Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) (13859 Views)

Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / HELP! Outrageous Estimated 'NEPA' Bill by Abuja Electricity D.C, Is Choking me / Night Patrol And Training Of Somali Police By Men Of Nigeria Police Force.(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by solid3(m): 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
This accident was caused this afternoon at NICON junction, Abuja by the Abuja anti hawking task force (dont want to quote wrong name). In the usual manner they carry out their activities, they normally come in high speed, and move swiftly to get hold of young boys and girls hawking in the city of Abuja.
I learned they came in same manner and a boy selling packaged chin-chin tried running on sighting them, but unfortunately, he ran into an upcoming car in high speed. while the driver unsuccessfully tried to dodge hitting the boy, he eventually knocked the boy down and also hit two other cars causing multiple accident. Sadly, the boy died instantly.
Now the issue is, why dont they do their work in a better way? Who is the director that gave such order to the task force to carry out the arrest of hawkers in Abuja in such manner?
Apart from this incidence, there are other unreported accidents that happen often on this same spot while the N160million pedestrian overhead bridge is yet to be completed 1year after commencement.
Is this how we will helplessly continue to live?

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Olaolufred(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
YOU MEAN N 160 MILLION FOR 50 PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES?

FRESH AIR IS UP IN ABUJA FREE OF CHARGE.
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Onims1(f): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
And when Lagos is progressing,some people will start ........RIP lil boy..
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sad..I often see these boys on 3MB every evening in between high speeding cars waiting for "go-slow"... Very dangerous way of earning a living.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by CrimzP(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Really bad way of discharging duties.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by kingrhirhs(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Cry, my beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by AnOlAd: 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
And why did they cover him leaves Egbami am I seeing double? Why didn't they even take him to the hospital straight and they had energy to go gather leaves and even someone volunteer wrapper and they stood there looking and snapping pics!!!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by genuisemma: 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Na wao, end time tins
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by zolajpower: 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
R.I.P TO THE DEAD
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by AbuMikey(m): 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Shebi dia body go cool for the now as dem don cause dis kind fatal accident? cry
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by lafuria1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
AnOlAd: And why did they cover him leaves Egbami am I seeing double? Why didn't they even take him to the hospital straight and they had energy to go gather leaves and even someone volunteer wrapper and they stood there looking and snapping pics!!!
Who will take him to the hospital when he died instantly, they did the right thing at that time and note the body wasn't abonded there.
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by genuisemma: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hw can i post a topic on nairaland. Pls some1 shud help pls undecidedHw can i post a topic on nairaland. Pls some1 shud help pls
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by jmoore(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
When "agberos" are used as task force agents what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Giddyprance(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
Such a painful loss.
I dnt tnk its about the way duty is discharged.I'd rather say its one of those things dat come by especially in security issues.I blame whoever it is dat gives little children the responsibility of hawking in busy streets

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Akshow: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
AnOlAd: And why did they cover him leaves Egbami am I seeing double? Why didn't they even take him to the hospital straight and they had energy to go gather leaves and even someone volunteer wrapper and they stood there looking and snapping pics!!!
Nigerians are not completely heartless na. Obviously e don die hence the leaves and wrapper. Abi you wan rush dead body go hospital ni?
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Giddyprance(m): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
jmoore: When touts are used as task force agents what do you expect?

its nt about the use of touts.these mistakes,though costly,are bound to cum by
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by searay(m): 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hawking where hawking has been banned is a SIN. RIP to the dead if He can.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by creativemusic: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Evil way of discharging duties. RIP boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
@op how else should they have gone about it? You and I both know many Nigerians out there rarely obey authorities willingly. Sad event though. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by donPhill(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
rip...y would parents send dia wards 2 hawk in a busy street?....the boy is supposed 2 be in skul na....rip sha...#condolence 2 the beriefed parents...

.conclusively;
abj administration shld work on d pedestrian way seriously
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by AGgal(f): 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
creativemusic: Evil way of discharging duties. RIP boy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
What's funny? A lil boy just got killed. See ur teeth!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by markovnikoff001(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
la furia:
Who will take him to the hospital when he died instantly, they did the right thing at that time and note the body wasn't abonded there.
And who was the Doctor on the scene that pronounced him dead? Not everyone that bleeds and has stopped moving is dead.
So many people, especially accident victims, whose life could have been saved, die as a result of people "sympathising" rather than rush the victim to the hospital

7 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by cindyrella(f): 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
jmoore: When "agberos" are used as task force agents what do you expect?

I agree with this.
Most of the task force agents I've seen are touts... And the way they discharge their duties is something else.
so sad...Rip to the dead
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by NellyGhenghen(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
*solid*:
while the N160million pedestrian overhead bridge is yet to be completed 1year after commencement.

This is sad, but the construction of that pedestrian bridge started not too long ago ooh!! get your facts right Op!! it started sometime towards the end of last year, and it was really going up quick.

That highway is very very dangerous, how couldn't they think to put a ped bridge there in the first place smh
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Inik(m): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Street hawking should be banned in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by concacid: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
ITS A PITY. RIP BOY.
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by hardbody: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
genuisemma: Hw can i post a topic on nairaland. Pls some1 shud help pls undecidedHw can i post a topic on nairaland. Pls some1 shud help pls

Your name says you are a genius, something as simple as posting a topic on NL should not be rocket science for a genius like you

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by plendil: 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2013
OP your title is misleading. The accident was not caused by the task force, it was caused by the refusal of Nigerians, the unfortunate boy in this case, to heed simple instruction.

Left to me the parents or whoever sent the poor-and now late, unfortunately-boy to hawk on the streets, defying a standing order should be prosecuted.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
Pdp is working. Treating a disease by treating the symptoms and ignoring the disease itself. THE PDP WAY!
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by alphaconde(m): 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
I refuse to connect this incident to bad government.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by halfcurrent(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
markovnikoff001:
And who was the Doctor on the scene that pronounced him dead? Not everyone that bleeds and has stopped moving is dead.
So many people, especially accident victims, whose life could have been saved, die as a result of people "sympathising" rather than rush the victim to the hospital

On point. Exactly what i think.
Re: Multiple Accident Cause By Abuja Anti-Hawking Task Force (pics) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Lol. Nigerians will never seize to amaze me! Okay, the task force is to be blamed! And who are we defending? The brainless parents of boy who refused to obey a simple law (just like the average Nigerian would do)! Don't hawk on the highway! Is that too difficult to obey?

The fact that the boy ran on sighting the Task Force team (they didn't even chase him) proves that he knew what he was doing was illegal! (whoever asked him to hawk must have told him to always run anytime he sees the 'men in uniform'. Mtcheew!). Funny enough, this incidence is one of the reasons why hawking has been outlawed on abuja highways(it causes accidents).

What the op is doing is one of the reasons why Nigeria/Nigerians is/are so backward all round! We always push blames and most of the times, we blame things that are not 'even there'! Smh......

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Distributes Transformers And Solar Panels To Constituents / Protest In Abraka Over The Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Atiku Awards Scholarships To Slain Soldiers’ Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.