Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Advice A Corper - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice A Corper (851 Views)

Please advice a nairalander / Advice A Nigeria Based Nurse Hoping To Practice In The United States / Career Dilemma Please Advice A Poor Boy In Need Of Professional Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice A Corper by natialo(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2008
PLS, I need ur advice, am an engineering graduate currently serving in a North central state, i just got an offer to serve with a bank there, but the problem is that i have an offer (nysc too but i dont need to redeploy) from a telecomms firm in lagos, the pay isnt significantly different so it isnt a matter of greed, its just that of career projection, so i'm stuck whether to abandon the bank job (and the concept of nysc) or to forgo the telecomms jobs (am scared of how redundant i might be compared to my peers who served in those companies after the service year).
lest i forget to add, the bank job is very time consuming and i hardly have time to read.
i know some people might have faced this before, so please i need ur advice

thanks for the response
Re: Advice A Corper by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 05, 2008
Really, honestly, no advice u get here will adeuately answer ur questions.
What matters is what u really want to do.
I hav friends who read engineering and ended up serving with banks during their service year.
you may hav limited options in the north, but weigh ur current options against ur career plan and make the best choice, dont $get to put God in the loop.
Finally, service year's a really enjoyable period(when spent in the right company).
Hook up with the N.C.C.F chapter in ur area and u'll never regret it.
Wishing u a fulfilling service year.
Cheers! smiley wink smiley wink cheesy
Re: Advice A Corper by donmayor(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2008
If you can runs your NYSC, do it and come back to the telecomms job or less you are willing to settle down in the north. It's actually your choice but if you are an individual who is sure of what he wants then I don't think you should have a problem deciding. Don't look at the short term, look at the long term.

(1) (Reply)

Sap Hr Module / Let The Architects Come Together / Internship In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.