Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Christianity/religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity/religion (747 Views)

Christianity Religion, You ARE In The Wrong Yard. / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. / Christianity : Religion Vs Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity/religion by mzdiverse(f): 8:18pm On May 04, 2008
would you agree if Christianity is been defined as a relationship with Christ and not a religion? but what is the real meaning of religion? what is Christianity if it's not a relationship with Christ and a religion?
Re: Christianity/religion by all4yeshua: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2008
Well Said, but I believe that RELIGIONS are man-made. My experience in searching for the true Creator God landed me in three religions - was I glad? O No! But I kept praying and had my heart set on knowing HIM and HE revealed himself to me through the BIBLE. The Book of Instructions for our lives.

When God created human beings HE did it for a RELATIONSHIP with HIM and not for a RELIGION. God is our ABBA (Father), so let's put it this way. We have a mother and an earthly father - do we have a religion with them - No, we have a RELATIONSHIP with them, relationship with our brothers and sisters, relationship with our relatives, relationship with our friends etc, So why must we have a RELIGION with God our Father instead of a RELATIONSHIP with HIM? , Something to ponder on.

I would also like to add that Christianity is a religion whereas the WORD of GOD, the BIBLE is a RELATIONSHIP with God. Many will disagree with me but Yeshua (Jesus) did not start a religion instead HE taught to have a relationship with God.

The Bible is free for everyone to study, it does not matter who you are and what your age is for God loves all human beings. So study the BIBLE and see how God draws you closer and closer to HIM for HE is a real living God and before you know it you will be having the most beautiful relationship with HIM that you've ever had in you life.

May you be blessed with the Love and Peace of God.

(1) (Reply)

The God Of The Old Testament / What Lucretius Wrought / You Dont Go To Heaven Because You Are Saved:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.