Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? (929 Views)

Top 10 Current And Best MTK Android Phones / 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones / BBM On Android And Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2013
We just created a beta version of a book reading app for Nigerians called okadabooks.com. It features lots of free books (over 120 to be precise) and great Nigerian books from publishers such as Farafina. I am trying to get feedback from those with Android phones on how the app performs and if the idea will even gel in Nigeria. And before I forget the app is free...At the end of the day we are basically trying to see if we can get Nigerians reading on their mobile phones the app can be downloaded at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.okadabooks

Any any feedback is appreciated. Especially the negative ones, we really want to improve the app.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by matrixme(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
I will give you a feedback! love this concept. please watch this space.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ciphoenix: 12:09am On Jun 09, 2013
Let me see how it goes. I read a lot on my phone though.
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by Mustay(m): 1:03am On Jun 09, 2013
Nice innovation

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by Caracta(f): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
The app is really nice. Brilliant concept. Of course i "bought" the free ones grin

Will the books be updated with "foreign" e-books?

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by matrixme(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nice concept. One should be able to change the colour of the fonts though, and more fonts should be included. Please how do I contact you?
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
matrixme: Nice concept. One should be able to change the colour of the fonts though, and more fonts should be included. Please how do I contact you?

gotcha...we would definitely look into doing that. We are trying to address critical issues before the non-critical ones, due to cost.
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
matrixme: Nice concept. One should be able to change the colour of the fonts though, and more fonts should be included. Please how do I contact you?
you can contact me at http://ofilispeaks.com/contact/
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Caracta: The app is really nice. Brilliant concept. Of course i "bought" the free ones grin

Will the books be updated with "foreign" e-books?

It already has some foreign books. But our focus is on African writers, especially the ones with unpublished manuscripts.
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
Mustay: Nice innovation
thanks
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ciphoenix: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
what genre are covered?
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by Caracta(f): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
ofilispeaks:

It already has some foreign books. But our focus is on African writers, especially the ones with unpublished manuscripts.

Ok...nice. Methinks you need to include my book grin

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by adexsimply(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
The app is cool, you can add some of these features;
>>each book should have a review(like two paragraphs), so readers can know a little about what they are purchasing
>>Readers' ratings should be enabled
>>bookmarking and note making(referencing) features should be added
>>enable comments(users' reviews) on the "download page".
>>....

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 10, 2013
ofilispeaks: We just created a beta version of a book reading app for Nigerians called okadabooks.com. It features lots of free books (over 120 to be precise) and great Nigerian books from publishers such as Farafina. I am trying to get feedback from those with Android phones on how the app performs and if the idea will even gel in Nigeria. And before I forget the app is free...At the end of the day we are basically trying to see if we can get Nigerians reading on their mobile phones the app can be downloaded at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.okadabooks

Any any feedback is appreciated. Especially the negative ones, we really want to improve the app.
I will check it out, have been reading from, Aldiko, coolreader, nd others

1 Like

Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2013
ciphoenix: what genre are covered?
all sort, Adventure, educational (past WAEC/JAMB questions and answers), Classics (Alice In Wonderland), African (Eghosa's Fine Boys) and loads of Free classics.
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ofilispeaks(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2013
Caracta:

Ok...nice. Methinks you need to include my book grin

No yawa...send your book or short story to us at http://okadabooks.com/publish/ can't wait to read it =D
Re: Will Nigerians Read Books On Android Phones? by ciphoenix: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
ofilispeaks: all sort, Adventure, educational (past WAEC/JAMB questions and answers), Classics (Alice In Wonderland), African (Eghosa's Fine Boys) and loads of Free classics.
Nice. Should encourage availability of Nigerian ebooks especially educational ones smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Bis (new) / Blackberry Z10 Review: The Best Blackberry Ever Is Yet To Be Born / Please Where Can I Download The Full/cracked Version Of Adobe Pdf For S60v5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.