Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 (2453 Views)

Two Ogun State Students Caught Having Sex / UNN 2012/'13 Admission List Has Been Released! At Last! / Jamb Online Registration 2012/13 Now On: Click Here To Apply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2013
This thread is for the Ekiti state students' Scholarship awards 2012/13.

As some may have realized that the major industry of Ekiti people is education hence the abundance of human talents across that globe of Ekiti origin.
This prompted the erstwhile governor of Ekiti to institute the Ekiti distinct students Scholarship awards. Which enabled so many less privileged Ekiti students attain their dream of going further in their academic endeavour be undergraduate studies, Masters and PhD.

However curiously the administration of John Kayode Fayemi threw this laudable program into the bin and went ahead to increase the tuition fees of all the state's institutions by close to 200%! While at the same time taxing the workers heavily who coincidentally are the main sponsors of the Ekiti students.
After much pressure he agreed to reinstate the awards scheme. Hence the Ekiti Scholarship board brought out application forms Nicodemusly...people applied.
However for over a year now nothing has happened ...the people at the Scholarship board claim that the office of the governor has been sitting on the awards three months after the purported signing and approval by the governor!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 10, 2013
Whoever is sitting on what is not my business but my concern is that any government or governor whose program are inimical to the progress and development of our youths should be shown the way out period!
Nigeria is one of the nations with the highest quota of youthful population in the world! While Ekiti is one of the poorest states of the
country yet this class of politicians feel they can toy anyhow with the future of the youths... tax parents heavily, increase tuition by 200%, refuse to implement negotiated agreement with workers that bothers on wage increases...
My concern is for the youth....let the youth take a stand as regarding their own future ....if there's still any!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Pacesetter2: 7:22am On Jun 10, 2013
I've noticed that this JKF administration is a wolf in sheep clothing..he came on board with the support of 80% of the population but now,he is seating on their entitlement. If he now paid this 2012 bursary,he'll now tell the goons at the house that he has paid 2013 bursary. I dont think he has ever paid any bursary during his tenure & this is his 3rd year.i wonder what those money are being used for. Nemesis will soon come up.
All i can say is let him continue. We shall be judged according to our works
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2013
I think the students/youths of Ekiti should rise up to resound their grievances to the ears of the governor! any wayo or 419 activities as regards the youth should be seriously frowned upon! In fact we may decide to have a governor of our own if we are ready to team up together! We have the population....we have the votes Yes we can and we should! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF TAXMASTERS IN THE GOVERNMENT HOUSE! EKITI YOUTHS WAKE UP!!!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by keenn: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
i was omitted in The reccent payment by ekiti state govenment to scholraship beneficiary. i got to know that banks were paid in batches. But when my bank(access) was to be paid my account wasn't credited. i dnt know if any one has similar problem. Pls wat is the next line of action on what to do
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
who are you? am not sure of this your story as far as I know Fayemi has not paid Ekiti PG students scholarship 2011/2012 as at today! So please take your story far from here!
keenn: i was omitted in The reccent payment by ekiti state govenment to scholraship beneficiary. i got to know that banks were paid in batches. But when my bank(access) was to be paid my account wasn't credited. i dnt know if any one has similar problem. Pls wat is the next line of action on what to do
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by keenn: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
U came late, a co-mate used he's(scholarship fund) to offset some of my bills.
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
keenn: U came late, a co-mate used he's(scholarship fund) to offset some of my bills.
am talking serious business here NOT DISCUSSION FOR ACN/APC GOONS!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by keenn: 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Need not to worry. i av bin credited.
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
then you must be an undergraduate
keenn: Need not to worry. i av bin credited.
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
300 Ford Jeeps for traditional rulers!
yet no fund for postgraduate students in Ekiti State!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
APC should change this man or we'll change them at the ballot!
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by ebbie9ja(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kenn,pls I'm a fellow beneficiary in the undergraduate scholarship and I'v not been credited.I submitted my GTB account.Av u seen any oda person using GTB dat has bin credited?
Re: Ekiti State Students Scholarship 2012/13 by ebbie9ja(m): 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
keenn: Need not to worry. i av bin credited.
Pls reply my last post

(1) (Reply)

WHY AZSKY G1/XMAN STOPPED WORKING AS AT 27/28 AUGUST TILL NOW / 2015/2016 Commonwealth Scholarship Selection: Anyone Selected Yet? / OMG See Woman That Gave Birth To 11 Children at once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.