Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Can Success Deny Me True Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Success Deny Me True Love (624 Views)

The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / I will deny my husband sex until he pays his debt — wife / Why Should A Wife Deny Her Husband Sex & What To Do If It Was You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Success Deny Me True Love by Yabotai: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
I am a non-commenting Nairalander, but I have to create a profile to get opinion on a matter disturbing me.
Recently, I met a nice guy at a forum and as the months went by we have gotten closer, although we live in different countries. Our friendship and relationship has blossomed through calls, and use of other social media platforms. In him, I have found a friend, and someone who seems so straightforward, It is hard to believe. Four months into the relationship, he proposed. Happily, I said yes,..But I was worried, it is too soon, do i know him well enough...bla bla bla.

The issue now is this, he is a young guy just starting his career in his very early 30s and he thought I was just a young MA student. Now, he is discovering that although I am young in my mid 20s, I work independently across the world with international organisations. Now he is getting jittery. The case is worsened by my sister’s opinion that he is not ‘in my class’, whatever that means. I am convinced this guy truly loves me, he spoils me silly and everyone around him knows this. My question is this; does one become too successful to find true love? How can I convince him that his earnings doesn’t matter, that I don’t care? He is worried he will lose me to one of these high profile people I work with, but I saw them before accepting to date him. Is his behaviour normal? How can I make him more confident of our love? He is very hardworking, loves God and very humble. I believe he would achieve great things, but after discovering what I do, he has become quite jittery..I love him, please help me.

Apologies for the long text and any error in the formatting.
Re: Can Success Deny Me True Love by Sanboy25: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
He proposed in a long-distance relationship... ?
Well some men are insecure when the woman earn more than them... they feel worthless and castrate...
You should not give up your work/activity because of that.
If he really love you, he should understand and accept the situation.
So a man that don't know what you're doing for a living and believes that you're a student purpose to you... undecided
I think you guys don't know each other well for thinking about marriage. undecided
Re: Can Success Deny Me True Love by Yabotai: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yes, he did
I am an MA student but because I love research a lot of opportunites have opened up for me. He is just realising the extent.
Re: Can Success Deny Me True Love by Sanboy25: 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yabotai: Yes, he did. I am an MA student but because I love research a lot of opportunites have opened up for me. He is just realising the extent.
Hum anyway I'll advice you to not give up your work before the marriage... undecided
Did he said that his proposition is still open or did he explicitly withdraw it ?
Re: Can Success Deny Me True Love by Yabotai: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
He did not withdraw it at all. He has become more loving and attentive. I guess he just need me to reassure him of my love. I am moving to his city in 3 months, so we will be together.
Re: Can Success Deny Me True Love by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yabotai:
He did not withdraw it at all. He has become more loving and attentive. I guess he just need me to reassure him of my love. I am moving to his city in 3 months, so we will be together.

That's your answer up there. He needs to be sure he's still THE MAN in the relationship.

(1) (Reply)

Not Picking Calls From Unknown Numbers / A Letter From An Aborted Child / Compplete D Song/poem N Prove Ur Nt From The Indomie Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.