Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project (16957 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation / Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by SHABZ: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
madam_oringo:

FINALLY you betray the reason you were asking the question! Not for the sake of knowledge, enthusiasm or eagerness for progress or to make your life, that of others or daily commute easier but to satiate your dark side - that satanic, never-do-well and tribalistic disposition that makes you people quake and shiver at the pace of progress in the West (Yorubas and their brothers)! Well, it is not new but may your lot be always looking for pitfalls and downfalls while the Westerners progress, even far much more than the ebullient and far-sighted visionary leader Chief Obafemi Awolowo lead his people! May you people eat your hearts out as you despair, and only consolation is that for the meantime, you do not need visas to go to the Western part of Nigeria! When and if Nigeria breaks, every Ibo WILL and MUST be deported! You will have to prove your lineage to the 3rd ancestral generation before you are accepted in the progressive lands of the Yorubas! wink wink grin grin
y dis long rubbish
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by Rossikk(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
There's nothing wrong with the project. It's on course. Building a railway network is not like building a house. It takes time to complete.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Okija juju:

O ye of likkle faith.. angry

I know even know wether to chock you this knife or to wait push you in front of the train when e start to work.. angry

I de carry masquerade for my village.. You can do better angry
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by jpphilips(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
justsayemma: The project is very much on course,I even saw workers there on Sunday morn. Nobody has asked abt d mono rail in Ph,whch is a smaller project,or east west road,dat d project money has been reviewed upward several times,or d 2nd Niger bridge dat we ve bin hearing about.there's nothing u people wil say,dat will take away Fash credit.make una try get sense small.

these lagosians don't know what they are enjoying till they exchange fashola for Amaechi.
the kinda bad roads in ph, insecurity etc, thank God for cash limit on withdrawal, cos Armed robbers are everywhere in ph, yet we have a Gov.
they are even seeing contractors on their mono rail site and they are complaining, Amaechi's mono rail site is like a shrine.
ACN in Rivers state don't know what to say to him anymore, dey don talk tire go sleep.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by billyoung: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
madam_oringo:

FINALLY you betray the reason you were asking the question! Not for the sake of knowledge, enthusiasm or eagerness for progress or to make your life, that of others or daily commute easier but to satiate your dark side - that satanic, never-do-well and tribalistic disposition that makes you people quake and shiver at the pace of progress in the West (Yorubas and their brothers)! Well, it is not new but may your lot be always looking for pitfalls and downfalls while the Westerners progress, even far much more than the ebullient and far-sighted visionary leader Chief Obafemi Awolowo lead his people! May you people eat your hearts out as you despair, and only consolation is that for the meantime, you do not need visas to go to the Western part of Nigeria! When and if Nigeria breaks, every Ibo WILL and MUST be deported! You will have to prove your lineage to the 3rd ancestral generation before you are accepted in the progressive lands of the Yorubas! wink wink grin grin
Your stupidity is unbelievable. I'm from the so called West. What I'm saying is simple. Let us see some seriousness here. For so long there has been an unbroken silence about this project and many Nigerians not just Lagosians were enthusiastic about it. All i asked for was an update on the situation i.e. "What is going on?"
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by cyril10(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Demdem said the port harcourt monorail distance is like from Ketu to Maryland, that is not true, it is like from Ketu to Ojota if not even less and nothing is really happening there. They have spent multiple billions on that silly recreation or amusement park called monorail, a huge waste of public fund.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by successcertain: 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked light rail ko fire rail ni
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by RedLight1: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
Rossikk: There's nothing wrong with the project. It's on course. Building a railway network is not like building a house. It takes time to complete.
i do not know why some people branded you pdp paid agent when you are more objective in your opinions than any of them.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by Demdem(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
cyril10: Demdem said the port harcourt monorail distance is like from Ketu to Maryland, that is not true, it is like from Ketu to Ojota if not even less and nothing is really happening there. They have spent multiple billions on that silly recreation or amusement park called monorail, a huge waste of public fund.

That project will obviously hunt Amaechi even far after he leaves office. It's a huge disaster.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by ikweremilitant: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Firefire:

Oyaaa now, EKO-ILE, ANTLANTIC and co.
please post pictures of complention....
we are waiting.
they are on reccess at iya basira amala joint
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by ikweremilitant: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
justsayemma: The project is very much on course,I even saw workers there on Sunday morn. Nobody has asked abt d mono rail in Ph,whch is a smaller project,or east west road,dat d project money has been reviewed upward several times,or d 2nd Niger bridge dat we ve bin hearing about.there's nothing u people wil say,dat will take away Fash credit.make una try get sense small.
e be like say na only you dey lagos
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by delpee(f): 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Anyone who wants to see the progress made should drive past National Theatre or Ijora causeway. Its quite visible and they seem to be at work everyday.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by ldpele(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
madam_oringo:

tell me why ua d1 crying wolf,why not keep proving him wrong if u gat all it tke than to start crying like a batterd baby. all written so far has been stories n i totaly believe that they will always b wat to say to the populace aftr looting thr funds,keep been a defense minister
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by Maxymilliano(m): 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
Red-Light:
i do not know why some people branded you pdp paid agent when you are more objective in your opinions than any of them.

One of the very few objective critic you got in the politic section, Rossikk that is ...
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by lastpage: 1:45am On Jun 11, 2013

‘Why we delayed Lagos light rail project’

May 10, 2013

Lagos State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure Obafemi Hamzat yesterday said the Lagos Light Rail Project was delayed for six months to enable commercial motorcyclists acquire the skills required to be part of the project.

[b]Wait let me get this right!
*Light rail project, right? Its a "light Train" sort-of but uses overhead high voltage electricity and can be driven in both directions by just ONE DRIVER at a time!
I use it on a daily basis and l know exactly how and what it is.

*Now, what will the "OKADA DRIVERS" being trained, be doing w.r.t the Light rail?
*Let us assume they will be "driving" it!

*Question is: Does this Commissioner (maybe he thinks we are all illiterates or Akara-seller) not know that the construction, which will normally suffer "unforeseen delays" (case in-point is the "swamp factor" just mentioned), does not need to be halted, just because he wants to TRAIN THOSE WHO WILL DRIVE THE COMPLETED AND COMMISSIONED Light Rail?

*Has this Commissioner and the bunch of nitwits he associates with, never heard of the word "parallelism" in project management? Why cant both issues (Training of Okada drivers and the construction of the Rail line) be progressing in tandem?

I tell you, this is just another FUDGE, a distraction and a big lie!
He might be foolish and those who bought this lie might also be foolish but l know that YOU CANT FOOL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME (Bob Marley!)

Bookmark this page: December 2013, this self-servicer .. wan*ker of a commissioner will come-up with another "dumb Excuse" (like they have to stop the work to allow for training of Pure-water sellers who will service passengers at the stops! grin grin ) ......on why it is not yet completed![/b]

Mtcheew! Efulefu peeps. Wetin we no go hear for this Naija sef?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by koruji(m): 2:32am On Jun 11, 2013
You just wait and you will understand. Many of his posts are indeed great but he can be unreasonably rigid to a fault. Even if GEJ begins to drink with the skulls of Nigerians Rossik will see nothing bad enough for anyone to complain about - especially if the complain comes from a foreign source.

Red-Light:
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by madamoringo(f): 4:24am On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=SHABZ]
y dis long rubbish[/quote

You are rubbish?? Everyone knows that already! NEXT! angry angry
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by madamoringo(f): 4:29am On Jun 11, 2013
billyoung:
Your stupidity is unbelievable. I'm from the so called West. What I'm saying is simple. Let us see some seriousness here. For so long there has been an unbroken silence about this project and many Nigerians not just Lagosians were enthusiastic about it. All i asked for was an update on the situation i.e. "What is going on?"

It's a lie! Why do ibos always like to disguise as Yorubas? Y! Y!! Y!!! ? Sometime as Hausa or foreigner, big Y?? If you want to know, either to and look for yourselves even if you live in Pluto, I don't give a damn! Like your retardeenic GEJ! How market?? angry angry
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by dabossman(m): 9:06am On Jun 11, 2013
lastpage:

Wait let me get this right!
*Light rail project, right? Its a "light Train" sort-of but uses overhead high voltage electricity and can be driven in both directions by just ONE DRIVER at a time!
I use it on a daily basis and l know exactly how and what it is.

*Now, what will the "OKADA DRIVERS" being trained, be doing w.r.t the Light rail?
*[b]Let us assume they will be "driving
" it!

*Question is: Does this Commissioner (maybe he thinks we are all illiterates or Akara-seller) not know that the construction, which will normally suffer "unforeseen delays" (case in-point is the "swamp factor" just mentioned), does not need to be halted, just because he wants to TRAIN THOSE WHO WILL DRIVE THE COMPLETED AND COMMISSIONED Light Rail?

*Has this Commissioner and the bunch of nitwits he associates with, never heard of the word "parallelism" in project management? Why cant both issues (Training of Okada drivers and the construction of the Rail line) be progressing in tandem?

Lastpage!

Did you even read the article? Who said anything about okada riders driving trains? They are training them as artisans to work on the construction site. Are you sure you're not actually an "akara seller?"
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by sigmundfreud(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Story, story, story! 8yrs after Thief Tinubu's clueless rule and 6yrs after Fashola's anti-poor reign, na so so STORY.

Enough of the stories, we want the project COMPLETED and put to USE.
HaterS.
Stop walking the streets of Lagos with your eyes closed!
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by ba7man(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2013
sigmundfreud:
HaterS.
Stop walking the streets of Lagos with your eyes closed!
He doesn't live in Lagos....He lives in Enugu.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by yomexp(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Story, story, story! 8yrs after Thief Tinubu's clueless rule and 6yrs after Fashola's anti-poor reign, na so so STORY.

Enough of the stories, we want the project COMPLETED and put to USE.

who are the "we" you are talking about. if i catch you for lagos i go break your leg.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by inomwan: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hi im writing from italy my only question is when this light rail first phase will be ready for the use of the people.I read a few months ago that it should be ready by this month so if it wont be finnished for this month can someone tell me can it be finnished during July?
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by GeneralJ(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
national theater station

2 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by MaximusDMeridux: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
GeneralJ: national theater station

Wow...this will be a BIG STATION! Compare the height of the rail tracks with the men walking by its side in the picture!
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by TonySpike: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
GeneralJ: national theater station

This is impressive!
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by Realdeals(m): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Anyone that wish to know the level of work on the project should take a trip to the site. Not to just stay in your state and xpect us to be feeding you wit report. I pass the road everyday and know d work is progressing, a visit to their workyard at alagomeji will convince u more. EKO ONIBAJE O

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by mbulela: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
jp philips:

you guys should be grateful that fashola has two pillars with a cap on top to show for the money he has spent so far, our own Mazi Amaechi has 12 pieces of one legged pillar to show for over 200b naira spent so far.
EFCC must revisit that retirement benefit that Amaechi calls monorail project. That project is a big sore on his govt.

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by mbulela: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
jp philips:

these lagosians don't know what they are enjoying till they exchange fashola for Amaechi.
the kinda bad roads in ph, insecurity etc, thank God for cash limit on withdrawal, cos Armed robbers are everywhere in ph, yet we have a Gov.
they are even seeing contractors on their mono rail site and they are complaining, Amaechi's mono rail site is like a shrine.
ACN in Rivers state don't know what to say to him anymore, dey don talk tire go sleep.
i am beginning to come around to the idea that robbery in PH is politically engineered.
On the issuer of raods, Amaechi dey try. There are bad roads even in Lagos. My problem with Amaechi is the quality of some of the road projects. The contractors seem compromised. Look at Okporo road. That road has been in one state of disrepair and reconstruction for the last 2 years.You can't even tell where the work begins and where it ends. 2 bloody years for one small stretch of road!
There must be an ikwerre shrine that the Agip road/Ada George road axis has been dedicated to. That entire axis has been under reconstruction since 2009. Yet work is still in progress. What are they doing?
Like i always say, he has done well (considering his predecessor) but a whole lot more could have been done.
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by MaximusDMeridux: 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
mbulela:
i am beginning to come around to the idea that robbery in PH is politically engineered.
On the issuer of raods, Amaechi dey try. There are bad roads even in Lagos. My problem with Amaechi is the quality of some of the road projects. The contractors seem compromised. Look at Okporo road. That road has been in one state of disrepair and reconstruction for the last 2 years.You can't even tell where the work begins and where it ends. 2 bloody years for one small stretch of road!
There must be an ikwerre shrine that the Agip road/Ada George road axis has been dedicated to. That entire axis has been under reconstruction since 2009. Yet work is still in progress. What are they doing?
Like i always say, he has done well (considering his predecessor) but a whole lot more could have been done.

And yet you people will complain about the SW for any and every reason! Keep it up because you are helping us to pressure and galvanize our leadership to higher standards! You go no how far when Nigeria calls it quit!
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by GeneralJ(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
From skyscrapercity to all these badbelle idiots, see as oga fash just dey put you and your useless governments to shame. grin grin
Re: What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project by GeneralJ(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
As you can see project is still going on no lele cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makinde’s Election As Oyo Gov Upheld In Six-hour Tribunal Judgement / ECOWAS Court Declares Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria Unlawful / Peter Obi Inflicted Pains On Judiciary Staff, Doctors, ANSU Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.