Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways (17886 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by akwadeltan: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2013
*locking my windows &door* cos after dez guys com back frm d 50hrs jack shit na to com rob hse...
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by dcitizen1: 7:54am On Jun 11, 2013
The outright war on the social miscreant is a welcome development. However, the ban on dis lazy minded idiot is belated and their actions are primitive and crude. They practically turn every bustop in lagos into garage extorting money from commercial danfo driver in the public even in the presence of police officers. Wen maruwa was the governor of lagos, he dealt ruthlessly with dis miscreant and the repented ones found one form of menial jobs or the other. Most of the social miscreats comes frm ibadan and osun states and sadly, they are muslims. Am not saying dat all muslims are social miscreants. Tunubu institutionalised area boys in lagos in 1999 becos he believed dat his bulk of vote came frm them. He is even described as the father of social miscreants and i doubt if the policy of the government will go down well with him. The situation in which a state continues to generate area boy and export them to lagos is unacceptable. It clearly shows weak culture, failed family institution and failed government at regional level. These set of social miscreats can borrow a cue frm igbo traders who are doing legitimate business in every state they found them selve in and contribute to the economic and social development of the host state tru commerce instead of involving in brigandage and hooliganism and willing tools in the hand of selfish and self centered politicians. We must stop the culture dat brings social miscreats now majorly in south west region and expose the wayward thugs to a civilised way of life tru commerce and engagement in vocational training or farm settlement bf they are radicalised into terrorism like micheal adewale and micheal adebanjo in britain becos of radicalisation induced dna
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by badmrkt(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2013
i don't believe this until Tinubu is arrested
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by MusicCafe: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2013
d citizen:
The outright war on the social miscreant is a welcome development. However, the ban on dis lazy minded idiot is belated and their actions are primitive and crude. They practically turn every bustop in lagos into garage extorting money from commercial danfo driver in the public even in the presence of police officers. Wen maruwa was the governor of lagos, he dealt ruthlessly with dis miscreant and the repented ones found one form of menial jobs or the other. Most of the social miscreats comes frm ibadan and osun states and sadly, they are muslims. Am not saying dat all muslims are social miscreants. Tunubu institutionalised area boys in lagos in 1999 becos he believed dat his bulk of vote came frm them. He is even described as the father of social miscreants and i doubt if the policy of the government will go down well with him. The situation in which a state continues to generate area boy and export them to lagos is unacceptable. It clearly shows weak culture, failed family institution and failed government at regional level. These set of social miscreats can borrow a cue frm igbo traders who are doing legitimate business in every state they found them selve in and contribute to the economic and social development of the host state tru commerce instead of involving in brigandage and hooliganism and willing tools in the hand of selfish and self centered politicians. We must stop the culture dat brings social miscreats now majorly in south west region and expose the wayward thugs to a civilised way of life tru commerce and engagement in vocational training or farm settlement bf they are radicalised into terrorism like micheal adewale and micheal adebanjo in britain becos of radicalisation induced dna

You were actually making sense until you bring in the Muslim angle and the legitimate Igbo traders... come on.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by AGgal(f): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
yuzedo:
Das how e start. Nest tin u will want to fax punny to me tru DHL.. Don't worry swerry, is natural sumtin. Sooooooo wuz yo numba? wink wink wink tongue
See ur head!
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Good news.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by upuphim(m): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2013
I'm waiting to see this implemented and sustained because the Area boys in Onipanu especially Oyegbola Street extended their extortion to vehicles moving household properties (change of accommodation). At the end of the day, they spend the money at Iya Titi (An Area Mama) joint till they get drunk. I join Lagosians to tell BRF that Area boys are not above the law, just as he (BRF) demonstrated that Security Agents are not. Failure of BRF at checking this, means a weakness and a support for their activities.

Thereafter, he (BRF) should proceed to checkmate omoniles who would not allow individuals to build their personal houses in Lagos with their hard earned money at incessant demand for foundation, decking, roofing if not plastering by several groups.

Enough of these indirect tax o o o o o ACN led Government.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by ThinkMe: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
What a shame! And if I may ask, 'who does this govt thinks it is fooling?' Is this the first time they announce a ban on the activities of these people. As at the last time that it was announced where the street hawkers are affected, the agberos were left to continue till date while the street hawkers are made to suffer. And till date peope are left to wonder who among these two groups is actually contributing to the growth of the economy. Nevertheless, it is an open secret that these agberos take 'returns' to the govt. Anyway, we're waiting to see the end of this LIES
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by qualified(f): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
yuzedo: so wich job will eko ile, ileke idi & co do apat from nurtw agbrero work?? undecided 2015 is two far to do balott snaching! undecided
toying wit d Mods? They wil soon ban u.
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by Orobotobado: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
I made a deal with a maruwa guy on saturaday last weekend. At the under bridge ikeja an agbero smacked the maruwa guy so hard i thought it could kill a woman the impact i heard. i could not believe myself when i threw myself on the agbero for wanting to kill. it was eventually settled. can the government really get rid of these lazy men who are just looking for free cash? undecided cry
Re: Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways by bheemz(f): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
hmmmmn......ACN is in trouble in d next election #i really fear for una#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets / El-rufai Announces Autonomy For Local Councils, Swears-in Sole Administrators / I Have No Doubt In Mind That We Will Win 2019 Presidential Election - El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.