Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243457 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by AtorneyG: 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
I'm surely going 4 it thanks 2 U bros
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
A question for you all: If you had an option of going for either tecno N9 pad or samsung galaxy tab2 7", which would you go for? #honestanswers...
#clearancesales still going on...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
The review so far. Since I have used and owned Apple products, especially iTouch, I will review it wrt them.

Screen & Display
The body build is very good, especially given the price. It has a solid, sturdy feel. The screen is poor. After a day, despite my sincere efforts at keeping it safe whilst working it and searching for a screen protector and pouch, there were enough scratches. My Torch 1 screen is much better, despite falls and what not the screen is clean. A screen protector and pouch is a must with the tab. The display backlight isn't as good so it isn't clear where light is unlike other tabs which have are very clear. The display is good, real good and clear for its price.

Camera

The camera is decent, some dislike the lack of flashlight but I am not as bothered. The front and back are neat but I prefer my BB camera quality which IMO is better.

RAM, ROM

The RAM is 1GB. The games I've gotten so far run well. And given the good display I loved Angry Birds on it. Can run over 5 apps neatly. I ran a couple of games on it whilst reading PDF, browsing and playing music and it ran fine. The memory is about 12GB which is usual. The actual space onna flash is usually below the specs. I was expecting it to be about 14GB though.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Youngsage: A question for you all: If you had an option of going for either tecno N9 pad or samsung galaxy tab2 7", which would you go for? #honestanswers...

If I had enough bar that's a no-brainer. Tab 2 cheesy. Tecno's N9 is a budget tab. I was even planning on getting balogunsam's cheaper alternative tabs but Tecno stole the day.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by WCUB3(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Youngsage:
Like seriously?? Has better specs than samsung galaxy tab2 This must be the joke of the day! n9 that has no memory card slot in fact there isn't even any debate about which is better, it is obvious.
Now it's either you're an ill.iterate or a kid/obviously just seeking attention,
either way I've got no time to exchange banter with your type...

STILL AVAILABLE... GALAXY TABS FOR SALE, READ MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS smiley
Mr Sage do u even know anything about the Tecno N9 or you just trying to market your own product? Cos you sir are displaying ignorance here (no insult intended)
The tab has a mem card slot and can accept a max size of 32gb
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by WCUB3(m): 11:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Here's a link comparing both tabs so go figure
https://www.nairaland.com/1354569/samsung-galaxy-tab2-vs-tecno-phantom-pad#16733460

Youngsage: A question for you all: If you had an option of going for either tecno N9 pad or samsung galaxy tab2 7", which would you go for? #honestanswers...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by chinweceline(f): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls where is SLOT office in port harcourt, Definetly getting ds as a b.day gift 4 ♍Ɣ self, pls replu b4 saturday. I nid 2 spoil myself a little on ♍Ɣ day. Tanx n am waitng 4 reply plssss
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 1:23am On Sep 05, 2013
W-CUB3:

Mr Sage do u even know anything about the Tecno N9 or you just trying to market your own product? Cos you sir are displaying ignorance here (no insult intended)
The tab has a mem card slot and can accept a max size of 32gb
Calm down. I don't use the Tecno N9 tab, so I based my comments on user's opinion. Guess I was mis-understood a comment.
Thanks for the correction Mr W-CUB3. smiley Can see you are really a tecno enthusiast, but your first paragraph was not really necessary though...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 1:43am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

If I had enough bar that's a no-brainer. Tab 2 cheesy. Tecno's N9 is a budget tab. I was even planning on getting balogunsam's cheaper alternative tabs but Tecno stole the day.
Pls how much is Tecno N9? #mine are really cheap though & negotiable...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by WCUB3(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2013
Funniest part is I haven't even used any of their products but I believe in giving credit to whom its due smiley + the tab is beginning to interest me.
Youngsage:
Calm down. I don't use the Tecno N9 tab, so I based my comments on user's opinion. Guess I was mis-understood a comment.
Thanks for the correction Mr W-CUB3. smiley Can see you are really a tecno enthusiast, but your first paragraph was not really necessary though...

It ranges between 34 and 36k based on shop and location

Youngsage:
Pls how much is Tecno N9? #mine are really cheap though & negotiable...
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by daroz(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2013
What is this popup I am always getting on my N9 "unfortunately, launcher has stopped"?
It comes up whenever i try to exit a programm, it keeps on poping up and returning me to the same programm i tries to exit.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by MacEmeka: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2013
Youngsage:
Like seriously?? Has better specs than samsung galaxy tab2 This must be the joke of the day! n9 that has no memory card slot, in fact there isn't even any debate about which is better, it is obvious.
Now it's either you're an ill.iterate or a kid/obviously just seeking attention,

from what U've said so far it shows U've not even seen or explored the tecno N9 tab..because if u had u will know that it obviously comes with a memory card slot..We understand ur desperate to sell ur galaxy tabs .if u must say something abt the N9 make sure u have first hand info on the device. I own a tecno N9 tab and I can confidently say it has a MEMORY CARD SLOT !!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Youngsage:
Like seriously?? Has better specs than samsung galaxy tab2 This must be the joke of the day! n9 that has no memory card slot, in fact there isn't even any debate about which is better, it is obvious.

abeg u be noives and stop your stupidity
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by expensivestevie: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
TECNO HAS TECNO-ED ME O! HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

I came back to Nigerian for holiday from Ghana and saw this Tecno advert thingy here on NL and after carefully assessing user opinions, I went for the Tecno Tab. I posted a while ago about how I enjoyed the tab. I bought mine from Portharcourt and rooted it myself when I got back to Ghana. Now the Tecno has started showing itself o! It has refused to display anything on the screen since morning. When I plug via USB to my computer, It indicates that USB has been plugged but it doesn't display NADA...... Someone pls help...... This isnt funny at all...... As much as I have enjoyed the tablet, the thing is beginning to mess up...... can't say I didn't see this one coming. Somebody help pls
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Youngsage:

smh for you
just say you want to sell your Korean made Sammy.. there has been a lot of comparisons, benchmarks et al on this same nairaland between the two of them
n9 beats it hands down..no memory card slot on the n9? i laugh in Spanish and ibo, you know nofin mate! Better front and back cameras.. better speed..what more do you need to tell us your sammy is just selling the brand name?

stop dissing.. open another thread and sell your sammy..

bye!

grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
expensivestevie: TECNO HAS TECNO-ED ME O! HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

I came back to Nigerian for holiday from Ghana and saw this Tecno advert thingy here on NL and after carefully assessing user opinions, I went for the Tecno Tab. I posted a while ago about how I enjoyed the tab. I bought mine from Portharcourt and rooted it myself when I got back to Ghana. Now the Tecno has started showing itself o! It has refused to display anything on the screen since morning. When I plug via USB to my computer, It indicates that USB has been plugged but it doesn't display NADA...... Someone pls help...... This isnt funny at all...... As much as I have enjoyed the tablet, the thing is beginning to mess up...... can't say I didn't see this one coming. Somebody help pls

sure the screen wasnt tampered with?

take it to carlcare, they will surely fix it for you free provided you didnt do anything to it and you have warranty.. i just got my Phantom a+ from them after bricking it..

it was restored for me free of charge even though i rooted it and tampered with it thus voiding the warranty.

cheers
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The review so far. Since I have used and owned Apple products, especially iTouch, I will review it wrt them.

Screen & Display
The body build is very good, especially given the price. It has a solid, sturdy feel. The screen is poor. After a day, despite my sincere efforts at keeping it safe whilst working it and searching for a screen protector and pouch, there were enough scratches. My Torch 1 screen is much better, despite falls and what not the screen is clean. A screen protector and pouch is a must with the tab. The display backlight isn't as good so it isn't clear where light is unlike other tabs which have are very clear. The display is good, real good and clear for its price.

Camera

The camera is decent, some dislike the lack of flashlight but I am not as bothered. The front and back are neat but I prefer my BB camera quality which IMO is better.

RAM, ROM

The RAM is 1GB. The games I've gotten so far run well. And given the good display I loved Angry Birds on it. Can run over 5 apps neatly. I ran a couple of games on it whilst reading PDF, browsing and playing music and it ran fine. The memory is about 12GB which is usual. The actual space onna flash is usually below the specs. I was expecting it to be about 14GB though.

im sure it comes with screen protector
the one i saw in slot had factory installed screen protector
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
hustla:

im sure it comes with screen protector
the one i saw in slot had factory installed screen protector

Yes. But it is useless since it is branded with the Android Logo etc.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
If someone can tell me how to post pics without using attaching it on Naifaland (which has a low size limit) I'll post pics taken from my BB and Tecno N9 for comparison.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by physise(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: If someone can tell me how to post pics without using attaching it on Naifaland (which has a low size limit) I'll post pics taken from my BB and Tecno N9 for comparison.
use photoeditor to resize d pic
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by expensivestevie: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
hustla:

sure the screen wasnt tampered with?

take it to carlcare, they will surely fix it for you free provided you didnt do anything to it and you have warranty.. i just got my Phantom a+ from them after bricking it..

it was restored for me free of charge even though i rooted it and tampered with it thus voiding the warranty.

cheers

Just called calcare in Ghana, they said I should bring it 2mao...... I hope I would be as lucky as you cuz I sure have bricked mine. All I want is my lovely phantom pad back to normal. I'm sure they can fix it, my fear is that since my warranty is void, they might charge me.... I bought tecno cuz I know they've got offices in west africa...... Wish me good luck for 2mao man...... Bdw, how long did it take them to fix it
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by reflx(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
chinweceline: Pls where is SLOT office in port harcourt, Definetly getting ds as a b.day gift 4 ♍Ɣ self, pls replu b4 saturday. I nid 2 spoil myself a little on ♍Ɣ day. Tanx n am waitng 4 reply plssss
Slot's @ waterlines junction(barnax building) or get it @ callus miller -n artillery junction...cheaper there!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by reflx(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Very frustrating I tell you!but I simply went to this tech guys...they got a samsung galaxy 10.0 protector and replaced after removing the other one...and then cut to size...my screen is protected and no change in function...I posted this earlier..cost me abt #600!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by daroz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
daroz: What is this popup I am always getting on my N9 "unfortunately, launcher has stopped"?
It comes up whenever i try to exit a programm, it keeps on poping up and returning me to the same programm i tries to exit.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Dimextay(m): 2:08am On Sep 06, 2013
pls wat shuld i b seeing in d carton? im buying d n9 on saturday tnk u
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by zizky(m): 5:00am On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Point of correction. It has a factory fitted screen protector under the one with the logo.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Proffdada: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2013
reflx:
Very frustrating I tell you!but I simply went to this tech guys...they got a samsung galaxy 10.0 protector and replaced after removing the other one...and then cut to size...my screen is protected and no change in function...I posted this earlier..cost me abt #600!
congratulations! u r now using a screen protector on another screen protector. even the real screen is scratch resistant
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by daroz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Proffdada:
congratulations! u r now using a screen protector on another screen protector. even the real screen is scratch resistant
Scratch resistance as in n9 screen won't scratch?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Proffdada: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
daroz:
Scratch resistance as in n9 screen won't scratch?
Yep I tried pin razor knife scissors n gave testimonies
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by ITbomb(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Of course I will go for Samsung if given free. But I cant spend that amount on what I can get on Tecno at a lesser cost.
But I will prefer a Sony Tab if you are still interested in giving me free

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by haykay2005: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dimextay: pls wat shuld i b seeing in d carton? im buying d n9 on saturday tnk u
You will see Tecno n9 grin

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by sammoe(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb:
Of course I will go for Samsung if given free. But I cant spend that amount on what I can get on Tecno at a lesser cost.
But I will prefer a Sony Tab if you are still interested in giving me free

Ur preference in this scenario speaks volumes.
What if u r able to gt a Galaxy @a discounted price. still selling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (66) (Reply)

IOS Iphone Anyone? Find A Solution For Ur Iphones Here / How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.