Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action (19251 Views)

Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Imo Lawmaker Escapes Mob Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by bornosheikh: 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
God moves in mysterious ways!
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by elbinmanny(m): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sounds stage managed sad
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 11, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Bro,am nt a Catholic,i meant d Catholic Church near AP station close 2 Mtn ofiz Maitama.So weda na St abi na Mary dat 1 no b ma biz.I hv passd an info regarding dis news.Simple!!!
Thats Holy trinity catholic church.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by yungboss001: 12:14am On Jun 11, 2013
cool coolRochas idikwa too much o
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nten: 1:12am On Jun 11, 2013
Some dissapointment na blessing.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 11, 2013
Abagworo: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday in Owerri, the state capital rescued a middle aged woman from being lynched when, under the cover of sit-at-home order issued by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MOSSOB), attempted to steal in her neighbourhood.

The unidentified woman rescued by the governor at the Christ Church Road, Owerri took advantage of the MOSSOB directive to shop-lift but unknown to her the shop owner was inside with some of her goods outside.

The shop owner however, did not know what was happening until a neighbour drew her attention by asking her whether the person carrying cartons of drinks from her shop had paid for them.

According to an eye witness, it was then that the shop owner, who had been sitting inside the shop out of fear for MOSSOB, then came out and raised the alarm, which drew the attention of the neighbours and passersby, who rushed to lynch the woman before Okorocha’s entourage arrived.

It was gathered that after narrating the story, the governor appealed to the shop owner and the mob to forgive the thief and instantly paid the woman whose shop was lifted the sum of N100,000 and offered to start a business for the thief.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/okorocha-rescues-woman-from-mob-action/

http://leadership.ng/news/090613/okorocha-rescues-thief-being-lynched

Should I say Good day for thief lol. Btw Mr. Governor didn't ya hear about sit-at home order? Lol MA-SOB is a big fat joke..

On a serious note, I don't give a damn what point or philanthropic history this governor is trying to accomplish, this thief should at least do her time before the goodwill... It's the law.

Oops my bad, I forgot we are talking about Nigeria here.. grin
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Ndjones(m): 4:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

A 21yr old Igbo woman with four kids left Delta to Abuja and then to Lagos in pursuit of raising money to start business and Okorocha has not helped her but he put "amnesty money" out for a thief to start business.

See how foolish u are
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Ndjones:
See how foolish u are

Sharrraaaappppp is he wrong?
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

A 21yr old Igbo woman with four kids left Delta to Abuja and then to Lagos in pursuit of raising money to start business and Okorocha has not helped her but he put "amnesty money" out for a thief to start business.

are u on some cheap drugs wetin concern imo state governor with person wey go from delta-abuja-lagos she pass imo state

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 7:26am On Jun 11, 2013
obo_man: Why should a vigilante group hold me to ransom in my city?

What happened to freedom of movement under human right act?

Educated people from igbo communities should speak against this archaic act.

Yes, MASSOB wants a sovereign nation but going about it this way doesn't make them any different from the already sovereign state they are part of.

Why can't they lobby UN, form alliances with other countries to put pressure on Nigeria for a breakaway, lobby their Senators and Reps to call for a national conference instead of wanting to lynch a fellow Biafran for going about her business? undecided undecided undecided undecided

and u are d most dumb human i hav ever seen.was d shoplifter goin about her normal business? I fit swear u be yoruba boy.get out joor
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 7:32am On Jun 11, 2013
critique101: There is something u ppl should know. Rochas okolocha uses the media to promote himself. He actually hasn't done much in the state. Pensions r not being paid. There r still bad roads. Do not b deceived
jobless fellow.am frm imo state and i can tell u dat u are wrong.d only wrong thng i knw rochas hav don is rotating civil servants,and joinin Apc.d man is working.he has cleard d mess Ohakim,udenwa ,mbakwe and co left behind.i was at a wedin wen he enterd uninvited.he danced wit d couple and gave dm gift.dats all i can say 4 nw.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2013
I may nt like Apc,bt i luv rochas.he did alot even wen he wasnt a governor.giving is already part of him,dats why even as a governor,he cnt stop giving.in other news,my kid sis received her school fee frm imo state government nt long ago.rochas rocks.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by dozai: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2013
obo_man: Why should a vigilante group hold me to ransom in my city?

What happened to freedom of movement under human right act?

Educated people from igbo communities should speak against this archaic act.

Yes, MASSOB wants a sovereign nation but going about it this way doesn't make them any different from the already sovereign state they are part of.

Why can't they lobby UN, form alliances with other countries to put pressure on Nigeria for a breakaway, lobby their Senators and Reps to call for a national conference instead of wanting to lynch a fellow Biafran for going about her business? undecided undecided undecided undecided

oh boy. read the line again. The woman wan go amurobber person shop. That one na biz for ur zone?
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 8:23am On Jun 11, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Let's know about it..
hw many pages u fit spare? And hw jobless are you?
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 8:26am On Jun 11, 2013
onyeka205:

There is no how all the roads in Imo State would be repaired by Rochas, but for now, he is reparing most of the roads and this is commendable. All the local governments has a touch of his leadership. Let us say the truth for once and offer constructive critisism and not destructive.
my brother,GOD go bless u.my village de experience its 1st road construction,courtesy of Rochas.i dnt hav much 2 say.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Bro,am nt a Catholic,i meant d Catholic Church near AP station close 2 Mtn ofiz Maitama.So weda na St abi na Mary dat 1 no b ma biz.I hv passd an info regarding dis news.Simple!!!
bt u claimd u were there wit dm.hw come u dnt knw where u were? And dnt u thnk he might have left Abj dat same saturday?
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by amaechijay: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2013
Givers Never Lack

Kudos to Rochas!
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by leonshom(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2013
What a gud Governor, I wonder what Aregbeshola wuld av done 2d woman, he wuld rather Jail d woman instead of lukin into d cause of her stealing nd proffer solution
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by dulphines: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2013
Garri the 1st: *On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

@Garri, We'll get to hear your own story on Nairaland. What i can't tell now is whether its gonna be good or bad.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2013
Soso990240: hw many pages u fit spare? And hw jobless are you?
Knowing about the good works of the best governor in Nigeria, who is also the governor of my state does not in anyway imply being jobless.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Soso990240(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Knowing about the good works of the best governor in Nigeria, who is also the governor of my state does not in anyway imply being jobless.
and wot stopd u frm watchin d declaration urself? since u ar dis patrotic.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by kzokul(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Sutely d act wil go a long way and she wil 4eva b grateful.....u av reduced a thief by 1........big up 2 u ma gov.....
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Demdem(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2013
Giddyprance:
people can be very unreasonable.
If he ordered dat she should be lynched,u go talk.
If he left the place like dat,u go talk
CAN ONE EVER PLEASE EVERYBODY?

Use ur brain. I expect him to hand her over to police to investigate.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by teamchocolate: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
The lynch wey dem go lynch u no go get part 2 grin grin

Garrithe1st:
*On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by teamchocolate: 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
Is okorocha governor of delta state

DuduNegro:

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by mrnelsono(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
owelle has always been a philanthropist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PERMATA: Aisha Buhari Represented By Gimbiya Dogara & State Governors’ Wives / North Plans Last-minute Shocker For Gbajabiamila / Bomb Blast At Ministry Of Finance In Jalingo, Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.