Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race (7863 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket / Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by gbanikiti(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
A member of the House of Representatives, Rep. Uche Ekwunife, has declared her intention to vie for the governorship race in Anambra.

Ekwunife, the member representing Anaocha, Njikoka and Dunukofia Federal Constituency, declared her interest at a forum with newsmen in Awka on Sunday.

The lawmaker said that she was motivated to vie for the post to serve the people.

“My motivation for running is service to the people. The governorship position is a huge responsibility that one uses to touch people’s live.

“In terms of knowledge, exposure, experience, understanding the job and being a good legislator, I have what it takes to govern the state.

“Being a woman is not an impediment but rather an advantage.

“And where people think of the aspect of culture which demands that only men break kola, I have never seen a male governor breaking kola either.

“When Dame Virgy Etiaba was there as a governor for few months, am sure you saw the remarkable improvement she made.

“What we should talk about is someone who would bring the desired change that we need in the system.”

According to her, the House of Representatives is the only place where you have the largest chunk of elected people with versatile knowledge.

Ekwunife argued that having represented her people well at that level, she was willing to bring the knowledge to the state.

“There is still a whole lot to do in the area of roads, talk about health, women empowerment, poverty eradication, industries, among others.”

She described the crisis rocking APGA as a family affair, which would fizzle out in no time.

“There are always litigations in politics, confusion and controversies.(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ekwunife-declares-to-vie-for-anambra-guber-race/
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
I can imagine what this election will be like. Anambra most definitely has the most educated Nigerians. Imagine the competition.

1) Chukwuma Soludo

2) Dora Akunyili

3) Chris Ngige

4) Ifeanyi Uba

5) Uche Ekwunife

6) Anny Okonkwo

7) etc

5 Likes

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chris Ngige !!!!! cool

7 Likes

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123: Chris Ngige !!!!! cool
Why?
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why?

Hes the best out of all of them.

He even repaired our road in my village sef, after how many years of neglect
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin
About him being the best, i'm not sure. Anyways, the term "best" is a relative term. If he repaired a road in your village, that's a very good reason to vote for him.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
About him being the best, i'm not sure. Anyways, the term "best" is a relative term. If he repaired a road in your village, that's a very good reason to vote for him.

Who do you think should take the position ?
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by AZeD1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin
How is he the best?

#besides how this one take concern me?
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

How is he the best?

#besides how this one take concern me?

Take am easy abeg undecided tongue
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
adaobi123:

Who do you think should take the position ?
I'll go for Soludo, Akunyili or Ngige in that order.

2 Likes

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by AZeD1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I can imagine what this election will be like. Anambra most definitely has the most educated Nigerians. Imagine the competition.

1) Chukwuma Soludo

2) Dora Akunyili

3) Chris Ngige

4) Ifeanyi Uba

5) Uche Ekwunife

6) Anny Okonkwo

7) etc
As i Nigerian, i demand you retract this statement and apologize except you back up your claim with facts.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

As i Nigerian, i demand you retract this statement and apologize except you back up your claim with facts.
It's my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by gbanikiti(m): 8:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
A-ZeD:

LOL@ Afam's comment. the other day it was non enugu indigenes are pseudo illiterates, today it's "most educated Nigerians are from Anambra ". Afam jiri kwa nwayo na atukwa asi biko! grin

you better not hide my comment! angry

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Its good to have varieties;it gives us more option but Ekwunife herself knows very well she will not win and so is Soludo because pdp is as good as dead in Anambra. As for Ngige,he will lose again just like the last time because of Peter Obi and his influence.

Apga is the winning party and so is the candidate that get the OBI ANNOINTING!
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Its good to have varieties;it gives us more option but Ekwunife herself knows very well she will not win and so is Soludo because pdp is as good as dead in Anambra. As for Ngige,he will lose again just like the last time because of Peter Obi and his influence.

Apga is the winning party and so is the candidate that get the OBI ANNOINTING!
I was surprised Ekwunife didn't do very well the last time because after the crowd i saw in her campaign, i thought she was gonna do very well. She was supported by Orji Uzor Kalu then.

It seems you over-estimate Peter Obi's relevance in Anambra.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I can imagine what this election will be like. Anambra most definitely has the most educated Nigerians. Imagine the competition.

1) Chukwuma Soludo

2) Dora Akunyili

3) Chris Ngige

4) Ifeanyi Uba

5) Uche Ekwunife

6) Anny Okonkwo

7) etc

What did you mean by "the most educated Nigerians"? You need to wake up from your slumber.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Sealeddeal(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
According to Ekwunife,'Being a woman is not a disadvantage'. Thats very funny cos as long as Nigeria is concerned,its not yet time for a woman to contest and win governorship/Presidential election and as such,i think being a woman is a disadvantage.
Meanwhile,my support goes to Dr Ifeanyi Ubah of APGA.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Afam4eva(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sealeddeal: According to Ekwunife,'Being a woman is not a disadvantage'. Thats very funny cos as long as Nigeria is concerned,its not yet time for a woman to contest and win governorship/Presidential election and as such,i think being a woman is a disadvantage.
Meanwhile,my support goes to Dr Ifeanyi Ubah of APGA.
For someone who supports Ifeanyi Uba, i'm not surprised you could make such an assertion about women. Was Etiaba not the deputy governor who later became the governor?
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Sealeddeal(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
For someone who supports Ifeanyi Uba, i'm not surprised you could make such an assertion about women. Was Etiaba not the deputy governor who later became the governor?
Etiaba cannot CONTEST for governorship post in anambra state and win neither can anyother woman. When i said this,i do not mean to denigrate women or evoke sentiment in that like.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
afam, soludo and dora wont win cos they r from d same local government with peter obi. it would be between ifeanyi and chris....simple
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by ugoezeb(m): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
Any candidate that will d governorship election must have Obi's blessing. For me, i prefer Chris Ngige to win. Kinda like his reputation so far.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:22am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
I was surprised Ekwunife didn't do very well the last time because after the crowd i saw in her campaign, i thought she was gonna do very well. She was supported by Orji Uzor Kalu then.

It seems you over-estimate Peter Obi's relevance in Anambra.

How can you think Ekwunife will do well when she is squared up against Obi,Soludo and Ngige. This again tells me more about your little to zero knowledge about Obi's cult figure in Anambra and Anambra politics. For the simple fact that she identifies with Orji Uzor Kalu alone should tell you she has already failed.
As for Peter Obi relevance in Anambra,I don't think an outsider like you will ever understand the magnitude of his achievements and influence. The man has touched all part of the state with inspiring performances. I mean we has transformed Anambra from within. Iam not saying the man has no fault but judge the man with what he has to work with,the deplorable state of affairs before his coming and the state of things now. All sector in Anambra is working with razor sharp efficiency ,today.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:27am On Jun 11, 2013
liberty300: afam, soludo and dora wont win cos they r from d same local government with peter obi. it would be between ifeanyi and chris....simple

See arguement ooo; The two people you just mentioned re already losers. The governor is gonna come from Anambra north and that is the common belief.

Checkout Oseloka Obaze and Paul Odenigbo.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by 2010a: 3:38am On Jun 11, 2013
A-ZeD:

According to JAMB statistics, for the past 15 - 20yrs, Anambra state has the largest number of people who gain admission(wt JAMB admission letters) into tertiary institutions followed by Imo state though Imo state has the highest number of JAMB applicants followed by Anambra State.

Note that on JAMB form, they ask for state of origin and not state of residence.

When I looked at the statistics, I was very disappointed when I saw the position of Oyo state and Lagos state.

All the Igbo states except one were in the first ten

5 Likes

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by iwanchop(m): 4:47am On Jun 11, 2013
2010a:

According to JAMB statistics, for the past 15 - 20yrs, Anambra state has the largest number of people who gain admission(wt JAMB admission letters) into tertiary institutions followed by Imo state though Imo state has the highest number of JAMB applicants followed by Anambra State.

Note that on JAMB form, they ask for state of origin and not state of residence.

When I looked at the statistics, I was very disappointed when I saw the position of Oyo state and Lagos state.

All the Igbo states except one were in the first ten
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2013
This one dey waste her time. Andy Uba for life.
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2013
I don't know why some of you green-horns keep mentioning Soludo and Akunyili. Who would give them tickets? The PDP's ticket is a straight fight between Andy Uba and Stella Oduah. . .I foresee Andy Clinching it, even though Stella might enjoy strong presidential support. The only reason why Soludo got the ticket the last time was because Andy.and Chris Uba were at war, and Yar'Adua brought in soludo as a neutral prssidency-backed candidate. The man has no influence or structure whatsoever in Anambra PDP; same applies to Dora.

Of course Ngige would get the APC/ACN ticket. As for APGA's ticket, I'm not sure what Peter Obi has up his sleeves, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he gives it to a dark horse, or maybe to Ekwunife. Ifeanyi Uba has zero chance of getting it.

At the end of the day, the likes of Soludo, Dora, Ifeanyi Uba, GOCUZ, and the other pretenders would be left in the cold, scrambling to contest on the platforms of unfancied parties such as the Labour Party and whatnot, where they stand no chance of winning.

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by ifyalways(f): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Ngige all the way!

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by yuzedo: 9:24am On Jun 11, 2013
Muhehehehehehehehehhe! grin Ekwunife?? Smh! She should "see me" later in a hotel and i give her the ticket. wink
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by josiahriches(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2013
Ok na anambra
Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by AbuMikey(m): 9:30am On Jun 11, 2013
Sarah Jubril shoul tell this woman what happened in 2009....gringrin

1 Like

Re: Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race by Vincent41(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blasts: This Is My Story – Dokpesi / Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? / Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.