Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways (17876 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by lekanolas: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
The Lagos State Government yesterday promised to intensify mass arrest of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) members who are extorting motorists on highways, even as the 46 hoodlums earlier arrested will continue their 50-hour community service sentence today.

It was learnt that those arrested may wash toilets and sweep public places for several hours as punishment for constituting nuisance to the public peace.

Speaking with National Mirror yesterday, Chairman of Lagos State Task Force on Environmental and Special Offences Unit, Mr. Bayo Sulaimon, said the taskforce would begin the enforcement on the ban of activities of the union members on highways.

He said: “We have declared war against Agbero again; we will not allow them to take over the state. We have flushed them out and they are coming back and we will flush them out again. In the next few hours now, more of them will be arrested. We are moving to different places to arrest more of them. Soon, we will move to other areas in the state. With this arrest, we are passing a message to others. Their leaders should call them to order.”

On the 46 hoodlums (Agbero) arrested and sentenced to 50- hour community service, Sulaimon said they would remain in the police custody until they reach the 50-hour term.

He said: “There is growing cases of Agbero terrorising people during traffic hours and causing traffic jam on most axis. The 46 of them arrested have begun serving community service sentence. They will serve the sentence by washing public toilets and sweeping of public places. We will now be taking them to their areas to wash toilets or sweep the market and parks where they have been doing area father. With this, we are simply telling them to repent.

“The serving of the punishment is at the discretion of the court and the Ministry of Justice. If we say they should serve 50- hour service at once, some of them may slump in the process. So, they will spend few hours and continue again the next day.”

Sulaimon, however, said that taskforce officials used under-cover vehicles while going after the hoodlums.

Stressing that the government embarked on the move to rid the state of hoodlums who collect dues outside motor parks, he added that a knife was recovered from one of those arrested.

Sulaimon said: “Collection of dues outside motor parks must stop.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/no-going-back-on-war-against-agberos-on-highways-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by sweetponmo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
We are waiting o!
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by omiobo: 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
gringringrin even the ones nairaland,Yuzedo,emma,idowuogbo,190,born2f.uck,Ayobase,Afam4eva e.t.c...e.t.c

23 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by yuzedo: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
omiobo: gringringrin even the ones nairaland,Yuzedo,emma,idowuogbo,190,born2f.uck,Ayobase,Afam4eva e.t.c...e.t.c
bro, ur hotting my fillings. cry did i looook like d oda omo-onila poeple u just call?!?! longgg hisssss angry

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by gbanikiti(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
The agbero boys with yellow uniform nko? are they the authentic agberos?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
I will believe when I see, all this mufutau, kasali, iku, eyin, small and Co much leave the roads to pave way for sanity.

But I go miss all those early morning boxing for apongbon under.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by adexsimply(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
omiobo: gringringrin even the ones nairaland,Yuzedo,emma,idowuogbo,190,born2f.uck,Ayobase,Afam4eva,okija juju, lesbian boy, omiobo e.t.c...e.t.c
wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by omiobo: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo:
bro, ur hotting my fillings. cry did i looook like d oda omo-onila poeple u just call?!?! longgg hisssss angry

If dem arrest you,I will make sure you do the evacuation of public toilet's septic tank in Ajegunle as your community servicegrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by ifyalways(f): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lastma and KAI are the biggest and worst set of agberos.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by yuzedo: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
omiobo:

If dem arrest you,I will make sure you do the evacuation of public toilet's septic tank in Ajegunle as your community servicegrin
see dis excavated punny talking! grin grin grin angry
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by omiobo: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo:
see dis excavated punny talking! grin grin grin angry
See ur mouth like punny with bair bair grin
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by gbadexy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Was there activities ever banned?
I only hear the ban on t.v and media.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Hardfact: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Time 4 em all 2 quit all this empty talk and save innocent Lagosians from those illegally official nuisance.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by yuzedo: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
so wich job will eko ile, ileke idi & co do apat from nurtw agbrero work?? undecided 2015 is two far to do balott snaching! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by coogar: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
lekanolas:
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/no-going-back-on-war-against-agberos-on-highways-lagos/

this is great news....
take them to ladipo market and let them clean up the filth there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by ril19(m): 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
and who's gonna pay their bills now?
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
omiobo:

lol. I am like *shoot me dead* instead.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
No wonder I didn't see them @ Oshodi today. It is good step in right direction if there is continuity especially in the evening time from 4-9pm
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by theripper2: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Plenty nairalanders no go see food chop again o.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by 1shortblackboy: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
omiobo: gringringrin even the ones nairaland,Yuzedo,emma,idowuogbo,190,born2f.uck,Ayobase,Afam4eva e.t.c...e.t.c
BEEF,BLUETOOTH ABAGWORO, YUZEDO, MUKINA fashola hold this guys abeg
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Look at these funny chaps shouting out NL members' ID as if dem no be agbero too

Kudos to Lagos....
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by omiobo: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
ekwah:

lol. I am like *shoot me dead* instead.
grin Mr Nairaland in the making. Lol
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by creativemusic: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
This is good if lagos state can maintain this standard grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by ITbomb(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
Was IdowoIgbo among those arrested?
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by yuzedo: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
1 shortblackboy: BEEF,BLUETOOTH ABAGWORO, YUZEDO, MUKINA fashola hold this guys abeg
stop dis dammit! angry am a gentle sweet shy carin romantick man. can a agbero leave in side banana ice land?? undecided if my only crime is dat am hansome + reach, den am guilty. tenk. cry

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by donjon: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dem wan stop staff be dat! We will clear fashola doubt!
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by omiobo: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo:
stop dis dammit! angry am a gentle sweet shy carin romantick man. can a agbero leave in side banana ice land?? undecided if my only crime is dat am hansome + reach, den am guilty. tenk. cry
Fall from ewedu trreee

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by devigblegble: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
These agbero issue is like a comedy series I used to watch in Bangladesh
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
They shouldn't forget to add Police officers to the list of touts. Police officers now wear casuals to collect bribe. . . Smh

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by hod898(m): 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Shet sef.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Articul8(m): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Anyways, dis is nt bad I must confess. Jt wondering hw d task force men handled d agberos dt were arrested.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by hod898(m): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Oops! Washing of public toilets? Have you ever seen a stool that has an angry face? One that jst refused to be flushed nko? Dha ha ha ha ha grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts / Buhari’s Strategists Chasing Ants By Reuben Abati / APC Is In Total Control Of INEC, El-Rufai & Zakari In Charge Of ICT - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.