Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Dr Ahmed Datti, Presedent Of Suprime Coucil Of Sharia In Nigeri - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Hypocrisy Of Dr Ahmed Datti, Presedent Of Suprime Coucil Of Sharia In Nigeri (868 Views)

Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. / Are All Muslims In Support Of Sharia Law / Evil Effect Of Sharia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Dr Ahmed Datti, Presedent Of Suprime Coucil Of Sharia In Nigeri by estilo45(f): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
THE HYPOCRISY OF DR AHMED DATTI, PRESIDENT OF THE SUPREME COUNCIL OF SHARIA IN NIGERIA

Let us start by briefly examining the almajiris, about whom one of my friends and colleagues has adequately written. You would have seen one, in every corner, if you have travelled to northern Nigeria. They are literally everywhere. These youngsters have little, if any, Western education. They spend the day roaming the streets begging for food and alms. Their mornings and evenings are usually spent reciting the Qur’an in mosques or Qur’anic schools. Often, they are taken hundreds of miles away from their parents and have very little contact with them. They are not taught or given any life-changing skills. They are tough and hardy. There is usually a big man or a teacher that they are answerable to - sort of. This big man or teacher is a kind of bread-winner, if you like, in the sense that he gives them alms (zaka) or provides porridge (kunu), beans cake (kosai) for breakfast or dinner from time to time. A lot of big men give alms as well. This assures rewards from Allah to the benefactors. The almajiri’s allegiance is usually to his teacher(s) and regular benefactors – the big men.

The big men have children too. They get to recite the Qur’an too. But, in addition, they get formal Western education. Some of them become doctors, lawyers, engineers and travel to western countries like the UK and the USA for higher degrees or to work. Upon returning to Nigeria, they often have juicy jobs in government or large corporations waiting for them or they join politics. They soon replace their parents and repeat the cycle.

The almajiris are an unfortunate group of people. Their parents, like them, are neither educated nor rich. They are complacent, unquestioning, and fatalistic and, whatever happens to them is the will of Allah. It’s nearly impossible for them to break free from the mould of subjugation and the big men are there to make sure the cycle continues unbroken – mainly by keeping them away from Western education.

A respected doctor, Dr Ahmed Datti, formed the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria around 1999 (approximate but unsure). More than a decade later, there is no statement of purpose or direction that is accessible to the public. The council has no website. This is shocking when you consider that Sharia is either partially or fully implemented in nearly all of Northern Nigeria and impacts the lives of nearly160million people in one way or another. Dr Datti’s children have all received first class Western education and some of them live in Western countries where they practice as doctors. I am acquainted with one of them. His grandchildren, as a result, are equally receiving good Western education. I have no doubt that their children’s children will continue to be similarly educated. Why then does he insist on spreading Sharia and denying the poor almajiris this basic human right? If he truly believes what he preaches, shouldn’t his children and grandchildren be begging for alms and food on the streets of Sokoto, Zamfara, Bauchi or Borno states? I think this behaviour is most hypocritical and should be condemned by all, not least, all true muslims in whose religion’s name this act is perpetrated. This man, and his ilks, uses religion for his selfish ends. When I find the motivation, I shall write about his partner in crime, former governor of Zamfara State and current senator, Ahmad Sanni Yerima.

This brings me to the point of this article. Our fragile national unity is threatened by Boko Haram – a group with an incoherent agenda, much like the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria, the brainchild of Dr Ahmed Datti. The founder of Boko Haram, the late Mohammed Yusuf, was a member of Dr Datti’s council. Is it then a coincidence that Boko Haram has gone berserk and the only person, who, some people believe can rein in this genocidal group, Dr Ahmed Datti, has not once condemned the group but continues to find excuses not to talk to them? I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Finally, the almajiris, who would benefit most from this type of article, will not have access to a computer. And even if they did, they are likely to not be able to read. And even if they could read, most worryingly I suspect, they are too brain washed and radicalised to notice the message. Sadly, this message would have come too late for many.

REFERENCES:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/datti-ahmed-only-man-who-can-stop-boko-haram

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1616-supreme-council-of-sharia-in-nigeria-president-pulls-out-of-amnesty-committee

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304250765.html?viewall=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Sharia_conflict

Renowned medical doctor and President of the Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria, Dr. Ibrahim Datti Ahmed is the only man who can stop Boko Haram hostilities, a Muslim organisation has revealed.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls / A Pilgrim's Perspective On 2015 Hajj Stampede- A Journey To Martyrdom (pictures) / Al-Qunduzi "Al-Hanafi" EXPOSED!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.