Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad (13541 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by azpekuliar: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Good idea. Can't fault it. There are lots of Nigerians abroad who also hope to own their own houses in Nigeria and should be able to access the National Housing Fund.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by AbuMikey(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Another way to Loot Public Funds!!!
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Dickhead.....didn't you see FG there??
Fish brain, you've not answered my question
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Garrithe1st: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
ooseven:

cry
sheyie2007: it's official!na garri de inside your head

Ok dickheads.... Enjoy urselves

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by ocheejemb: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
i think this is a good idea to encourage Diaspora Nigerians to own homes at home! There are probably schemes like this at home for home based Nigerians, which considering how the country is, arent available to just every Tom Dick and Harry. Abroad, its actually easier to run this kind of mortgage scheme!
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by yuzedo: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
LOL! undecided
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ok.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by ocheejemb: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
eGuerrilla: 9.86 million Nigerians living in the US?

Is someone shooting the breeze again?

You dont think this is true?
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by ocheejemb: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
ooseven:

"People for Nija": We want beta house, but money no dey to build and the ones for rent don jagajaga

"People for Abroad": I don make small money, i wan build house for my papa land, but my small broda don chop the money finish

"Govt": Okay, we don build the house, bring money.

abroad pay= nija rent beta house=new houses don plenty=Govt economy don improve.

WHICH PART OF THIS ANALOGY IS THE PROBLEM?

Exactly, repatriate some of the money you earned abroad back home to assist in solving housing problems! Everyone is happy
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Garrithe1st: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2013
sheyie2007:
Fish brain, you've not answered my question

Dickhead, the answer stares you in the face, but ur dense dickhead just can't know it's "in your face"...

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Panter215: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Oboy this na 419oooooooo.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by AjanleKoko: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
daywatcher: Nonsense. They should worry about Nigerians living in Nigeria first. Most diasporans will buy the house and rent it out at extortionate prices. I think this guy just want to justify he's salary

It's not entirely nonsense. They are two different issues, and can't be solved the same way.
This is a niche idea, focused on people who want to invest, not people who are seeking government grant or welfare.
The guy is right anyway. Lots of Nigerians abroad get swindled by their relatives and friends back home, in the name of assisting to develop property. I think it's a good idea.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Demdem(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
This sounds like fraud to me from the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). Diasporans should beware.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by yinchar(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Absolute rubbish...
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
See some nairalanders and their gullibility, think outside the box wil u, the sole aim of this initiative to attract more funds from abroad to nigeria thus curtailing capital flight which z detrimental to our economy,if this move succeeds, u wil c more funds cming 4rm abroad to nigeria to develop the real estate sector thus creating jobs for our unemployed, for once lets reason like learned persons. With this initiative constant capital wil flow into d economy 4rm abroad which z very healthy 4 d stabilization of the naira

4 Likes

Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
oche_ejemb:

You dont think this is true?

I don't want to stray to far from the focus of this thread, but I have serious reservations about that figure.
Our US-based kindred are better placed to clear this one up, although it difficult to see how the ratio of Nigerians to African-Americans can possibly be 1:6
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
sheyie2007: what has our leaders got to do with this?

Pls quit seeking my attention. I don't have time for your type. angry
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
eGuerrilla: 9.86 million Nigerians living in the US?

Is someone shooting the breeze again?
It's more like 1 million or less.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Truckpusher(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Demdem: This sounds like fraud to me from the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). Diasporans should beware.
undecided undecided
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
[size=18pt]This PDP government are always inventing ways to embezzle money.

This is simply the latest innovative idea.

If only they could use the same innovative thinking to figure out how to propel Nigeria to greatness. sad

Fellow sufferers and smilers, these foolish PDP kleptomaniacs are not only ruining our lives, they are fast squandering our children's inheritance

Let us keep smiling whilst we think about what we would tell our children when they are left with nothing grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
On the surface, with 720,000 housing units required annually to meet our MGD Goal on housing, and an estimated mortgage financing gap of 56 trillion Naira, it makes sense for the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria to open other channels of (inbound) investment.

Knowing how these things pan out, however, I expect this initiative to die a premature death just like the one NIDO touted during the OBJ era.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
I don't see any thing wrong with this scheme? And for those mentioning Gej's name here, what has he got to do with this? undecided Or am I missing something?
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Policewoman(f): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Firefire: What is your thought on this?
Many Nigerians living in Nigeria has no home and our good government is planning housing scheme for Nigerians abroad.
People abroad...CONGRAT!!!

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/13989-fg-plans-housing-scheme-for-17-million-nigerians-abroad.html
Good idea by the F.G. But please they should not forget Nigerians at home in their plans oh!
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Positiveminds(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
ooseven:

Don't be annoyed. The govt simply knows which of its citizens are more useful both to the country and their families. You are not one of them.

You want govt benefits but keep insulting your president.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's more like 1 million or less.

I would actually like to know how many Nigerians are based in the US.
There have been too many wild claims over the years.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by lekkie073(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
e no go better for d person wey dey behind this useless project.... angry nonsense....
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by oshea44: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
let me assume, i know what the govt is trying to do, its a good move and i think its a bad move as well, the govt must have assume, Nigerians cant pay mortgage due to bad Nigeria system and no Nigerian have credit, the govt doesnot have credit of no one in the country, their motivation is that, they want to make people living in abroad to buy a mortgage home in Nigeria and development Nigeria look, its quite good, cos 99.9% Nigerian want to return home at their old age... well, its good and the bad side is that, i think the govt should still find a way for people living in Nigeria too.. As for me, i can go for it.. Female who wants to do this with her husband must be smart, cos Nigeria got no woman rights....
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Olaolufred(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
churific: I want to laugh but I guess there's nothing funny about this.

Our government forever with their useless schemes. Fix our country and you wouldn't need a mortgage scheme to attract us back home. There's a reason why these people are dying to go abroad in the first place.

THAT REASON IS WHAT THEY NEED TO TACKLE.

ALAS! RETARDEENS DON'T THINK THAT WAY.
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by Policewoman(f): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
People just open their typhoid mouths to insult the president without even reading the mail. The topic sef is even misleading somehow. They said they wanna assist Nigerians in disapora who wanna build houses at home (for maybe their parents, spouses or whatever).

So what the heck is wrong with that?
Re: FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad by AjanleKoko: 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
eGuerrilla: On the surface, with 720,000 housing units required annually to meet our MGD Goal on housing, and an estimated mortgage financing gap of 56 trillion Naira, it makes sense for the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria to open other channels of (inbound) investment.

Knowing how these things pan out, however, I expect this initiative to die a premature death just like the one NIDO touted during the OBJ era.

Bolded is what should concern us. However, let's start with the view that the glass may be half-full. Time will tell if the initiative will peter out like others before it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Categories Of Nigerians During This Election Period. / We’ve Recovered Sensitive Boko Haram Documents—lai MOHAMMED / Zamfara Governor Matawalle Flags-Off Community Protection Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.