Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency (10458 Views)

Dino Melaye: Amaechi Will Be Screened Tomorrow / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by bishopclin(m): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2013
Count me out of 2015 Presidency – Amaechi

Embattled Rivers State Governor Rotimi
Amaechi has said that contrary to speculations, he has no interest in the presidency in 2015. He said that it was a plan by his detractors to paint him black before his colleagues prior to the Nigeria Governors’ Forum election that made some people print his posters and pasted them in some parts of the country. Amaechi said those behind the posters thought that his colleagues would be angry before the NGF election and think that he wanted to use the office for selfish reasons. Posters bearing the names of Amaechi and the
Governor of Jigawa State, Mr. Sule Lamido have been seen in some states, starting with Kaduna and then, in the capital, Abuja.
The posters presented the two governors as
having presidential ambitions in 2015 and that they would contest under the platform of the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party.
But Amaechi, who won the controversial NGF election with 19 votes against 16 that was recorded by his opponent, Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State, said those responsible for the pisters would soon stop.
He said, “Those responsible for the posters are doing it out of mischief. I did not send anyone to print my posters and up till now, I don’t know who is responsible for the action. "But one thing is clear: they were done to tarnish my image before other governors. "Their intention was that because of the posters, my fellow governors would not vote for me during the NGF election, thinking that I have an ambition which I want to use the chairmanship to achieve.
“But because the governors know there is no such ambition, they did not bother as they still voted for me.”
Asked whether having such an ambition was a wrong thing, he said there was nothing wrong with it, but asked why some people spent money for what he described as “a venture meant to destroy other people.”
“But you may need to know that I don’t have
such an ambition in the first place,” he added. Meanwhile, some members of the Rivers State House of Assembly have said they are waiting for money allegedly being sourced by some people to impeach the governor. The members, who spoke on condition of anonymity with reporters in Abuja on Friday, said they had heard about the plan to bribe them to impeach Amaechi.
They said the money, if brought, would be
displayed on the floor of the assembly.
“Let them bring the money. We are waiting for it. We will collect it and display it on the floor of the House,” one of them said.
2015 Presidency Amaechi Featured

Source: www.theheraldng.com/count-me-out-of-2015-presidency-amaechi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Firefire(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
Why crying over a split milk.
Go ahead and wait for Nigeria to vote you in as LIFE PRESIDENT.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2013
good for him
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by autumnflower(f): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2013
GEJ I presume is smiling somewhere reading this.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by shaqoloye(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2013
Time will tell
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by coretechng(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
autumn.flower:
GEJ I presume is smiling somewhere reading this.
Hehe.E no easy.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
hahaha, Amaechi i tot u r a strong man, y chicken out now, it is obvious that the battle ground z too hot for u or that u ve regained ur lost senses, either way its good for ur political future otherwise GEJ wud av thrown u into political oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Rexphobia(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Is the kitchen getting too hot already?
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by brixton: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
Is dis part of d settlement plan wit GEJ?
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by obiseq: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
It is ur choice, u can decide wateva u want. I rest case i.e CASE CLOSED - C.C
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2013
I wonder why people still rode on those lies all along. Amaechi never planned to contest as President. I've written it times without number here on Nairaland that he is going for Rivers East senate. The major underground reason for his troubles is because there are plans to impose Sekibo in 2015 as Governor of Rivers State against the agreement of an Ogoni.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
If na GEJ deny the posters haters would have fulled this thread abusing their mama and papa

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by ichidodo: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
All na wash.The man and his dog on the street knows Amaechi is so very much interested in furthering his political ambition at the expense of his contriman GeJ but the old boy(traitor) is too sturbborn to see that the North and opposition are merely using him to destabilize the presidency.Amaechi,do you think we was born yesterday?
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by RickyRoss1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2013
LAIR, the pot is too hot for him to handle now so he is readdressing his footsteps.

Why didn't he deny the reports long time ago? Even when his posters were flooding the streets he didn't deny.

I thought they said he is too powerful and GEJ is clueless?? Now it is appearing GEJ is not clueless or timid, he is just not a noise maker. ACTION speaks louder than the voice.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Worefa, he can decide to start again by contesting for the councillor of his ward.
PDP has not been fair to Nigeria. It ll even be tough for GEJ in 2015.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by AskProf: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
"I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open."
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Agbalanze(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Amaechi is really in a hot soup!
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by moodswing(m): 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Somebody don't want to die
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by gbadexy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
I never heard about him contesting for presidency, what I do read is he vying for vice president post in collaboration.
Could someone clarify for ♍ƺ if by presidency, it covers both president and vice president elective post.
I gather that no body contests for vice presidency, the president or party merely pick a vice they can work with and if that means amaechi would reject the offer for vice if chosen in the 2015 election against jonathan.
Just curious.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by FindOut(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
He said he's not contesting for Presidency. He didn't say anything about VICE- Presidency wink

Amaechi as VP will do better for the common man in the south south than GEJ has done & will do as President. It's no rocket science, Amaechi has his shortcomings, but me thinks & believes he's more intelligent than GEJ & a better administrator by far.

South south, if you want the presidency in 2015, no problem. But please give us good materials. The one at the top no be correct market abeg.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Abagworo(m): 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
Find Out!:
He said he's not contesting for Presidency. He didn't say anything about VICE- Presidency wink

Amaechi as VP will do better for the common man in the south south than GEJ has done & will do as President. It's no rocket science, Amaechi has his shortcomings, but me thinks & believes he's more intelligent than GEJ & a better administrator by far.

South south, if you want the presidency in 2015, no problem. But please give us good materials. The one at the top no be correct market abeg.

Amaechi is not vying for both President and VP. People might be lobbying him but as a direct friend I tell you wholeheartedly that his interest is in Rivers East senate come 2015.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbadexy: I never heard about him contesting for presidency, what I do read is he vying for vice president post in collaboration.
Could someone clarify for ♍ƺ if by presidency, it covers both president and vice president elective post.
I gather that no body contests for vice presidency, the president or party merely pick a vice they can work with and if that means amaechi would reject the offer for vice if chosen in the 2015 election against jonathan.
Just curious.
It is a joint ticket. They are both voted for at the poll on a party platform.
The president cannot fire his vice as he will do to a serving minister in his cabinet, the vice president has to be impeached as well as the president by a constituted assembly or representatives.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Amaechi is not vying for both President and VP. People might be lobbying him but as a direct friend I tell you wholeheartedly that his interest is in Rivers East senate come 2015.
Amaechi utterances and antagonistic tendencies concerning Jonathan political and economic policies points towards a higher political directions. He has recently been hob nobing with the northern political elites advertising his political sagacity to play a second fiddle.

If amaechi want to vie for the senate, he can always negotiate his ambition with the power that be but I tell you, the macabre dance amaechi is dancing is of a powerful masquerade dictating the tune.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by shizzle11(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ameachi can keep lying to himself. Now that its obvious he'll lose out on all quarters, he's trying to redeem himself a bit. Why did he not deny the posters all the while, his beef with GEJ heightened when his posters were being posted weeks or even months before the NGF and he never refuted any of the claim of his ambition as VP, now the heat is on him and he's seeking to attract sympathy. I said it before and I repeat, Ameachi is a poor student of Nigerian political history
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by shizzle11(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
LastApostle:
Amaechi utterances and antagonistic tendencies concerning Jonathan political and economic policies points towards a higher political directions. He has recently been hob nobing with the northern political elites advertising his political sagacity to play a second fiddle.

If amaechi want to vie for the senate, he can always negotiate his ambition with the power that be but I tell you, the macabre dance amaechi is dancing is of a powerful masquerade dictating the tune.

God bless you! Its either some people don't know or are simply refusing to accept the truth. Ameachi is power drunk and has an eye for the Vp position, and some political elements from the north are trying to use him as a stooge and compromise against Jonathan. Sadly, he doesn't know he can't swim against the tide in Nigerian politics
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by francis247(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ok!
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by KokoBeware: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Abagworo: I wonder why people still rode on those lies all along. Amaechi never planned to contest as President. I've written it times without number here on Nairaland that he is going for Rivers East senate. The major underground reason for his troubles is because there are plans to impose Sekibo in 2015 as Governor of Rivers State against the agreement of an Ogoni.

I think you are right bruvs.. Heard this somewhere also
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by DeCleff(m): 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
domcarez: hahaha, Amaechi i tot u r a strong man, y chicken out now, it is obvious that the battle ground z too hot for u or that u ve regained ur lost senses, either way its good for ur political future otherwise GEJ wud av thrown u into political oblivion.
What do u mean by saying u thought Ameachi was a strong man?

I have said it earlier that Ameachi has no ambition going for the presidency in 2015 because if the rumour was real, why are posters not in Rivers State or in Niger Delta?

Common sense is that before u can have the supports of others u must first secure the support of ur own people. Charity they said begins at home.

Let me make it clear that enemies of Ameachi who knew they can't fight him on their own are behind the printing of those posters so they can use the president who has become so blind to know the main aim of such posters due to his desperate quest to contest a second term to fight Ameachi.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by BENZINA(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
AMAECHI Amaechi Amaechi!!!!! How many times do i call you? You have choosen the part of the "DOG" that does not listen to the whistle of its master.
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by tpapi: 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
Why is he confessing now,ow come it took u so long to deny dos posters,u wan poke ur hand inside presido eye,u no dey fear abi
Re: Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency by Abagworo(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nyesom Wike is also vying for Rivers East senatorial seat and that informs his reason for being active in this whole saga. If Amaechi is in control of Rivers PDP then we'll have Abbey and Amaechi as the most likely PDP aspirants come 2015 while with the present illegal PDP exco they plan to produce Sekibo and Wike. I however believe that any party that fields Amaechi is likely to win both the Governorship and the Senatorial seat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sorry State Of Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road / FCTA Seals Ministry Of Works, Merit House, FCC, Others / Douye Diri (PDP) And Timi Sylva (APC) Sign Peace Accord (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.