Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order (8789 Views)

MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area? / MASSOB Sit-At-Home Order In Anambra - Live Updates / Soldiers Flood Anambra Over Massob's Sit-at-home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
THE people of Enugu Saturday refused to comply with the directive by the pro-Biafra group, the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB to sit at home to mourn Igbos killed in northern states by Boko Haram.

There was apprehension among the people over the sit-at-home order but there was no compliance as the people went about their normal businesses.

The state police command had on Wednesday issued a statement warning those trying to cause confusion in the state to drop the idea or face the wrath of the law.

The command thereafter beefed up security in parts of the state to signal their readiness to tackle the miscreants who masquerade as MASSOB members.

Many residents who woke up Saturday morning expecting to see the enforcement of the order were disappointed as the capital city was calm with many traders doing their normal businesses.

The markets were opened to traders and buyers even though some youths were telling people that there would be no trading at Ogbete Main Market.

Officials of MASSOB were nowhere to be found as policemen were seen along major streets of the capital city.

Reports from Nsukka, however, said economic activities were partially paralyzed as some traders locked up their shop in the market for fear of being attacked

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/enugu-shuns-massob-sit-at-home-order
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
This is expected in every situation
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 12:01am On Jun 09, 2013
OAM4J, i'm watching you
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 12:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Garrithe1st: 12:39am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

Noted!!
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 12:39am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.
Afam, no let those biafran guys catch you o
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 12:43am On Jun 09, 2013
teemlo:
Afam, no let those biafran guys catch you o
That's the truth.

There's a reason why you rarely hear of MASSOB wahala in Enugu and that's because it's the sanest city in Igboland and it probably houses the most educated.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 12:49am On Jun 09, 2013
I think it's high time we abolish this indigene and ethnic things in Nigeria, it's anti-development. If I could become a Chicagoan or New yorker by just residing there for 30 days, I don't see why it's not applicable in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 12:52am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the truth.

There's a reason why you rarely hear of MASSOB wahala in Enugu and that's because it's the sanest city in Igboland and it probably houses the most educated.
Yeah I know, that's why I respected you and Okija juju on this forum
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 2:43am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu is always different. If there's one thing i've noticed, it is that MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders.

This is trash. Afam,you should know better than starting this kind of rubbish,cause you can't stand the heat when other Anambrarians descends here.

Just learn to reason well.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 2:46am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's the truth.

Another trash! Damn! You've got my blood hot. But for the sake of my love for igboland,i would hold my peace.

I would suggest you delete these your ill thought posts ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

This is trash. Afam,you should know better than starting this kind of rubbish,cause you can't stand the heat when other Anambrarians descends here.

Just learn to reason well.
What has this got to do with Anambrarians. When i mention Enugu, does it mean i'm implying that only WAWA people live and work there? The fact remains that Enugu is the sanest city in the SE and there are a lot of Ndi Anambra and other Igbos there. You guys should desist from planting discord when there is none. I'm referring to the town and not the indegenes. There's a huge difference.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 2:53am On Jun 09, 2013
Onlytruth once said that the easiest way to know that you as an Igboman,are on a wrong path,is when you start gathering praises from those who reside after Ore border. They are already praising you,cos they can see the seed of discord you have planted among igbos with that your ignorant posts.

Nwelu ire gi guo eze gi onu!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 2:58am On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

Onlytruth once said that the easiest way to know that you as an Igboman,are on a wrong path,is when you start gathering praises from those who reside after Ore border. They are already praising you,cos they can see the seed of discord you have planted among igbos with that your ignorant posts.

Nwoke, stop making an issue out of nothing. Very soon calling the name of a state and city will become a crime because we don't want to offend people. Anybody that's not intelligent enough to get the message that i'm trying ti pass across can fulfill their chauvinistic fantasies. I speak the truth at all times and don't care how people choose to interpret it. That's the major problem we're having in Igboland. I cannot criticize peter Obi because if i do, i would be attacking Anambra. So, at every turn i have to p[raise Peter Obi in order not to offend people. This kind of behavior has to be made away with.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by confusion247(m): 3:00am On Jun 09, 2013
You are confused.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 3:01am On Jun 09, 2013
confusion247:
You are confused.
What's your username again?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by confusion247(m): 3:02am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nwoke, stop making an issue out of nothing. Very soon calling the name of a state and city will become a crime because we don't want to offend people. Anybody that's not intelligent enough to get the message that i'm trying ti pass across can fulfill their chauvinistic fantasies. I speak the truth at all times and don't care how people choose to interpret it. That's the major problem we're having in Igboland. I cannot criticize peter Obi because if i do, i would be attacking Anambra. So, at every turn i have to p[raise Peter Obi in order not to offend people. This kind of behavior has to be made away with.
You are not passing any message rather you are exposing your confused state of mind.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by confusion247(m): 3:04am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
What's your username again?
wow, you've just confirmed that you are really confused. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 3:05am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
What has this got to do with Anambrarians. When i mention Enugu, does it mean i'm implying that only WAWA people live and work there? The fact remains that Enugu is the sanest city in the SE and there are a lot of Ndi Anambra and other Igbos there. You guys should desist from planting discord when there is none. I'm referring to the town and not the indegenes. There's a huge difference.

Let me help you .
This sit at home was fixed on saturday,obviously all the civil servants in Nigeria don't work on saturday.

Therefore,it is obvious that the success of the sit at home would depend on the traders.

What then is your basis for saying that the success of the sit at home in anambra was because anambra is full of 'pseudo illiterate' traders?

Are you by any means suggesting that those traders in Ogbete,kenyatta,gariki,atizan,newmarket,abakpa market,camp motor parts,etc, that refused to observe the sit at home,are more educated than their counterparts in anambra,who decided to observe the seat at home?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 09, 2013
Afam is spot on!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 3:08am On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

Let me help you .
This sit at home was fixed on saturday,obviously all the civil servants in Nigeria don't work on saturday.

Therefore,it is obvious that the success of the sit at home would depend on the traders.

What then is your basis for saying that the success of the sit at home in anambra was because anambra is full of 'pseudo illiterate' traders?

Are you by any means suggesting that those traders in Ogbete,kenyatta,gariki,atizan,newmarket,abakpa market,camp motor parts,etc, that refused to observe the sit at home,are more educated than their counterparts in anambra,who decided to observe the seat at home?
Chineke Nna...Can you quote me where i made the bolded assertion? You guys are incredible. You can twist anything to satisfy your fantasies.

I was speaking generally. Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba are the 3 major commercial centers in Igboland and that's why MASSOB is popular in these places because a lot of these MASSOB members are even traders. It will be different in Enugu and to a lesser extent in Awka and Owerri because these places are not known for their commercial activities. Rather they're the more liberal parts of Igboland. Why is that too difficult for anyone to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by teemlo: 3:13am On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

At the bolded, you are wrong, I have been following him and Okija Juju for a very long time and I can honestly say that he is very objective and sometimes when he is wrong he always apologize. in fact i look out for his response on anything that concern SE and SW
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by pazienza(m): 3:20am On Jun 09, 2013

"MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders"

This was the statement you made to explain the failure of MASSOB seat at home in Enugu.

Did you ever take a second to check the conclusion and meaning of that your statement?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Afam4eva(m): 3:23am On Jun 09, 2013
pazienza:

"MASSOB seems to be dominant anywhere you have a lot of pseudo-illiterate traders"

This was the statement you made to explain the failure of MASSOB seat at home in Enugu.

Did you ever take a second to check the conclusion and meaning of that your statement?
So, how did Anambra manage to find it's way into it?
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by eggheaders(m): 3:41am On Jun 09, 2013
for anybody that has been to the land of alaigbo. Afam enugu claims is just the plain truth, sometimes I wonder why anambrains cant just copy some of this peeps character and developmental strides.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jaymdee(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2013
teemlo: I think it's high time we abolish this indigene and ethnic things in Nigeria, it's anti-development. If I could become a Chicagoan or New yorker by just residing there for 30 days, I don't see why it's not applicable in Nigeria
I get your point, but we are bound by things stronger than residing in a place for a number of years; language and other ties. It's not that easy o
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Decryptor(m): 11:52am On Jun 09, 2013
eggheaders: for anybody that has been to the land of alaigbo. Afam enugu claims is just the plain truth, sometimes I wonder why anambrains cant just copy some of this peeps character and developmental strides.
Ok! So the people of Enugu are now your friends eh? What a big contrast to your tribal-hating posts against "alaigbo" as you call it! Bigot!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jamp: 11:52am On Jun 09, 2013

Afam u are d disgrace to igbo race.

If u like ban me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Okijajuju: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013

GBAM!!

Okwu gi ku oto ka amu.
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by yertyr(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by Okijajuju: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2013
jamp:

Afam u are d disgrace to igbo race.

If u like ban me

he is one of the few intellectuals we still have amongst us.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Shuns MASSOB Sit-at-home Order by jaymdee(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2013
The Enugu/Anambra wahala shouldn't come up at all. It's clear that Enugu holds more enlightened people in the East. This doesn't mean that you have less literate people in Anambra. And FYI, literacy and enlightenment can have some disparity. Enugu is to the East what Lagos is to the West. And Anambra is to the East what Ekiti(literary giants) is to the West. Simple. No fight here biko.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Digging Out The Tanoids: Season 1 / Nigerian Law Students Honour Ugwuanyi With Governor Of The Year Award / Almost 24 Hours And Not A Single Statement From The Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.