Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,663 members, 7,837,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? (2308 Views)

Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics / The Nigeria We Dream Of Can Be Achieved, Says Jonathan. / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by GL(f): 2:47am On May 25, 2006
actually, i think the evironmental/cleaning issue is more of a lack of ideas than funds. The govt. should provide dustbins (of course, d ppl would pay) and charge fees for private companies to collect and dispose of properly. They could have cheaper plans for those in rural areas, and even involve secodary school children.
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by DaHitler(m): 4:14am On May 25, 2006
The cleaning issues that Lagos is experiencing also has a lot to do with with residents. Most people in Lagos are not from the State, as such, they couldn't careless what happens to it. Similar to how you won't throw trash on the floor at home, but you might in the class room. Especially when whoever is in charge is unable or unwilling to make sure people do the right thing. This goes back to the lack of resources in Lagos State that make it impossible to actually enforce sanitation laws.

No amount of ideas or vision can save Lagos from filth, unless there is enough resources to back enforcement of sanitation laws.
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2006
I am really suprised or would i say dissapointed by the points some peeps raise to slander My own Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Well, Aside sentiment, that guy is the only politician in Nigeria and if you wanna talk about the dirts in lagos, then i would say lagos is doing the best it can, it has "psp" to clean the environment and dont you think, the imvironmental problem in Lagos is lack of proper orientation. People behave like pigs attimes, you have all the bins around you but they would rather throw their SHITT on the road even when the bin is right behid them, Tinubu has Established KAI and Lamata to tke care of these and they are working real hard. Lagos is over crowded and i must commend Bola for maintaning Lagos despite all what the FG has done to see him fail but he still remains on top. I am %100 sure that BOLA tinubu would be a better presi than OBJ. If you can manage LAgos which comprises of all the Tribes in Nigeria then you can Manage Nigeria as a whole! Tinubu is Da Bomb, he is truly and Ashiwaju(A LEader)!

AD has merged with ACD and Come 2007, My Gov, The only politician in Nigeria would be the Vice Presi of our beloved Nigeria. Take it or leave it
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by GL(f): 3:24am On May 26, 2006
Ashiwaju,

I don't doubt that Tinubu is a good politician, but we need more than a politician. A politician's politicking skills are for his own benefit; they would get him to the desired position. To move the country forward, he must know what to do and how to go about it with the position.

Sometimes I wonder what the advisers to the governors are doing, at least if the governors have no ideas, they should. One major plus of the OBJ administration is the appointment of ppl like Soludo, El-Rufai, Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, Akunyili etc. They've brought improvements in their fields. If we had such ppl at the state levels, this country would be better off.
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by lewa(m): 4:08am On Jul 09, 2006
Pat Utomi, Ebitu Ukiwe, Donald Duke, Emeka Anyaoku ought to be able to make a difference.Its time for those whose business is leadership to step up.I believe if power should rotate its the turn of one of these guys.History beckons
PS for the myopic people here im a yoruba, foremost
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by stanech: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2006
Gov Donald Duke !!!

U guys should look at his profile for once.

He is not even interested in the position, this is the kind of person we should support and do everything possible to make sure he gets to aso rock. If he does there will be smiles on our faces.
Re: Who Should We Dream Of For 2007 Presidency? by Seun(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2006

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hurricane Sanusi On Rampage: Tony Elumelu And Jim Ovia Resigned Today? / A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways / Boko Haram: One Year After, Can It Happen Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.