Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198628 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by pragmatistm(m): 3:46am On Jul 08, 2017
My Nissan primera P11-144 is not starting for two days now.

The engine is SR20DE 2.0

The battery and kick starter are OK. We changed plugs and it keeps making starting/rolling noise but not starting.

The only thing is that few days before it finally stopped to start, when parked for long or overnight and started it, there was a tututu sound which went away as I raised it. And I observed about two weeks ago that the smoke coming from the exhaust was peppering the eyes but that had stopped.
Please help.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 7:00am On Jul 08, 2017
Saintp:

Hi Costee, when I switch of my car and remove the key, sometimes the ignition remain on and dashboard lights remain. Only the radio stops when it happens.
It has happened 4 times in the last 5 days and what I did was to put back the key, start the car and switch it off again and this time, it will go off normally.
Please I'm confused, what could be the problem? The car is 2005 sentra
not relay issue. Your key module is going bad or has gone bad. Let a good electrician disassemble it and see if repair can be done.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2017
pragmatistm:
My Nissan primera P11-144 is not starting. The battery and kick starter are OK. We changed plugs but it keeps making starting/rolling noise but not starting. Please help.
check to make sure fuel is getting to the injectors and they are surging. Check your fuel injector relay. Check your crankshaft sensor. Any codes?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by flinton(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2017
I'm not trying to compare cars, but to get user opinions on nissan altima model ranging from 2007 to 2010, I believe they are almost same just slight changes.

I want to buy my 1st ride, but I just don't fancy the toyotas nd Hondas cause virtually everyone rides them. Nissan car types are not as common as them.

I raised my idea of pick an Altima instead of the camrys nd corollas amongst my colleagues, I was told not to think about it. Most of them said nasty things about nissan in general, eg high fuel consumption, expensive car parts etc
Please are these true?

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2017
pragmatistm:
My Nissan primera P11-144 is not starting. The battery and kick starter are OK. We changed plugs but it keeps making starting/rolling noise but not starting. Please help.
You mean you woke up one morning and the car refused to start? Anyway, you may proceed first by checking the status of your security light. When the key is moved from ACC to ON is the light on or off?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by pragmatistm(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Costee:

You mean you woke up one morning and the car refused to start? Anyway, you may proceed first by checking the status of your security light. When the key is moved from ACC to ON is the light on or off?
Lights are on.

The engine is SR20DE 2.0

The battery and kick starter are OK. We changed plugs and it keeps making starting/rolling noise but not starting.

The only thing is that few days before it finally stopped to start, when parked for long or overnight and started it, there was a tututu sound which went away as I raised it. And I observed about two weeks ago that the smoke coming from the exhaust was peppering the eyes but that had stopped.

Those are my observations.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
pragmatistm:
Lights are on.
I'm referring to your red blinking security light.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cbngov01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Can anyone help me with price range of tokunbo Nissan pathfinder 2002 engine?Contacts will also be appreciated
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cbngov01(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
flinton:
I'm not trying to compare cars, but to get user opinions on nissan altima model ranging from 2007 to 2010, I believe they are almost same just slight changes.

I want to buy my 1st ride, but I just don't fancy the toyotas nd Hondas cause virtually everyone rides them. Nissan car types are not as common as them.

I raised my idea of pick an Altima instead of the camrys nd corollas amongst my colleagues, I was told not to think about it. Most of them said nasty things about nissan in general, eg high fuel consumption, expensive car parts etc
Please are these true?

One of my regrets is selling my Altima and buying another car!...Get an Altima 2002/2003....Ud be glad!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Yeecar(m): 1:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Osama10:

You can get it easily @ Mobil Station.

Please how about FX 45? Can i Use the same oil too? If yes, the previous owner of this vehicle has been Using Mobil XHP (20 W....). Can i continue using it? I will appreciate your quick response sir.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 4:15am On Jul 10, 2017
Yeecar:

Please how about FX 45? Can i Use the same oil too? If yes, the previous owner of this vehicle has been Using Mobil XHP (20 W....). Can i continue using it? I will appreciate your quick response sir.

Switch to the recommended 5W - 30.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2017
flinton:

Please are these true?
no think am. No even go near Altima 02-07
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2017
Yeecar:

how long has he been using that araldyte? Bro, if its been over 2 years. Abeg kuku continue using it like that. Or else you'd lose that engine sooner than you think.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by CarReg(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Need change of ownership

We @CarReg (a registered company) will deliver the following on change of ownership and NO POLICE or VIO will disturb you anywhere in Nigeria
****Allocation of new number plate
****New Vehicle Plate Number
****Proof of ownership certificate
****Court affidavit and Police report
****Treasury receipt
****Police CMR
****Vehicle license
****Road worthiness certificate
****3rd party Insurance

Kindly check here for more details about the change of ownership...
https://carreg.com.ng/product-info.php?pid175.html
or call 09090144706

We also do:
• New vehicle registration.
• Vehicle license renewal,
• 3rd party or comprehensive insurance
• Road worthiness renewal as well.

Value Propositions:
| Payment on delivery | Delivery within 6 hours (Renewal) | Door step delivery Nationwide | 24 hours delivery (New Registration)| 5 days delivery (Change of ownership)|

Thanks

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2017
kingreign:
no think am. No even go near Altima 02-07
Believe that, and you'll believe anything.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:
Believe that, and you'll believe anything.
why u want him to go weave basket with his money?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
kingreign:

why u want him to go weave basket with his money?
Why don't you provide him with a single, simple, and peculiar reason why that Altima model should be avoided?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

Why don't you provide him with a single, simple, and peculiar reason why that Altima model should be avoided?

let him read about the altima and maxima on car complaints.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
kingreign:

let him read about the altima and maxima on car complaints.
A much better advice, than your hitherto ex cathera proclamation.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by SmartchoicesNG: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Costee:

How much is a 3.5L pathy engine and transmission?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by experomedia: 4:34am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello friends, I just bought a Nissan/Infiniti M35 and I am hoping to convert it to left hand drive because its a right now..I don't know if I can convert it in Nigeria. And I don't know where to....need your help tnx.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by computerglobal(m): 4:56am On Jul 26, 2017
For Vin checks and Report History

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2017
experomedia:
Hello friends, I just bought a Nissan/Infiniti M35 and I am hoping to convert it to left hand drive because its a right now..I don't know if I can convert it in Nigeria. And I don't know where to....need your help tnx.

Location?

Hope you also bought the RHD parts too?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2017
experomedia:
Hello friends, I just bought a Nissan/Infiniti M35 and I am hoping to convert it to left hand drive because its a right now.
Titled Nissan Fuga.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drhappy(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dear Forumites,
I'm having overheating issue with my Nissan Xterra 2002 model. Problem started over a month ago when the temperature gauge went north on my way home from work. I quickly parked by the roadside and discovered there was no water in the radiator and I noticed a hissing sound whose source I tried to trace all to no avail. I eventually filled the radiator with water and went home only to discover the water had dried up again. Some few days later the car went off on my wife on her way home. She called and i told her to allow it cool down before adding water when was able to take her home.
When i later got home, I discovered the source of the hissing sound was a damaged water hose behind the engine. The holes were now larger and I could see coolant touching the engine giving that sound. I took the vehicle to the mechanic and the cut part was sliced off and the hose was reconnected and coolant added but the car still overheat on my way home. However, there no loss of coolant when I got home.
I took the vehicle to another mechanic and he said I should replace the gaskets which I did but the problem persists. Now he is saying I should replace the radiator with a triple cell type because the one in the truck is double cell variant.
I'm not sure there is going to be respite, so I told him I will think about it.
Please what could be the problem? The truck is very reliable and this is the second time it is giving me headaches since 2014 when I bought it. The initial ish was blocked catalysts which was not discovered on time and vehicle couldnt accelerate. The catalysts were eventually removed and it's been great especially during the rains till now. .
Thanks for your help.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ismail0007(m): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Good evening forumites. I have been a greet admirer of murano for a long time and I hope to add one to my garage before the month runs out. However, going by the little research I did, most people are complaining that it is not a good buy whereas I do see a good number of them on the road everyday. Pray advise. Should I shelve the idea?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Autopartz: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
ismail0007:
Good evening forumites. I have been a greet admirer of murano for a long time and I hope to add one to my garage before the month runs out. However, going by the little research I did, most people are complaining that it is not a good buy whereas I do see a good number of them on the road everyday. Pray advise. Should I shelve the idea?

Please shelve the idea.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
drhappy:
Dear Forumites,
I'm having overheating issue with my Nissan Xterra 2002 model. Problem started over a month ago when the temperature gauge went north on my way home from work. I quickly parked by the roadside and discovered there was no water in the radiator and I noticed a hissing sound whose source I tried to trace all to no avail. I eventually filled the radiator with water and went home only to discover the water had dried up again. Some few days later the car went off on my wife on her way home. She called and i told her to allow it cool down before adding water when was able to take her home.
When i later got home, I discovered the source of the hissing sound was a damaged water hose behind the engine. The holes were now larger and I could see coolant touching the engine giving that sound. I took the vehicle to the mechanic and the cut part was sliced off and the hose was reconnected and coolant added but the car still overheat on my way home. However, there no loss of coolant when I got home.
I took the vehicle to another mechanic and he said I should replace the gaskets which I did but the problem persists. Now he is saying I should replace the radiator with a triple cell type because the one in the truck is double cell variant.
I'm not sure there is going to be respite, so I told him I will think about it.
Please what could be the problem? The truck is very reliable and this is the second time it is giving me headaches since 2014 when I bought it. The initial ish was blocked catalysts which was not discovered on time and vehicle couldnt accelerate. The catalysts were eventually removed and it's been great especially during the rains till now. .
Thanks for your help.

Replace engine
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
ismail0007:

You wanna die of HBP?

No try am o.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drhappy(m): 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
kingreign:

Replace engine
Overheating problem solved some few hours ago with replacement of radiator with the triple cells variant.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Inception(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
how do you guys see the 2006 Infiniti M35?

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2017
drhappy:
Overheating problem solved some few hours ago with replacement of radiator with the triple cells variant.
your problem was not solved by replacing with the triple cell variant. Ur problem was solved during the process of that replacement. I'm very sure ur system was not well bled prior to replacement of the radiator. In the process of replacing, the technician did a proper bleeding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.