Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

"Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! (25430 Views)

Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
they insert other there because of proverbs 8:22... till today you haven't told me who prudence is that wisdom dwells with... you have told me why she(wisdom) cry out? etc... if other is not in the Greek why will they insert it? in john 1:1 they rendered the WORD to be a god... when originally it is suppose to be GOD... lets assume God created Jesus then Jesus created him self... that is what you want? cause the original post made it clear but you are bringing firstfruit that is unrelated and trying to make rev 3:14 link... I want you to write a post comprehensive one here linking rev 3:14, Proverbs Colossians, John 1:1 and Genesis let me see.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

the said only begotten means created in all the context... I don explain tire. you keep getting same question no matter how many times you answer it... take a look at my original post and tell me if he has addressed anything

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino: they insert other there because of proverbs 8:22... till today you haven't told me who prudence is that wisdom dwells with... you have told me why she(wisdom) cry out? etc... if other is not in the Greek why will they insert it? in john 1:1 they rendered the WORD to be a god... when originally it is suppose to be GOD... lets assume God created Jesus then Jesus created him self... that is what you want? cause the original post made it clear but you are bringing firstfruit that is unrelated and trying to make rev 3:14 link... I want you to write a post comprehensive one here linking rev 3:14, Proverbs Colossians, John 1:1 and Genesis let me see.

And he is worried about who prudence is......lol.......ruminate on proverbs 8:22-30 and let's see if you're sincere or not......

Please didn't benimoore quote scriptures to show who that wisdom is??.......didn't he??........why didn't you dispute it??.....wisdom is crying out to trinitarians to stop equating Jesus with his GOD and Father.......

Why u dey do like this??........

I don't need to write a post the info's here are enough.......

And please quickly tell me why Jesus is the image of GOD just like you and me.......

You dodged my reply.....

Answer........

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

the said only begotten means created in all the context... I don explain tire. you keep getting same question no matter how many times you answer it... take a look at my original post and tell me if he has addressed anything

Lol........explain image of GOD make we rest....since begotten never do.......

I have addresed your post.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

And you also believe mary to be the mother of GOD......thank you.....cheesy......

Please kindly tell benalvino to do the same.....cheesy
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ice234: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
I never said mary is the mother of God pls.
Quote me if am wrong.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: I never said mary is the mother of God pls.
Quote me if am wrong.

Aren't you catholic anymore??....

Or abi these things you write u just copy am from somewhere come paste??........
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ice234: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
I am an Anglican and not a roman catholic.

There is difference btw catholic and roman catholic ok...
I believe in the holy catholic faith and not in Roman catholic faith.....
I am an anglican by choice
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: Am an Anglican and not a roman catholic.

I have told him catholic is different from roman catholic several times...

mary is not the mother of God except you are saying Jesus is a man in heaven before he created everything. Jesus is GOD.
Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: I am an Anglican and not a roman catholic.

Ok o........
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

I have told him catholic is different from roman catholic several times...

mary is not the mother of God except you are saying Jesus is a man in heaven before he created everything. Jesus is GOD.
Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).

Lol....but Jesus is GOD in flesh.......

Therefore mary is the mother of GOD....abi no be mary born GOD in flesh??.....

Why ona dey behave like this??....

Oya confess that Jesus is not GOD in flesh.....
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
And you are still quoting romans 9:5.....grin......

Jesus is eternally blessed God but does not know when the end would come...how wonderful for an eternally blessed GOD......grin....

Oboy if you still dey hold on to romans 9:5 then you're on a very long thing.....very long one...serious long one......

You can keep worshipping the high priest,servant,apostle,son, of God ...na you sabi.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ice234: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jn 1:1 in the beginning was God so that makes Mary not the mother of God.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol....but Jesus is GOD in flesh.......

Therefore mary is the mother of GOD....abi no be mary born GOD in flesh??.....

Why ona dey behave like this??....

Oya confess that Jesus is not GOD in flesh.....

you just don't agree to anything. assignment for you... bring one verse that Jesus called mary mother... its not even important.

you are saying Jesus is not God am asking you if he was a man in heaven before he created everything. na you they ask why who they do like this.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid: And you are still quoting romans 9:5.....grin......

Jesus is eternally blessed God but does not know when the end would come...how wonderful for an eternally blessed GOD......grin....

Oboy if you still dey hold on to romans 9:5 then you're on a very long thing.....very long one...serious long one......

You can keep worshipping the high priest,servant,apostle,son, of God ...na you sabi.......

Jesus is not God so what is he?
man?
angel?
a god?

which one?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

you just don't agree to anything. assignment for you... bring one verse that Jesus called mary mother... its not even important.

you are saying Jesus is not God am asking you if he was a man in heaven before he created everything. na you they ask why who they do like this.

Ahhhh....you wan give me assignement........

Na ona dey run around say Jesus wey come earth na God in flesh....what does that make mary....make I remind you why the trinity dey even exist.......

Mary is now the mediator between Christ(which is your God by the way) and men.......

You think mary is been prayed to for fancy.......

And I have answered you that Jesus was Gods firstborn spirit son before he descended to the earth.....

Firstborn,firstfruit,beginning of,image of,begotten.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Itsfacts: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
@ijawkid you are fueling my fear for JWs. you folks are so afraid of the truth or being tested grin
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus is not God so what is he?
man?
angel?
a god?

which one?

He is Gods son.......Spirit son.....

Abi Jesus no be son of God again??......smh!!!!......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
Itsfacts: @ijawkid you are fueling my fear for JWs. you folks are so afraid of the truth or being tested grin

Oboy you have nothing to add to this thread.......please help benalvino explain why Jesus is the image of God just like us......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

He is Gods son.......Spirit son.....

Abi Jesus no be son of God again??......smh!!!!......

if he is Gods son what is he? we know
man
angel
or a god... we are all sons of God
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy you have nothing to add to this thread.......please help benalvino explain why Jesus is the image of God just like us......

there is nothing there to explain you just finding argument. the original post I didn't cant be debunked till you point out the flaws in it no worry.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ice234: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
I give up...

I will say... Hold on to what you believe in.. If you think Jesus is a man--Good for you
If you think Mary is God's mother, good for you.
If you believe in the Holy Trinity, good for you.
The keyword to christainity is live right and follow the footsteps of Jesus, do unto other what you would want them to do unto you. Put your hope on God and not on man. Believe that Jesus died for our sin and He is the only true saviour and the only means to God the father.
I pray we all make Heaven last last irrespective on our view on Christ and Mary.

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Itsfacts: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

your bible said jesus is a god so pick number 3
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
ice234: I give up...

I will say... Hold on to what you believe in.. If you think Jesus is a man--Good for you
If you think Mary is God's mother, good for you.
If you believe in the Holy Trinity, good for you.
The keyword to christainity is live right and follow the footsteps of Jesus, do unto other what you would want them to do unto you. Put your hope on God and not on man. Believe that Jesus died for our sin and He is the only true saviour and the only means to God the father.
I pray we all make Heaven last last irrespective on our view on Christ and Mary.

lol thanks for trying to explain to him anyway
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

if he is Gods son what is he? we know
man
angel
or a god... we are all sons of God

he is the firstborn son of GOD......spirit son to be specific......

Son of GOD oooooooo...........
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Itsfacts:

your bible said jesus is a god so pick number 3

And then you go belleful??.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

there is nothing there to explain you just finding argument. the original post I didn't cant be debunked till you point out the flaws in it no worry.

Lol.......you were debunked a longtime ago on that other thread.......

And like I pointed out your definition of Jesus been the image of God is completely flawed........

I want to hear you speak the truth.......

Define it again
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

he is the firstborn son of GOD......spirit son to be specific......

Son of GOD oooooooo...........

abeg that's not the question...
man
angel
a god

pick one
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

abeg that's not the question...
man
angel
a god

pick one

U don answer my question??.....

John 17:3 should answer your question......

If Jesus being the spirit son of God(firstborn) isn't enough then close this thread.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

U don answer my question??.....

John 17:3 should answer your question......

If Jesus being the spirit son of God(firstborn) isn't enough then close this thread.......

lmao we said he is GOD you say no.
we say he became a man you still no Gree...

like itsfacts said your bible say he is a god you still no gree.
with the verse Jesus is not God right?
then make a choice
man
angel
a god
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
ijawkid:

The last time I checked na for your thread I been get your time.......

I don't need to do any research for a stubborn person like you.......
grin You did not address this issue at all..it is either you are being silly or playing dumb..don't forget other viewers would love to hear your views on this issue thanks.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bidam: grin You did not address this issue at all..it is either you are being silly or playing dumb..don't forget other viewers would love to hear your views on this issue thanks.

I don ask am to post o. him no gree grin they bring firstfruit join.
from what I know their believes are jesus is a god and he is a angel too... but him no wan make him decision just to choose one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Checkout My Christmas Gift / Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years / Is The World Really About To Come To An End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.