Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,790 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed (19483 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police / New Enugu International Airport Flooded (full pics) / Police Recruits Lament Inhuman Condition At Enugu Police College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by feminancy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
i took the pics as i was driving along fly over trans ekulu enugu today.
I remembered when this topic was being discussed .
is aready happening.

:https://www.nairaland.com/1315722/mixed-reactions-enugus-kia-police

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Afam4eva(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
What happened to the car?

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by lecturerdabo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
Afam4eva: What happened to the car?

as usual with NPF happened!
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Afam4eva(m): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
It looks like an accident though. This is an isolated case as i don't know how often police cars are accidented. Though, the governor should have looked at using a stronger car.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Maxymilliano(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
Looks like something that fell into a ditch
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by billante(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Completely wrecked!
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by feminancy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
from the news i got the armed men was looking for a way out of the city after they snatched a white range sport 2014. but unlucky for them five police patrol suv car rounded them up then immediately the armed men open fire on the police car, and one of the car crashed inside a pit.
but the good news is that the 3 boys was arrested and now in police net.

34 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by redsun(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
All nigerian police needs as vehicles are well equipped land rovers or russian winter trucks to navigate the trench road.

Cars like that are too fragile for nigerian roads.The ditches,potholes and bumps wrecks them in no time.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
We don't have to blame the governor,rather we should blame the police because they are known for reckless driving? If you give them a stronger vehicle they will use it to scratch and spoil other road users cars. Government at various levels are trying for them but, they don't want to do away with the nonchalant attitude which had brought them no good in the peoples eyes.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Gregopara(f): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
I'm sure the driver would say to his superiors officers: 'Don't blame me, blame it on the alcohol'.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Adufaye(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sumtin wey u no buy wit ya money,u go use am any how......na only naija police dy pursue thief? US police dy pursue thief 2 bt der car no dy look like dis
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Abali1(m): 12:10am On Jun 11, 2013
I can imagine the Police guy who was behind the wheels asking,
Na your papa property?
Na government property.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by fludu: 12:13am On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1: I can imagine the Police guy who was behind the wheels asking,
Na your papa property?
Na government property.

LOL nah so oh,
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Abali1(m): 12:13am On Jun 11, 2013
feminancy: from the news i got the armed men was looking for a way out of the city after they snatched a white range sport 2014. but unlucky for them five police patrol suv car rounded them up then immediately the armed men open fire on the police car, and one of the car crashed inside a pit.
but the good news is that the 3 boys was arrested and now in police net.
Police go catch amu roba, dem no go parade am?

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by soma042(m): 12:15am On Jun 11, 2013
Greg opara: I'm sure the driver would say to his superiors officers: 'Don't blame me, blame it on the alcohol'.

Greg opara: I'm sure the driver would say to his superiors officers: 'Don't blame me, blame it on the alcohol'.

redsun: All nigerian police needs as vehicles are well equipped land rovers or russian winter trucks to navigate the trench road.

Cars like that are too fragile for nigerian roads.The ditches,potholes and bumps wrecks them in no time.

dude u guys are getting off the hook. the op said the armed men open fire on the police car when they have already been rounded up and the car ran inside a ditch , and you guys are rambling alcohol, iron car,armored tank and fragile jeep na waaaaa.
i witnessed the event my self you need to see the way this police handled the situation, it was like watching the old bond movie. the police blocked the whole street connecting other officers on their routing duty post with their mobile set and they finally rounded them up before the armed men started shooting sporadically.

thumb up police

36 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by bcomputer101: 12:23am On Jun 11, 2013
The CURSES on that MONEY collected as BRIBE from POOR NIGERIANS is the major cause of this ACCIDENT...
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by ACM10: 1:23am On Jun 11, 2013
I know that those drunken policemen will soon make a mess of the cars. The best car for Nigerian police is pick-up van.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by otokx(m): 6:28am On Jun 11, 2013
The police is blameless here; kudos for catching those criminals. Too bad ALUU is far away.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 11, 2013
soma042:

dude u guys are getting off the hook. the op said the armed men open fire on the police car when they have already been rounded up and the car ran inside a ditch , and you guys are rambling alcohol, iron car,armored tank and fragile jeep na waaaaa.
i witnessed the event my self you need to see the way this police handled the situation, it was like watching the old bond movie. the police blocked the whole street connecting other officers on their routing duty post with their mobile set and they finally rounded them up before the armed men started shooting sporadically.

thumb up police
This seems no fault of the police at all, infact frm info here, police needs encouragement. Even in America, police cars get smashed during chase!
Though I agree that our police need strong, durable and fast vehicle instead of flashy cars

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by rodeo0070(m): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2013
The gods are not to blame.
Thank God no one was killed...
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by OneNaira6: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2013
it looks like someone ran into it which forced them into the ditch. I doubt the policemen did this by themselves. Give them break jor. They wreaked the car while in duty. You can even see what looks like a bullet shots on the windshield.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by OneNaira6: 7:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1: I can imagine the Police guy who was behind the wheels asking,
Na your papa property?
Na government property.

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by AbuMikey(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2013
Was that Catr Made in CHINA
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 11, 2013
Abu Mikey: Was that Catr Made in CHINA
Seems the car has no airbag.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by feminancy(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2013
cogitoErgo:
This seems no fault of the police at all, infact frm info here, police needs encouragement. Even in America, police cars get smashed during chase!
Though I agree that our police need strong, durable and fast vehicle instead of flashy cars

they really need encouragement not criticism like you see many guys here yelling at them at any little mistake .
i met some of them on duty, i will tell you they are not happy with what people are gossiping, even on the media here that they will wreck the car withing 1 month or so. they vowed that the will bit mercilessly from anyone be it car driver or car owner who by mistake or so come close to hit the car.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 11, 2013
interesting.... they need to check d driver's alcohol content in d blood
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Okijajuju: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2013
Normal thing... 2.5million of tax payers money gone... grin

God bless us
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Afrilogistics: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: Normal thing... 2.5million of tax payers money gone... grin

God bless us

Don't be daft !.Police cars crash all over the world in the course of chasing criminals. The Enugu policemen caught the armed robbers. We should give kudos to them and to the Governor for making the cars available. Enugu will be safer for it.

I would be the first to condemn them if he crashed the car comming out of a pepper soup joint along Obiagu road.

8 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by joeluv: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2013
Kudos NPF, Make us proud and ctach all them robbers even it means smashing all yr KIA rides..no worry Oga Sulli go replace them
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by picklejuice(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2013
If the story abt what happened is true, i don't get how 3 boys opened fire on police when they were surrounded and they are still alive. In america they would be in the hospital or dead. Naija police needs to go for shooting practice. The only excuse for not harming those boys would be if they surrendered
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Okijajuju: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2013
Afrilogistics:

Don't be daft !.Police cars crash all over the world in the course of chasing criminals. The Enugu policemen caught the armed robbers. We should give kudos to them and to the Governor for making the cars available. Enugu will be safer for it.

I would be the first to condemn them if he crashed the car comming out of a pepper soup joint along Obiagu road.

Daft?

Was that really necessary? undecided Did that make you feel more intelligent or more of a man?

I saw a picture of a wrecked police car... I responded to the picture based on the picture alone and the history of the Nigerian police. Isn't that cars value truly gone? What was daft about that?

Smh...

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Okijajuju: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2013
pickle_juice: If the story abt what happened is true, i don't get how 3 boys opened fire on police when they were surrounded and they are still alive. In america they would be in the hospital or dead. Naija police needs to go for shooting practice. The only excuse for not harming those boys would be if they surrendered

The story shock me sha...

The Nigerian Police I know, would have opened fire on that SUV immediately it started running from them. And to think that the criminals opened fire on the Nigerian Police and came out of that alive is shocking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Drops Murder Charges Against The 15yr-old Child-bride Who Killed Her Hubby / Maiduguri Residents Jubilate Over Sheriff’s Sacking / Gunmen Attack 5 Officials Of NIWA In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.