Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (11465 Views)

Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole / Grounding Of Amaechi’s Aircraft Illegal — Reps / The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:27am On Jun 08, 2013
NAMA, in its reaction Friday, said the  pilot of the helicopter, marked 5N-BPX AS335, operated by OAS, called from Government House in Benin City, the Edo State capital, to say he would be lifting from there to Awka, the Anambra State capital.

NAMA adduce the situation of alleged inability of the pilot to file a flight plan at the airport and submit passenger manifest, further alleging that his initial response was that he was flying the governor and they were going for an important meeting in Awka.

A statement by the agency equally said the pilot was advised to lift from the airport direct and do the documentation, since he had the governor, who is chief security of the state onboard, stressing that this would have taken only three minutes.

According to NAMA: “The flight plan can be a tool for search and rescue in case of any emergency. The pilot hesitated for a while and later consented to fly to the airport.

“At 10.18 am, the helicopter landed at the (Benin) airport and the pilot went straight to the Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) without manifest, as he claimed he didn’t know the names of those on board.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123958:nama-grounds-oshiomholes-aircraft-explains-action-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Abali1(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2013
Lame excuse, the damage has already been done. NAMA carry on, EFCC did it during OBJ's time.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2013
Nice work NAMA, nobody is above the law. The governor should not play politics with peoples money. He must follow the law or enter taxi where agberos controls things not NAMA where educated gentlemen and ladies that fears God abounds.

19 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by MaziOmenuko: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Where's the explanation?
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by MaziOmenuko: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2013
chidindufrank: Nice work NAMA, nobody is above the law. The governor should not play politics with peoples money. He must follow the law or enter taxi where agberos controls things not NAMA where educated men and ladies that fears God abounds.

Your post reeks of ignorance and illiteracy. I hate quoting this trash because its going to appear on my list anytime I view my posts!

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 08, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Your post reeks of ignorance and illiteracy. I hate quoting this trash because its going to appear on my list anytime I view my posts!
why not take the fast lane to the governor's house and polish his joystick? Born to lick!! Jesus Christ while on earth paid tax and also encouraged us to pay taxes. He felt too big to presnt manifest because other people presnting theirs are fools abi?. You are here running onu asaghi asa. Shortman with short brain

25 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Abali1: Lame excuse, the damage has already been done. NAMA carry on, EFCC did it during OBJ's time.

What makes it lame? After the Amaechi saga, NAMA clearly sounded a note of warning that any flight that doesn't submit its manifest won't be allowed to fly and anybody who clearly flouts the order should know the consequences. The passenger manifest need to be declared so we know when someone is flying a terrorist or wanted criminal or even in case of emergency, we can know who and who was on board for search and rescue as well as identification.

Well, the average Nigerian doesn't take health and safety issues serious.

23 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Peterwins(m): 9:01am On Jun 08, 2013
Politics or not, why do politicians and non-politicians like circumventing the laws/procedures and then complain of witch-hunting.

A few years ago, my friend was fined by the FRSC for not putting on his seat belt. Guess what? My friend had the effrontery to accuse the FRSC officials for being selective as he saw some other motorists without their seat belt.

If a PDP member get fined by LASMA for violating the Lagos state traffic rules, will he also accuse the ACN of witch-hunting. What if same happens to an ACN politician in a PDP governed State.

They all travel to developed countries and observe their laws or get fined appropriately. Then they come back to Nigeria and start acting as gangsters.

23 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Peterwins(m): 9:04am On Jun 08, 2013
“At 10.18 am, the helicopter landed at the (Benin) airport and the pilot went straight to the Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) without manifest, as he claimed he didn’t know the names of those on board.”

If the statement above is true then the Governor should simply keep quiet.

16 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by PvtParts1: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2013
The explanation given is valid!
No civilian and even military (operating within civilian areas outside of war) aircraft can fly any where without filing a flight plan.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by teniyi(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What makes it lame? After the Amaechi saga, NAMA clearly sounded a note of warning that any flight that doesn't submit its manifest won't be allowed to fly and anybody who clearly flouts the order should know the consequences. The passenger manifest need to be declared so we know when someone is flying a terrorist or wanted criminal or even in case of emergency, we can know who and who was on board for search and rescue as well as identification.

Well, the average Nigerian doesn't take health and safety issues serious.
Are you the PA to the Minister? You kept defending her blindly. It has been said that EFCC did it during Obasanjo (simply using govt agency to track down the perceived "enemy".
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by PvtParts1: 10:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Peterwins:

If the statement above is true then the Governor should simply keep quiet.

The heli was registered under a commercial operating licence.
The manifest is meant to ascertain the number and names of individuals on board in event of an accident so as to assist in search and rescue operations and also to pay compensation for both medical treatment or death insurance.

The helicopter was on lease and is not owned by the Edo State Govt or Oshiomole himself. Rather than secure another alternative the ediot is claiming government interference.
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Stalemate(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2013
hmm... dis our so called leaders are power drunk. how on earth could that deluded pilot refuse to declare the names of those on board. perhaps, he is on sucide mission.

3 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Peterwins(m): 10:17am On Jun 08, 2013
Let them (politicians) continue to violate aviation rules in Nigeria and when there is an air mishap, they will blame GEJ for their recklessness towards zero tolerance for air safety. I wish them all the best.

8 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by PvtParts1: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2013
The Tout at one time disrupted a FEC meeting where he accused the AGF of not doing enough in the prosecution on the murder of his P.A.
The AGF politely explained to him that his state AG and Public Prosecution office can and should investigate, file and try the case in court.
The mumu looked so stupid outside when confronted by the press.

8 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by otokx(m): 10:19am On Jun 08, 2013
This NAMA explanation is not making any sense, first they said he refused to pay tax, and after he did they are now saying he refused to declare manifest, maybe they will soon say he did not spell the names of the people on board correctly. NAMA needs a new leadership; they are getting far too politicized.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by PvtParts1: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Where's the explanation?

some where between tamboloo and grandafl land
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 08, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Where's the explanation?
I thought I was the only one that missed it.
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by brixton: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2013
what more do we want to hear? PDP dis PDP dat, if fly enta person room dem go say na PDP cos am.

ur cheap propaganda is not selling anymore

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by brixton: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2013
teniyi:
Are you the PA to the Minister? You kept defending her blindly. It has been said that EFCC did it during Obasanjo (simply using govt agency to track down the perceived "enemy".

shut up ur mouth, u shud go to Iyamho to lick Oshomohle's Joystick if you have anyting against NAMA and deir explanation

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Peterwins(m): 10:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

The heli was registered under a commercial operating licence.
The manifest is meant to ascertain the number and names of individuals on board in event of an accident so as to assist in search and rescue operations and also to pay compensation for both medical treatment or death insurance.

The helicopter was on lease and is not owned by the Edo State Govt or Oshiomole himself. Rather than secure another alternative the ediot is claiming government interference.

Their mentality is really worrisome. Same attitude they (most governors, senators, etc) have on the road. Chasing motorists off the road like gangsters.
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by HAH: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2013
The story has changed cos initially we heard it was due to non payment of fees which we all know that universally is post paid. Now they have changed the story to manifest, well the manifest declaration before flight is the standard practice.

For the fact that suddenly the story change from fees to manifest I cannot ignore the case of political witch hunting.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by brixton: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
The Tout at one time disrupted a FEC meeting where he accused the AGF of not doing enough in the prosecution on the murder of his P.A.
The AGF politely explained to him that his state AG and Public Prosecution office can and should investigate, file and try the case in court.
The mumu looked so stupid outside when confronted by the press.

Dat mumu governor has mortgage our future in Edo state oooo.... Seem most Edolites dont pay attention to the rate at which this governor and his croonies in state house of assembly apply/secure world bank loans without any serious projects to show for them.
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by enyice(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2013
Too many conflicting excuses and i honestly dont know whom to believe.

I initially heard the heli was recalled while already airbourne but nothing like that in this info.

IMHO, witch-hunting doesnt seem apt considering the fact that oshiomole hasnt really been a problem to FG.

I sincerely hope people starts taking manifest seriously irrespective of status!
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by PvtParts1: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2013
HAH: The story has changed cos initially we heard it was due to non payment of fees which we all know that universally is post paid. Now they have changed the story to manifest, well the manifest declaration before flight is the standard practice.

For the fact that suddenly the story change from fees to manifest I cannot ignore the case of political witch hunting.

some of these charter operators routinely declare no passengers to bycot paying any fees other than landing and navigational charges.

Not filing a flight plan is dangerous and reckless given the very low Radar coverage within our airspace (Only Kano, Ikeja, Port and Abuja have radar tracking installed within their airspace).
ATC in Benin won't have been able to know the destination, altitude and proposed route of the flight. How then will they have been able to guarantee safety of other outbound and incoming aircrafts into Benin airspace and that of the final destination?
And for God's sake why must the helicopter be stationed in the Edo State Govt house which would have been less than 10mins to the airport?
It is my opinion that the Piloting crew and the operating company need to be sanctioned.

4 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Peterwins(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2013
The ill fated DANA airline crash could have been avoided if the airline operators and regulators have simply observed all procedures. Perhaps if that plane had some VIP (Governors, Senators, etc) on board, GEJ would have been accused of silencing the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:36am On Jun 08, 2013
HAH: The story has changed cos initially we heard it was due to non payment of fees which we all know that universally is post paid. Now they have changed the story to manifest, well the manifest declaration before flight is the standard practice.

Can you post a link to where NAMA said it was due to non payment if tax?

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by deletrue: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2013
chidindufrank: Nice work NAMA, nobody is above the law. The governor should not play politics with peoples money. He must follow the law or enter taxi where agberos controls things not NAMA where educated gentlemen and ladies that fears God abounds.
But Osho's recent behaviour is likened to a taxi or tanker drivers who do not have any human or any formal training. I think it is not out of place to regard him as agbero or could it be that his party acn, is over working his thinking faculty? He was a nice man sometime ago.

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Manifest or no manifest, payment of fee or no payment of fee, the important is that we politize everythings when the opposition parties is involved

1 Like

Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2013
Manifest or no manifest, payment of fee or no payment of fee, the important is that we politize everythings when the opposition party is involved
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by fuke(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2013
[quote author=chidindufrank] why not take the fast lane to the governor's house and polish his joystick? Born to lick!! Jesus Christ while on earth paid tax and also encouraged us to pay taxes. He felt too big to presnt manifest because other people presnting theirs are fools abi?. You are here running onu asaghi asa. Shortman with short brain[/quote

Your retardee blocked the third mainland bridge for a whole day.

Now how did he feel?
Smallmanism?
Re: NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. by tellmoon(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2013
chidindufrank: why not take the fast lane to the governor's house and polish his joystick? Born to lick!! Jesus Christ while on earth paid tax and also encouraged us to pay taxes. He felt too big to presnt manifest because other people presnting theirs are fools abi?. You are here running onu asaghi asa. Shortman with short brain
pleeease, be civilised.moreso, when you get time, go back to school and learn the correct application of tenses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti: PDP Candidate, Kolapo Serves Fayemi Notice Of Appeal To Supreme Court / Boko-Haram Wiped Out My Family - Widow / Plot To Rewrite Senate Standing Rules Revealed - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.