Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words (915 Views)

Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by Rlst84sale(m): 5:04am On May 05, 2008
Where did the words "for Better For Worse" come from anyway?. I have searched the scriptures everewhere I have never come accross those words in any way.  I think it is wrong to put such curse on people being married. If anything they should have come up with something like "When wealth comes we will stand together and enjoy it, when challenges come we will stand together and overcome it.

Why start someone's new life together with such curses?. that probably explains some of the reasons why so many marriages are being plagued by one problem afterthe other all overthe world. I won't let any priest say such thing on me if I stand up there to get married instead I would draft my own words and give it to the priest before that part of the ceremony.  What sayest thou then pple?
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by chika98: 5:45am On May 05, 2008
if you think it's a curse then write your own vows.
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by opokonwa(m): 2:51pm On May 05, 2008
chika98:

Exactly!
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 05, 2008
Marriage is the problem, not the words!
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by SeanT21(f): 9:28pm On May 05, 2008
yes, my mother also said something about that. that is not the only reason the marriage fail also.
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by coolier(f): 10:07pm On May 05, 2008
chika98:

One can actually do that you know. Its done all over the world. You write your own simple vows and the priest use it.
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by chika98: 11:44pm On May 05, 2008
coolier:

One can actually do that you know. Its done all over the world. You write your own simple vows and the priest use it.
Like duhhhh Aint that wat i just said?
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by titoria(f): 6:36pm On May 11, 2008
heard from someone that 'for better for worse' is no longer applicable,that it's now for 'better for stay,for worse fo go'.lol wt do u fink?
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by Beline(f): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2008
Rlst84sale:

Where did the words "for Better For Worse" come from anyway?. I have searched the scriptures everewhere I have never come accross those words in any way. I think it is wrong to put such curse on people being married. If anything they should have come up with something like "When wealth comes we will stand together and enjoy it, when challenges come we will stand together and overcome it.

Why start someone's new life together with such curses?. that probably explains some of the reasons why so many marriages are being plagued by one problem afterthe other all overthe world. I won't let any priest say such thing on me if I stand up there to get married instead I would draft my own words and give it to the priest before that part of the ceremony. What sayest thou then people?

what is the different between the highlighted words and "for better for worse?
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by nezerst(f): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2008
U r very funny poster for better does not mean a curse in anyway it simply means thru good and bad times and bad times here we mean challenges u face in marriages. Whether u want to accept it or not those challenges(bad times) will definitely come. U only ask 4 God's grace to be able to overcome them. u for throway the better now.
Coming from a bachelor i sure understand when u marry u go understand.
Re: For Better For Worse Are Wrong Words by jkpretty(f): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ok ok for better for Best cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Where'd You Meet Your Man? / Is This Story My Friend Told Me About Marriage True? (weird) / ‘nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.