Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243452 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by sammoe(m): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
The thing is this (no hate to techno/ its users) techno cannot & should not be compared with samsung; nt yet.
Give one/two years / a few more releases from techno.
If not for d price factor techno would'nt have a market. Now dt they do, a combination of time, improved debugging would ensure they r in d top echelon.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
zizky: Point of correction. It has a factory fitted screen protector under the one with the logo.

No, mine didn't. I know some came with screen protector and poych and hoped the same. When I didn't see it I asked a SLOT employee and was told they did it as an incentive for new customers. In the event, you just got yours and it came with a pouch and screen protector, count yourself lucky to have gotten it.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dimextay: pls wat shuld i b seeing in d carton? im buying d n9 on saturday tnk u

An N9 tab enclosed with a branded protector, a nice white earphone, a small manual, a warranty sticker and a quite bulky charger (relative to BB and iPhone chargers). I am not sure ypu'll get a screen protector or pouch which are a must for a tab. If you aren't lucky to get one with your N9 you can get an iPad screen protector, tell your seller to cut it for you and put it on a screen.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
Proffdada:
congratulations! u r now using a screen protector on another screen protector. even the real screen is scratch resistant

It isn't scratch-resistant dude. Do you happen to have bought ypur tab when it was initially released ? That was when they put screen protectors, as a market incentive.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Ossaifamous(m): 6:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
Tinyemeka: Handled the tab today. Aside the pic quality of the camera and the finishing of the back cover, I feel the device is a great bargain at the price it is being sold. They show no mercy. smiley Priced at N36,000. Umuahia.
pls what's wrong with d back oo
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by chinweceline(f): 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
sammoe:
Ur preference in this scenario speaks volumes.
What if u r able to gt a Galaxy @a discounted price. still selling.
Hw much are you selling. Reply asap pls wanna get one 2mw
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Yes. But it is useless since it is branded with the Android Logo etc.

Not that one
There's another one under
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
expensivestevie:

Just called calcare in Ghana, they said I should bring it 2mao...... I hope I would be as lucky as you cuz I sure have bricked mine. All I want is my lovely phantom pad back to normal. I'm sure they can fix it, my fear is that since my warranty is void, they might charge me.... I bought tecno cuz I know they've got offices in west africa...... Wish me good luck for 2mao man...... Bdw, how long did it take them to fix it

Good luck bro
Took it to slot cos that's where I bought my phone from..didn't tell them I rooted though.. Just act innocent Lil
It took slot 3 weeks. Took it there cos there was no carlcare close to me.I'm sure it would take less than that if I took it to tecno office myself
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Ossaifamous(m): 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
my questions
how is the battery
how is the performance ..hope e nor de hot like stupid infinix race bolt
how many of the gb is set aside for apps.
anyone installed supersu b4... rooting
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 12:16am On Sep 07, 2013
Ossai famous: my questions
how is the battery
how is the performance ..hope e nor de hot like stupid infinix race bolt
how many of the gb is set aside for apps.
anyone installed supersu b4... rooting

The battery is very good. For example, after a full charge overnight I ran the tablet and connected it to my bluetooth headset abd played games, listened to music, took pics etc and from between 10 am - 6pm and there was still about 30% battery left. This was yesterday. The day before that I intensely browsed with it, for over 4 hours starting from a 60% level and I still had a 20% level left.

Over 1GB is set aside for apps.

Performance is neat.

I don't do rooting. Even whilst using iTouch I hardly jailbroke, just once.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 12:17am On Sep 07, 2013
hustla:

Not that one
There's another one under

Bros, I no see SP under o ! Unless you do miracle turn glass to screen protector.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:45am On Sep 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Bros, I no see SP under o ! Unless you do miracle turn glass to screen protector.

Hustla is right. There's another screen protector under the one branded with the android logo.

It's not that noticeable but if you look very well at the edges of the screen, you'll notice the screen protector and it comes off if you try to peel it.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by sammoe(m): 8:45am On Sep 07, 2013
chinweceline:
Hw much are you selling. Reply asap pls wanna get one 2mw
47k. let's negotiate
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Manager264(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Questions for Techno N9 users:
(1) Does the tab has PDF document reader/editor feature?
(2) Can it effectively scan documents for e-mailing? How?
(3) Is it compatible with DSTV Drifter App?how much is the subscription?
(4) Since the tab lacks HDMI,how can one use it with LED Tv via USB? or can OTG usb work with the TV?
(5) What network data plan is most economical subscription for Android Tab generally?
I will appr quick response
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2013
Mac Emeka:
from what U've said so far it shows
U've not even seen or explored the
tecno N9 tab..because if u had u will
know that it obviously comes with a
memory card slot.... if u
must say something abt the N9 make
sure u have first hand info on the
device. I own a tecno N9 tab and I can confidently say it has a MEMORY CARD SLOT !!
If you read my previous comments where I admitted basing my opinions about the N9 tab on a user's comment on this thread, which was misunderstood, then all what you've said wouldn't have been necessary. Next time read pple's comments & replies before you start spewing obtuse rantings, thus exhuming issues which have already been laid to rest.
adegbem:
abeg u be noives and stop your stupidity
Mr man, it's 'novice' not 'noives'.
The magnitude of your stupidity is very alarming, this is evidently obvious!
Why not keep yourself busy by getting some proper education so as to avert any further jeopardy which may arise from your disheartening grammer.
My2cents

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2013
Manager264: Questions for Techno N9 users:
(4) Since the tab lacks HDMI,how can one use it with LED Tv via USB? or can OTG usb work with the TV?
(5) What network data plan is most economical subscription for Android Tab generally?

You can download acrobat PDF reader and many more from google play to read your PDF files.. There are a lot of readers to read ms word documents too
Scan documents how? Like read and attach the documents? Yes!
If the dstv drifter app works on other androids.. Yes it will work on it
Dunno about the HDMI..never cared about that but there should be a way to do it via the otg
Data plan.. You can use mtn night plan.. 4.5gig total at 2500 or Airtel 1.5/5gig plans..1500/3000

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hustla(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Hustla is right. There's another screen protector under the one branded with the android logo.

It's not that noticeable but if you look very well at the edges of the screen, you'll notice the screen protector and it comes off if you try to peel it.

To think I put another protector on my n3 that time looool
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by chinweceline(f): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2013
sammoe: 47k. let's negotiate : 08094843387.
Where do you base? Is it a new one?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2013
hustla:

To think I put another protector on my n3 that time looool

One can't be too careful. Till tech dudes come up with better holographic tech we gatz keep those screens spic.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2013
semid4lyfe:

After reading this I did what you wrote. There is a screen protector.I had to use a blade_carefully_ to peel it and return it back. Twas so neatly done I really thought it was the glass. Correct, sona only protector scratch. Thumbs up to Tecno. Not minding better screens, does Samsung come with SP ?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2013
semid4lyfe:

After reading this I did what you wrote. There is a screen protector ! I had to use a blade_carefully_ to peel it and return it back. Twas so neatly done I really thought it was the glass. Correct, so na only protector scratch. Thumbs up to Tecno. Not minding better screens, does Samsung come with SP ?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2013
Manager264: Questions for Techno N9 users:

I can answer questions 1, 2 and 4 and will post screenshots to back them up.

1. Yes. Download Adobe Reader and you are set to read and edit PDF's. I was particular about commenting and the Afobe Reader has it though it doesn't display comments as neatly as documents. I suspect you want to edit the PDF and not just add comments and Adobe Reader doesn't seem to do that. There should be other Android apps that can.

2. It can. Even BB's do that, how much more Androids ?

4. It has HDMI feature. You simply need the requisite cable.

Pictures coming up . . .

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2013
hustla:
smh for you
just say you want to sell your Korean made Sammy.. there has been a lot of comparisons, benchmarks et al on this same nairaland between the two of them
n9 beats it hands down..no memory card slot on the n9? i laugh in Spanish and ibo, you know nofin mate! Better front and back cameras.. better speed..what more do you need to tell us your sammy is just selling the brand name?

stop dissing.. open another thread and sell your sammy..

bye!

grin
smh for you too,
you are the one who's dissing! see the plain truth here
sammoe: The thing is this (no hate to techno/ its users) techno cannot & should not be compared with samsung; nt yet.
Give one/two years / a few more releases from techno.
If not for d price factor techno would'nt have a market. Now dt they do, a combination of time, improved debugging would ensure they r in d top echelon.
And This...
ITbomb:
Of course I will go for Samsung if given free. But I cant spend that amount on what I can get on Tecno at a lesser cost.
But I will prefer a Sony Tab if you are still interested in giving me free
Stop hating and face the facts! grin
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Youngsage: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2013
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by sammoe(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2013
chinweceline:
Where do you base? Is it a new one?
I'm in Lagos & it's brand new.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
More pics below . . .

Wait a bit.

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
@ Manager: I believe the pics show that tge tab does whatIclaimed. For low-level editing of PDF's you can see the edit button on the top right in one of the images. The scanning of files dialog box is shown in the pics above.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Manager264(m): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
[quote author=Uyi Iredia]

I can answer questions 1, 2 and 4 and will post screenshots to back them up.

1. Yes. Download Adobe Reader and you are set to read and edit PDF's. I was particular about commenting and the Afobe Reader has it though it doesn't display comments as neatly as documents. I suspect you want to edit the PDF and not just add comments and Adobe Reader doesn't seem to do that. There should be other Android apps that can.

2. It can. Even BB's do that, how much more Androids ?

4. It has HDMI feature. You simply need the requisite cable.

Pictures coming up . . .[/quote)
Thanks, I never knew it has HDMI,it's a key feature & it has never stated in all the gadget adverts I have seen. Can't wait to get one
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by UyiIredia(m): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
^ No probs. I happen to want a reply to 5. I wonder if etisalat which I got is cheap. I'll search Nairaland for threads on it. I think it should work with the Drifter app.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mcgboye(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
Etisalt is good. In fact, it's the best where I stay and in my office too. However, I use hotspot on my blackberry phone to connect the tab to the Internet. Etisalat biS comes with at least 3GB free, so you don't need to waste your money.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by gokiatech: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
for those that needs hazzle free rooting for their tecno phantom pad alias N9,go to these site https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gokiatech-Konsult/177149772321757.
check for our post of september 7.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by AtorneyG: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
I got mine yesterday it's cool though it's black so pls can smone tell me if theres black bcs i thought it's only white, i hope it's de real spec pls sm one shld clerify me thank's

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (66) (Reply)

IOS Iphone Anyone? Find A Solution For Ur Iphones Here / How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.