Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa (29409 Views)

University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Coma / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by slinkky(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Five Limpopo police officers beat a Nigerian man to death, the Polokwane Magistrate’s Court heard on Thursday.

“I put it to you that you beat him, he fainted and you resuscitated him. He woke up and… you beat him again,” prosecutor Jacky Mabasa told the officers during cross-examination. “You also sprinkled water on him.”

The five, Boitumelo Ramahlala, Mashiba Mathata, Collins Sekoati, Thabo Mabotja and Clement Tsotsane, face murder and assault charges. They were applying for bail.

They are accused of beating Onyechiabi Iwuaka to death on May 21 while he was visiting a friend. His friend escaped the assault. Iwuaka died on the way to the Polokwane police station.

The court was told the officers stopped on the way to the police station to buy water, as Iwuaka was bleeding from his ears.

Mabasa said an ambulance was called for Iwuaka after he died.

“The reason you cannot tell me specifically what you did that day is because you assaulted him. That’s why you cannot tell what you did,” Mabasa said.

The court was told Iwuaka was merely in his friend’s home, and was the wrong person to be arrested.

The five evaded questions, and said they never accused or hurt anyone. This prompted magistrate Janine Ungerer to question if they shared the same holding cell. She suspected they had coached each other on how to respond to questions.

The bail application was postponed to Monday.
http://www.tvcnews.tv/?q=article/five-south-african-police-beat-nigerian-death

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Sanboy25: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Shame on these policemen....
How can they do that to a fellow Black brother... undecided
Lord have mercy upon us. cry
Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Omen100(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2013
Interesting, everyday they keep killing & maltreating my People like animals because we are engaged in mountainous domestic internal crisis. Hearing about my people "Nigerians" being killed pained my heart so much that, I wished & prayed daily that, Nigeria should come out strong from any present internal challenge we are been faced with, then those other Africa countries, who think, thought or has being messing around with my country "NIGERIA" will have themselves to blame especially south-africa & Ghana.

28 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by snoopy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Well am sure by now this shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

Or wasn't it on live TV we saw these savages shoot dead protesting miners the other day?

My take on this is, they probably saw him as the cash cow they see other Nigerians as there and when the poor fellow refused to cooperate, got the assault meted out to him. shame...hope justice is served accordingly

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by SimonSniper(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Be like say d 9ja man no strong [color=#770077][/color]
Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hmmmm another one
Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by everyday: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
I do not know what Nigerians are still doing in that country.All the time the only thing i hear is of Nigerians being killed,makes me sick

14 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by victorazy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
No matter what they do, we still remain Giant of Africa

12 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
SimonSniper: Be like say d 9ja man no strong [color=#770077][/color]

5 against 1, how strong do you want him to be?

12 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by cold(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Oh no not again!
Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
south africa , south africa, south africa, south africa!!! Mehn i fvcking hate that country...

26 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by searay(m): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
... Still in church. So space reserved

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by olivegirl(f): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2013
Oh my God, his Real name is onyebuchi iweako from my husbands kindred in obosi Anambra state. They don't respect nigeria in sa. God save my people, open their eyes to see the wealth in our kingdom(nija) . I heard it, very painful because the guy in question didn't have a wife in life.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by pappythinko(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
When a man is felled by a big problem, you see the little ones flexing muscle... I hope justice wl prevail, with the culprits bn brought to book.... *RIP* to the poor guy.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by 50calibre(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
I've always said this, South Africans are as violent as one can possibly be, the gun crimes and other forms of violence there is off the hook.

South Africans are incredibly aggressive towards Nigerians, still people won't listen

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
These shack-dwelling South Africans are beginning to gather liver abi? People who can't even look a white man in his face are beginning to use Nigerians to flex muscles abi? Ok.

Bunch of Khoisan cowards. 5 men to 1 man. The iidiots can't even fight the Boers that have been impoverishing them for centuries now angry

13 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
South Africans are barbaric animals ... From zuma to a new born baby

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Smartlife(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sometimes i wonder why we tend to suffer like this. Because we lack employment in naija!. Southafrica wey work no even de self.

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by WHIZBRO(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
Rhodesia dey do their own..... South Africa dey do their own o... Them leave sorrow, tears and blood... Fela said it all

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by chadef: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
south Africans are the most raciest country i have ever heard of, thinking they could kill lucky dube thinking he was a Nigerian. i just blame the looters in our country who loot more than can ever spend in their life time.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by fankasibe: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
This is d only reason why i watch kun fu movies.....i for don use dragon style for them.....R.I.P My brother frm another mother.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by melchi(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Why is it that always its a Nigerian dat gets naild to d cross Metaphorically speaking! Gets beaten, Gets killed, all d bad tinz!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by imperiouxx(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
The hatred towards Nigerians by other Africans is getting to climax. They see Nigerians as their potential competitors. They are all sick in the brain angry angry

I wish Nigerian judiciary can start "eye for eye" treatment for law non-abiding foreigners. Like those Lebanese with armories in Nigeria suppose to be sentenced to death without appeal.

Smuggling or thieving petroleum/crude oil......... Electric chair
Involvement/aid in stealing Nigerian public fund......... Hanging
Aiding/funding terrorism......... Injection of chemical
Man-slaughtering......... Hanging

11 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Chinwem(f): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
Nothing will make me set foot in that country........not even to transit through

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
melchi: Why is it that always its a Nigerian dat gets naild to d cross Metaphorically speaking! Gets beaten, Gets killed, all d bad tinz!!!

It seems that way because we almost always post Nigerian related news

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
WELL DAYUMMM
Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
South Africans still mentally enslaved to the white man!

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Ayoobscom(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
Just like that. ..like a goat? #Sickening

The hatred of SA and Niger is becoming visible

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
olivegirl: Oh my God, his Real name is onyebuchi iweako from my husbands kindred in obosi Anambra state. They don't respect nigeria in sa. God save my people, open their eyes to see the wealth in our kingdom(nija) . I heard it, very painful because the guy in question didn't have a wife in life.
IT WAS PAINFUL TO YOU BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVE A WIFE ? SO I TAKE IT YOU HAD A CRUSH ON MR ONYECHIABI IWUAKA ?

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by sambos994(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
These damn Saffers again! They're quick to kill a Nigerian, but when a motherf**king Boer walks by, they do nothing!!! I'm sick of my people being killed unjustly! Every Nigerian should just leave that country and come back, it's not worth it! Imagine!

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Beaten To Death By Policmen In South-Africa by Adex097: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Armed robbers for SA hate Nigerians.
Police for SA hate Nigerians.
Make this guys come home na

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caretaker Uses Snake Juju To Kill His Friend's Daughter, Runs (photos / INFIDELITY: Husbands Kill Wives In Delta, Anambra / Lagos Security Guard Tied Up, Attempts To Stab Himself & Boss (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.