Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,213 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (199346 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Conductor261: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
chukel:
toast. He fried it.
Apologise!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
llade:

Am scared oh cos the one so called electrician has used omo and water to clean the brain box saying that is how it can be cleaned now when scanned the brain box does not communicate with the car again.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
smartistics:
How could you watch someone washing your car ECU with detergent and water. Well if no other dodgy work wasn't done on it, let ecu dry up properly using drier then install back to that car. That needs to be programmed due to transponder communication gap. That's totally absurd.
ECU they washed and probably tested it immediately to confirm work. It's toast.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by freeman500: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
aieromon:

Any update?
I checked for a blown fuse, the radio fuse was blown i changed it, but problem is still there. I noticed that the intelligent ley lock sign on the dashboard is showing once i open the door. It stays on for about 15 seconds b4 it goes off. If i start the car it stays on permanently. I want to change the remote battery tomorrow to see if it would help. Meanwhile the gear shift solenoid is working fine cos if i start the car with my legs on the brake, the gear moves out a bit from park but doesn't reach reverse. Unlike when car is off, the gear doesn't shift an inch.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
freeman500:

I noticed that the intelligent ley lock sign on the dashboard is showing once i open the door. It stays on for about 15 seconds b4 it goes off. If i start the car it stays on permanently. I want to change the remote battery tomorrow to see if it would help. Meanwhile the gear shift solenoid is working fine cos if i start the car with my legs on the brake, the gear moves out a bit from park but doesn't reach reverse. Unlike when car is off, the gear doesn't shift an inch.

The light is meant to blink and go off after some seconds. Permanent light signifies an issue with the steering lock or the intelligent key. You will need a high end scanner to get the error codes
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
aieromon:

The light is meant to blink and go off after some seconds. Permanent light signifies an issue with the steering lock or the intelligent key. You will need a high end scanner to get the error codes
signifies issue with the BCM or the NAT system. He needs to change his immobilizer and reprogram that key.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by samadex2007: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Valvoline Lubricants 5W30

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
samadex2007:
Valvoline Lubricants 5W30
price?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by samadex2007: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
kingreign:
price?
14,000(4Litres)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by gotoppy: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
Good day all.
Please I want to replace the engine of my 2006 Nissan pathfinder. How much should i be looking at?.
Thanks.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by shotuns: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
Any pointer on VK engines most common in the 8 banger patrol ,Amanda, Qx56, I know they are aluminium. Are they reliable? Thanks

Costee:

Generically VQ to the extent that they have similar short engines. Parts and configuration fittings make the difference with the full engine. So it's always advisable to buy the short engine if it's going to be used on another model. That is, if you intend to use the Murano/Pathfinder, etc engine on the FX35 then stop short at the short engine. Of course, the more seamless option is to give the FX35 an FX35 full engine.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 6:44am On Jul 03, 2020
freeman500:

I checked for a blown fuse, the radio fuse was blown i changed it, but problem is still there. I noticed that the intelligent ley lock sign on the dashboard is showing once i open the door. It stays on for about 15 seconds b4 it goes off. If i start the car it stays on permanently. I want to change the remote battery tomorrow to see if it would help. Meanwhile the gear shift solenoid is working fine cos if i start the car with my legs on the brake, the gear moves out a bit from park but doesn't reach reverse. Unlike when car is off, the gear doesn't shift an inch.
has your issue been sorted?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by mosbus: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2020
Foreign use Nissan rogue 2008 for sale.
Accident free.
Buy and drive nothing to fix.
Sound engine and air conditioning chilling.
Interior and exterior in perfect shape.
Need serious buyer.
WhatsApp:08026941215.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by freeman500: 8:58am On Jul 03, 2020
chukel:
has your issue been sorted?
I bought new battery for the remote, still same thing. I removed the battery head since Wednesday. Hoping it would reset. If it doesn't, next step is to scan the car, which is a challenge here in Enugu. I'll keep you updated
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2020
Shadowbanned, Costee.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
gotoppy:
Good day all.
Please I want to replace the engine of my 2006 Nissan pathfinder. How much should i be looking at?.
Thanks.
Engine type pls and location?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by gotoppy: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingreign:

Engine type pls and location?
V6.
Sangotedo lagos
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by freeman500: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2020
Good morning guys grin i come with good news. My problem has been solved.
It was a mechanical problem. The gear cable in the engine bay, was rubbing against a plastic casing, housing some wires, thereby hooking the gear shifter.
Thanks to
@chukel
@aieromon
@costee
@adubam im seriously considering ur advice
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 9:14am On Jul 04, 2020
freeman500:
Good morning guys grin i come with good news. My problem has been solved.
It was a mechanical problem. The gear cable in the engine bay, was rubbing against a plastic casing, housing some wires, thereby hooking the gear shifter.
Thanks to
@chukel
@aieromon
@costee
@adubam im seriously considering ur advice
grin grin grin
good to hear. Actually mistook your issues for ilade's issue
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2020
llade:
Good Day, I own a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder V8, see the pictures below. I travelled with it from Abuja on Saturday, 20th June 2020 to Benin enroute Auchi. When I got to Auchi, I bought fuel at the NNPC Mega Station, I must admit that after buying fuel, I wanted to start the car when I noticed the gear lever was on drive position. I moved it to park but when I turned the ignition, it refused to start. From that Saturday to Tuesday, 23rd June 2020 several mechanics from Benin came to check the car and their conclusion was for me to replace camshaft sensors and ECU. Scan results showed the following codes: P0447, P1564, P1615, P0340 and P0345. I have bought over 10 camshaft sensors and three ECUs(brain boxes) but the vehicle cranks but has still refused to start.
Please what do I do. Thanks.
any update?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by sureboykris(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2020
Good day everyone. I need help. I own this Nissan Infiniti qx45 2001. Used it for 8yrs now. Recently it started having problem firing smoothly . I also noticed some smoking and the oil was below level . Got to the mechanic ,did oil change ,filter change and plugs were replaced . Car went back to normal . This was 3months ago.
This morning I noticed white smoke . Though the weather was very cold, I feel the smoke was a bit more than normal . The car also has difficult starting after a long drive . it eventually starts though .
Please what could be problem. What's the cost of a new engine
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2020
sureboykris:
Good day everyone. I need help. I own this Nissan Infiniti qx45 2001. Used it for 8yrs now. Recently it started having problem firing smoothly . I also noticed some smoking and the oil was below level . Got to the mechanic ,did oil change ,filter change and plugs were replaced . Car went back to normal . This was 3months ago.
This morning I noticed white smoke . Though the weather was very cold, I feel the smoke was a bit more than normal . The car also has difficult starting after a long drive . it eventually starts though .
150-180k is the engine depending on location and grade of engine.

Remote diagnosis not possible. Physical inspection and diagnosis recommended
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2020
sureboykris:
you may not need a new engine. Thise engines are tough. I know your check light is on. Hard start can be caused by a number of things. In that car, it can be fuel spark or even immobilizer showing signs. As for the smoke. Ascertain it's not steam. If it's actually white smoke, it may be time to replace your PCV valve. What oil do you use and what's your OCI
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by sureboykris(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
chukel:
you may not need a new engine. Thise engines are tough. I know your check light is on. Hard start can be caused by a number of things. In that car, it can be fuel spark or even immobilizer showing signs. As for the smoke. Ascertain it's not steam. If it's actually white smoke, it may be time to replace your PCV valve. What oil do you use and what's your OCI

The car starts well when cool. I use Mobil XHP. Since day one . What is PCV valve . What is OCI ?
Thank u
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by sureboykris(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
kingreign:

150-180k is the engine depending on location and grade of engine.

Remote diagnosis not possible. Physical inspection and diagnosis recommended

I just need to have an idea before going to the mechanics. I'm in Anambra
How does one know grade of engine
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
sureboykris:

I just need to have an idea before going to the mechanics. I'm in Anambra
How does one know grade of engine
You had better left that engine sourcing to mechanics who knows what to look for in a Tokumbo engine before you go buy 'appearance engine'
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
sureboykris:

The car starts well when cool. I use Mobil XHP. Since day one . What is PCV valve . What is OCI ?
Thank u

Oya oga Chukel over to you, na you start, come finish what you start. Me no sabi shalaye again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.