Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic (15242 Views)

LASTMA Officials Challenge Police Officers For Driving One Way (Photos) / House Of Reps Member Arrested For Driving Against Traffic / Driver & Soldier Arrested On 3rd Mainland Bridge Driving Against Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Guys, when ever I tell my friends that I fear police more than armed robbers n hired asserssin, they laugh thinking its a joke. I will rather run to armed rubbers for protection than to the Nigerian police; maybe in a police armed robber shoot out.

To hell with d phrase; police is ur friend its like saying "the assassin is ur friend"
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by blaise26abj(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2013
nadia_SA: Ooooh so poo like this happens in nigeria tooo... Na wa o ..the way u guys bash south africa one would think such doesn't happen in NG..
Smdh..

yeah. shake your dumb head. So if the guy was a south african, u guys won't bash nigeria? Ur police bludgeoned a nigerian to death and u are saying we shouldn't bash you?

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by lawrence500(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2013
This is a sad news, the issue of policemen in Nigeria (our country) its more than wht we can b discussing about, bcs, its not d responsibility of policemen to kill d citizen for no reason except been ordered to do so. Inshort, this policeman should b kill as well and suspects.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by dad007(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2013
Raiyo: Yesterday, i was coming back from Ikeja around 5pm, one very smelly and drunk rascal policeman , a misfit by all standards called me, his breath reeked of alchohol and his shirt had accumulated enough dirt to go round everyone in Lagos. He demanded for ID, i gave him, he then went on on to ask me what i was doing at that time of the day... dammit!, it was a bad experience because he tried to extort money from, i gave him the last 1k i had so i could walk free... accidental discharge dey fear me wel wel.

I hate them... 90% of them are retards.... na dis mumu quota dey mess us up.
not 90,BUT 99
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2013
DJTee:
Whenever you are stopped by a policeman in Nigeria, please roll down your glass, wear a big smile and let them know we are all stitched up in this mess together even if you're driving a Ferrari. Emphasis on wear a big smile.

RIP to the departed.

Always works like a charm. I've been preaching this to all my friends and family for years. In a lawless jungle like Nigeria, and anywhere else for that matter, charm and amiableness - or their semblances or affectations - are the most effective defences you have against ill-will and danger in the hands of ordinarily wicked or frustrated people that are in a position to cause you harm.

I can't remember the last time policemen asked me for my "particulars" and whatnot. Once they stop me, my countenance and disposition already assures them that 'this one na our person jare', and the next thing they say is 'oga, how weekend na, anything for us'? N200 and a few banters later, I'm on my jolly way.

Adopting a combative or arrogant attitude with these armed, poorly remunerated, unprofessional, and frustrated characters might land you in untold trouble - same principle applies to the brutes in the armed forces, as well as the urchins in LASTMA.

2 Likes

Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by dad007(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2013
Redoil: Police all over africa are the same from kenya to southafrica from nigeria to egypt.
YOU TALK LIE!
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by segunsun8: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2013
I will like to caution Lagos State Police PRO Ngozi Braide to always mind her comment, imaging her saying those killer were hired assassin in police uniform while their identity has been made known, it is unfair of her. On several occasions she has been mis-comment on important scene.
Moreover, Owode-Ajegunle police station and Ebute Ipakodo Police station(at Dangote Port) should also be curbed, everyday between 5.00pm to 7.00am they always disturb the motorist coming or going to Ikorodu. I will also advice IG to order that police who are not on special mission(RRS,SARS)should be using rubber bullet, even those on special mission with real bullet should be well trained and they should not be a drinking type as well not to collect money from anybody on the road, they are to just being station in strategic places.
In addition,those police officers from Niger delta area should not be given gun to handle at all(if at all let them be in Boko Haram zone to handle gun), one day one of them was telling me that he will kill me because i insisted we are not going to give them any money along Owode-Ibeshe road In Ikorodu, Lagos. RIP for the deceased. God save Nigeria.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by stuhporh: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2013
texaco1:
despite the fact that nigeria police are largely incompetent,if this eye witness account is true then the victim would have been shot by any police officer in the usa.
people must understand that the men is uniform are marked men and they dont know who is who.when they stopped him why didnt he roll down the glass and put off the engine?in the us if a police officer stops u ,u must put off the engine and place ur hands on the steering.we are in a period where police are killed in drive by shootings and most especially the nation is battling against a terrorist group which has been reported that it has expanded to the west.what was the guy doing with foreign passports?well that is not our issue.the victim asked for it.
anytime u are stopped by a police officer ,park well ,switch off ur car engine and talk to them politely,the victim did none ,they were talking to him he was smilling,he didnt roll down and neither did he switch off his car.
Are you Kidding me? this post is a joke right?
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Dibiachukwu: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2013
nadia_SA: Ooooh so poo like this happens in nigeria tooo... Na wa o ..the way u guys bash south africa one would think such doesn't happen in NG..
Smdh..
Do you see the reaction of Nigerians in this forum. How many of us have called the policeman an angel and codemned the foreigner for being a foreigner. That is the difference between us.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by 3kay945(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2013
this is a stale news undecided undecided
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Moji12(f): 11:48am On Jun 11, 2013
Na wa oooo,am jus scared to buy a car cos of dis animals arm robbers better pass dem afteral u already knw deir aim but policemen will jus leave dumbfounded embarassed
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by chessguru1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
shevon: Had a similar experience like Raiyo's. There was a day I had an appointment with my Optician in Aguda; immediately after the session, I left and went straight to the bus stop. As I was waiting for a cab, a team of policemen in a commercial bus stopped and asked me to explain what I was doing at the bus stop by past 11am in the morning, I told them I was just coming from a doctor's appointment. They insisted on searching the content of the cellophane bag with me (which contained some drugs and my glasses) and I obliged. They also said they had to check the content of my phone (despite showing them my ID) but I refused; by then people have starting gathering, including my Doctor, which was what actually gave me the courage to resist them carrying out the obnoxious act. If not, I sure say I for reach station or at least they'd drag me into their bus just for standing at the bus stop.
Tactless bunch of nitwits.
I finally understand why most people don't give a hoot if 100 police men are massacred by militants.
Really sad
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by chessguru1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Moji12: Na wa oooo,am jus scared to buy a car cos of dis animals arm robbers better pass dem afteral u already knw deir aim but policemen will jus leave dumbfounded embarassed
You know we have a problem when a policeman starts shouting @ another policeman, calling him an armed robber in the station.
Some policemen where posted to d village where I serve, and ended up being living in d same building with me.
Honestly, when I think about their conversations, they live a very wretched life.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: Very good job arresting the killer cops, but again why drive against traffic?

Death sentence for indiscipline is the fastest way to a saner Nigeria..In Rivers State, driving against traffic is legal as long as you have the police with you or you are driving a vehicle with green plates..
undisputednesta: tongue
did you guy not read the part of the article where it says,the road was closed for construction and it was allowed for drivers to go against traffic temporarily?who in this country will say they haven't driven against traffic especially with all or most of our roads in half state of construction?
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by ZACHIE: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
2-3months old story
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Policewoman(f): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
These are the type of people that give us a bad name. SMH.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by obi2012: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
White lie.. You watch too many movies

texaco1:
despite the fact that nigeria police are largely incompetent,if this eye witness account is true then the victim would have been shot by any police officer in the usa.
people must understand that the men is uniform are marked men and they dont know who is who.when they stopped him why didnt he roll down the glass and put off the engine?in the us if a police officer stops u ,u must put off the engine and place ur hands on the steering.we are in a period where police are killed in drive by shootings and most especially the nation is battling against a terrorist group which has been reported that it has expanded to the west.what was the guy doing with foreign passports?well that is not our issue.the victim asked for it.
anytime u are stopped by a police officer ,park well ,switch off ur car engine and talk to them politely,the victim did none ,they were talking to him he was smilling,he didnt roll down and neither did he switch off his car.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by ReubenAbati: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
The Nigerian Police force is a den of thieves in uniform. ALL of them. But then again, EVERY NIGERIAN is a THIEF by DEFAULT

Reuben Abati, 2001.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by deeptesting(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Shit do happen....fish the bad eggs and flush them out.....I was clapping for the Nigeria Police force today only to come and read this p**o here. I was at a crime scene this morning,where one of the suspects was apprehended and about to be lynched, called the police control/crime number and wow! They responded within 2 mins even before I dropped the call....RIP to the deceased.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by pkween(f): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
brownlord:

Abeg where you say the policeman for block you, make i go collect that 1k back, i need use am pass the police man right now
u are joker.IDI oSA IS THE PLACE. grin
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
texaco1:

Sometimes when I listen to the way some Nigerians talk I always wonder of its our leaders that really have problem or we the citizens that need to know our rights, Hear what just came out from ur mouth, in dt fucking USA u talking about if a citizen doesn't power-off his/her engine does it result to automatic bullet discharge, for God sake even if this person as evil motives there duty is to bring suspects in not kill them on the spot, please mind how u talk so u won't share d suffering of dose police men.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by adebayosun02: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
People aren't noticing on this forum the downward and vague defending of Nigeria police by this Police woman (Ngozi Braide), hear what she said on this matter, always trying to defend the police of their devilish and evil act.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by adebayosun02: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
ifeanyi83: ''However, the police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, had said the killers might have been hired killers in police uniform. She, however, confirmed that arrests had been made.''...this woman amazes me...

Am sorry, the woman is a big FOOL
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by adebayosun02: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
ifeanyi83: ''However, the police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, had said the killers might have been hired killers in police uniform. She, however, confirmed that arrests had been made.''...this woman amazes me...

Am sorry, the woman is a big FOOL so don't be amazed with what a fool says
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
[/quote]However, the police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, had said the killers might have been hired killers in police uniform. She, however, confirmed that arrests had been made.[quote]

N. Braide must be a student of Liar mohammed,Abati and Okupe cos she never fails to disappoint!
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Moji12(f): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
chess guru:
You know we have a problem when a policeman starts shouting @ another policeman, calling him an armed robber in the station.
Some policemen where posted to d village where I serve, and ended up being living in d same building with me.
Honestly, when I think about their conversations, they live a very wretched life.
u did wat?lived with policemen! Wow I really commend ur courage cos das quite dangerous I tell u.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Okijajuju: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
lorretta u: did you guy not read the part of the article where it says,the road was closed for construction and it was allowed for drivers to go against traffic temporarily?who in this country will say they haven't driven against traffic especially with all or most of our roads in half state of construction?

i did read the story, but my dear if you live in Port Harcourt, you will be frustrated by these gov and big men with Mopol that conveniently drive against traffic and fuucck up the traffic situation even worse. In Lagos, I noticed that it rarely happens.

Tis case is exceptional sha.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by kzokul(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
Uncivilized and barbaric policemen............SMH
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by homealone2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
The police is ur friend. lol
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Afam4evaIsASlut: 12:51am On Jun 12, 2013
texaco1:

Only a fellow Policeman will defend this heinous act. Is that your line of work?
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Afam4evaIsASlut: 12:54am On Jun 12, 2013
texaco1:
leave them ,they dont know anything.let them try that shitt in new york their brains will be blown off withing 30secs

Yes, there trigger happy cops, but Nigeria's is 1billion Xs worse. Plus, here at least the chances that you'll get justice is high as opposed to Nigeria.
Re: Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic by Cipriani(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Who can blame the police for the stupid acts they carryout all the time when the President himself is highly irresponsible. Looking at the level of corruption and the embezzlement of funds meant for the police force, one should not expect less from the police in respect to their animalistic behaviour. If police colleges were in good shape and cadets had proper training before becoming officers, we would not witness all these rubbish. How can a sergeant be collecting N25k -N30k as salary and we would not expect them be corrupt.

Until corruption stops in this country, we will never have a decent police force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: APC Governors On Their Way To PDP – Secondus / No Plans To Sell Lagos Trade Fair Complex – FG / Herdsmen In Oyo Reject State's Anti-grazing Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.