Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed (19495 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police / New Enugu International Airport Flooded (full pics) / Police Recruits Lament Inhuman Condition At Enugu Police College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by ewet: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2013
chidindufrank: We don't have to blame the governor,rather we should blame the police because they are known for reckless driving? If you give them a stronger vehicle they will use it to scratch and spoil other road users cars. Government at various levels are trying for them but, they don't want to do away with the nonchalant attitude which had brought them no good in the peoples eyes.

These are not the right kind of vehicles to use for policing considering the peculiar naijafactor of bad roads,inresponsibility on the part of the NPF,lack of maintenance culture and poor training.

Trust me within a year there will only be a few of these vehicles still functional.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nuzo1(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: Normal thing... 2.5million of tax payers money gone... grin

God bless us

You are one of the few guys I respect here...so seeing what you wrote came as a shocker.

The OP has explained what happened to the car. They were on a high speed chase after being alerted of car snatching which may be for the purpose of of robbery, kidnap or assasination.
On rounding the criminals up, the armed robbers opened fire on the UNINSURED policemen. And in a bid to dodge the assault, they fell into a ditch.

What more do you guys want from these helpless policemen who wouldve had their families thrown out of police barracks with no compensation if they (police) were killed in the process?

N2.5 million is nothing compared to the safety of those gallant policemen.

8 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by ugoezeb(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2013
Yeah...if d story is true, d police nd d enugu state govt deserve kudos for a well done job. I think d damaged car is always part of d collateral damages in tackling crime... Thank God no life was lost.

#EnuguIsSafe

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Two4Two(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2013
I have already said it a few days ago that the Nigerian POLICE that i know do not know the value of expensive gadgets. I also mentioned that all this vehicles will not last more than one year and all of them will be history. Only God knows the kind of deal that the Governor of Enugu state had with KIA Motor company to secure those cars for Nigerian Police Enugu state command.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by jibbzion(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2013
I guess it was been used as a stunt vehicle for a Nigerian play, 'cos this mob is completely wrecked.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Rooneyboy(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2013
Naija Police, they don't deserve any good thing in their life.

Bunch of retards.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nuzo1(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2013
Two4Two: I have already said it a few days ago that the Nigerian POLICE that i know do not know the value of expensive gadgets. I also mentioned that all this vehicles will not last more than one year and all of them will be history. Only God knows the kind of deal that the Governor of Enugu state had with KIA Motor company to secure those cars for Nigerian Police Enugu state command.

Sir!

I'm sure most Nigerians and especially Enugu residents wouldn't mind sacrificing a new Kia car EVERYDAY to get 3 dangerous criminals off the street.

3 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Okijajuju: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Nuzo':

You are one of the few guys I respect here...so seeing what you wrote came as a shocker.

The OP has explained what happened to the car. They were on a high speed chase after being alerted of car snatching which may be for the purpose of of robbery, kidnap or assasination.
On rounding the criminals up, the armed robbers opened fire on the UNINSURED policemen. And in a bid to dodge the assault, they fell into a ditch.

What more do you guys want from these helpless policemen who wouldve had their families thrown out of police barracks with no compensation if they (police) were killed in the process?

N2.5 million is nothing compared to the safety of those gallant policemen.

Bros.. You sef read the OPs post. He simply showed a pic of a damaged Police vehicle. He didn't state what led to it. I went with the best guess of typical police carelessness. And all I said was that it was a normal sight.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Policewoman(f): 9:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: Normal thing... 2.5million of tax payers money gone... grin

God bless us
I will recommend the basic option landrover defender for use of the Police in Nigeria, instead of these toy cars.

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Rooneyboy(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
ugoezeb: Yeah...if d story is true, d police nd d enugu state govt deserve kudos for a well done job. I think d damaged car is always part of d collateral damages in tackling crime... Thank God no life was lost.

#EnuguIsSafe

What r u saying

So as long as it was a Nigerian police that was in that vehicle, I don't give a damn if any life was lost.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Okijajuju: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Policewoman: I will recommend the basic option landrover defender for use of the Police in Nigeria, instead of these toy cars.

I recommended that as well on a previous thread on these kias..

Land Rover Defenders and Hilux SUVs.. All fitted with extended metal bumpers and fenders. And before being given to the Police, they should be trained in evasive driving, defensive driving and offensive driving..
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Policewoman(f): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju:

I recommended that as well on a previous thread on these kias..

Land Rover Defenders and Hilux SUVs.. All fitted with extended metal bumpers and fenders. And before being given to the Police, they should be trained in evasive driving, defensive driving and offensive driving..
Exactly. That has been recommended to the police ministry and the I.G but they are still footdragging because of funding issues.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2013
Look at the windscreen closely....there are bullet holes on it....looks like the police men were shot at and in the process lost control of the vehicle....

Policing job is a tough job.....No Easy Day.

May God protects the good men and women of the NPF

5 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Frosti(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2013
This kind of car should only be used by the police inside cities and not in the hinterland.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nuzo1(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2013
Policewoman: I will recommend the basic option landrover defender for use of the Police in Nigeria, instead of these toy cars.

1. There's no guarantee that this defender wouldn't crash beyond repair if put in the same situation.

2. Enugu state Government can only suppport the NPF as much as it can. After all, its the responsibility of the FG. Its not a state police.

3. Landrover defender is very expensive to purchase and to maintain.

4. Is Landrover defender bullet proof?

2 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Policewoman(f): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Nuzo':

1. There's no guarantee that this defender wouldn't crash beyond repair if put in the same situation.

2. Enugu state Government can only suppport the NPF as much as it can. After all, its the responsibility of the FG. Its not a state police.

3. Landrover defender is very expensive to purchase and to maintain.

4. Is Landrover defender bullet proof?
I agree with you and that is why i opted for the most basic option. Moreover, if there is a sort of agreement between our F.G and Rover to mass produce these cars, the costs will even be further reduced. The Indian police have been doing this with General Motors U.S, the makers of the Mahindra Legend Jeep.

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Prestonvic(m): 10:14am On Jun 11, 2013
Abali1: I can imagine the Police guy who was behind the wheels asking,
Na your papa property?
Na government property.

Thats it!
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by gerald09(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2013
feminancy: from the news i got the armed men was looking for a way out of the city after they snatched a white range sport 2014. but unlucky for them five police patrol suv car rounded them up then immediately the armed men open fire on the police car, and one of the car crashed inside a pit.
but the good news is that the 3 boys was arrested and now in police net.
Wow! I can see a movie in d making
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by mueller(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2013
grin
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by ugoezeb(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2013
Rooneyboy:

What r u saying

So as long as it was a Nigerian police that was in that vehicle, I don't give a damn if any life was lost.

these police men n women r smbdy's children nd also smbdy's parents. Dy risk dia life so that u can sleep wit ur 2eyes closed.

Anyways, weda u wish dm evil, dy r protected by blood of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Olamilec(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2013
feminancy: from the news i got the armed men was looking for a way out of the city after they snatched a white range sport 2014. but unlucky for them five police patrol suv car rounded them up then immediately the armed men open fire on the police car, and one of the car crashed inside a pit.
but the good news is that the 3 boys was arrested and now in police net.
Sometimes people make unnecessary noise about Nigeria Police while doing their lawful duty, they try as much as possible to make the country crime free and liveable for the citizenry but we never appreciate there effects forgetting most of us have families in her. No encouragement nothing whatsoever, the other day when they killed 54 police officers and 10 SSS personnel we rather celebrated the SSS men as heroes while police officers were left alone even some of them in the hospital were abandoned. N10m each for the SSS but I don't think there is any or N1m for them which I don't think will reach there hand. Still we want them to perform while not ask SSS to be performing police duty since they were well appreciated. Our Police Officers are appreciated with awards outside the country during peace keeping why can't we ask why is that? Abeg who talk say police no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try make him go sit down for toilet or take on there duty.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by bullyman36(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2013
Oh nooooo this policemen are back at what they know how to do
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2013
If they were pursing an innocent person, did any policeman die
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Henrypraise: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2013
I hate it wen pple argue like drunks, looking at dat pik, u will see bullet holes on d wind shield, dat enough tells u dat d police men were engaged in a gun battle or were shot at, I guess not all of des big mouths av heard a gun shot talkless of u bin shot at. If ur papa or hubby or broda or son na police or u grow up for warri, u go understand me. Kodus to d NPF u can destroy all d cars buh please rid d streets of dare devils.

2 Likes

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2013
soma042:

dude u guys are getting off the hook. the op said the armed men open fire on the police car when they have already been rounded up and the car ran inside a ditch , and you guys are rambling alcohol, iron car,armored tank and fragile jeep na waaaaa.
i witnessed the event my self you need to see the way this police handled the situation, it was like watching the old bond movie. the police blocked the whole street connecting other officers on their routing duty post with their mobile set and they finally rounded them up before the armed men started shooting sporadically.

thumb up police
were are the bullet holes. Dz tn is a case of someone who no roger 20 naira and got away but dem pursue'am and unfortunately 4 dem d guy na better driver wid a more rugged car
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva: What happened to the car?
Accident! undecided
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by soma042(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: This kind of car should only be used by the police inside cities and not in the hinterland.

clueless comment, anyway free speech sha.
go on
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2013
Well I will say the NPF, r not used 2 riding AC cars, so I think the officer driving it fell asleep n lost control. Now this gives me an insight y NPF patrol on pick up vehicles packed like Ewu behind.
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by igahdavid(m): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2013

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by soma042(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Movingcoil: were are the bullet holes. Dz tn is a case of someone who no roger 20 naira and got away but dem pursue'am and unfortunately 4 dem d guy na better driver wid a more rugged car

go to joke section
Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Denn(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2013
We should commend those police officers who decided to risk their lives just for us to be safe.

What is the economic cost of safety? Is a N2.5m car too costly to be expended on your safety?

If armed robbers know we have brave police officers and a supportive government, am sure they would think twice before attacking innocent citizens.

It is easy to sit behind a PC and type grub about how to defend and expend but the real heros are those guys who stay at checkpoints in the rain and in the sun when our family members are well tucked in within the homes we provide.

Let us support our country.

Let us support our security systems....thats all we've got.

1 Like

Re: New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed by Denn(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2013
dvdon: Well I will say the NPF, r not used 2 riding AC cars, so I think the officer driving it fell asleep n lost control. Now this gives me an insight y NPF patrol on pick up vehicles packed like Ewu behind.

This post does not encourage us to know what other things you 'think' about...nor are we interested in your further 'insights '

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Discovers Illegal Crude Oil Connection In Abia / Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara / Collabo Between Buhari And Amina Zakari Tighter Than Wizkid & Tiwa - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.