineral, won't you collect your money

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Johnnyhoo(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
dis guy(gej) shld take it cool,cool i said
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Why is Jonah fighting everybody through his proxies in the aviation industry?

Why must they recall an already airborne flight (with all the attendant risk) when the issue at stake can always wait and be resolved later.

Only a mischievous person will not read more into this than just civil aviation procedure.

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by tpia5: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Maybe they didnt want him to attend the burial.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by yomalex(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
Season 2 abi na episode 2 abeg make una go my blog go see beta tin www.alexoludiya.com
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

angry angry angry angry
rubbish,he wants to pay in 100 years time abi?? Because we ordinary citizens are allowed to owe NEPA bills for 37years with constant suply of electricity ??

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Continues to peel egusi ! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Shebi he dey show us teeth wen we dey plead for subsidy ...
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by bodefakorede(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
Abeggiii,make una kip quiet oo.its a blessing in disguise.God mite av used dat to avert an evil comin his way.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by takedat(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
kutchs: ‘which ordinarily we could pay later‘
Why not pay before or immediately to save yourself the pain of embarrasment? It pains me that Nigerians know what to do but will wait to be forced to do it.
You people can shout political witchhunt as long as you like but the right thing must be done. You want to fly? Pay ur bills or u‘re grounded.
Agreed that the right thing must be done but why was the pilot given clearance to fly initially before he was called back? Was it an after thought, an act of incompetence on the part of the agency? why were they unnecessarily delayed even after the governor prevailed on the pilot to return back and answer the call and sort out the issues raised which from what we read the pilot did? I hope this is not in anyway connected to Oshiomhole calling the PDP a party of Rogues!
Hope we are not back to the era of branding, persecution and witch-hunt of political opponents with this new PDP garrison-styled politics led by the president!

12 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by visalo: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2013

Some people will call you name now, but that is just the simple truth. we should learnt how to do things right to avoid emmbarrassment

1 Like

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by deleteme: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
Omen100:

angry angry angry angry

You should be the one thats blind and a buttlicker. Who is the pilot to decide and conclude that the payment can be made later? thats just our problem in this country, always wanting to cut corners. If it were to be US or UK, do u dare not pay before operating? Pls u guys should be objective for once. Ok, if its a PDP Governor or GEJ the same u will tag it corruption. No one is above the Law.....If the hericopter crashes (God forbid) , the same you will blame NAMA for corruption. Sccchhhh!!!

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by miqos02(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Gov obi. why why why
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by IYANGBALI: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Geomac: Two months ago, it was Amaechi now Oshiomole. We are watching you guys.
yes o we are washing them all
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by centii: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
There is more to this
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by Inik(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Why is vanguard politicising this story? this is nothing political it is just a matter of logistics and breakdown in communication which will be resolved.
Re: NAMA Grounds Oshiomhole’s Chartered Helicopter Over Aerodrome & Landing Fee by SlyIg(f): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
they can pay it any time cos it isn't a new thing to them. The question you shld be asking is, why do they start to halla now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Visits Ambode (Photos) / Adeniyi Ademola Withdraws From Dasuki’s Trial After DSS Raid / APC Offers Me Bribe To Fight Gov. Fayose – Ekiti RTEAN Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.