Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday (18896 Views)

‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Photo Of Bicyclists Taking Off From Daura To Abuja For The Inauguration May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2013
Dana airline should be banned for at least 304years. Though i must say dat it could happen with any plane, its God's grace dat abounds over everything, i just think dana has been cursed.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by BigStar1(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Virick(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Don't you know there are airlines or aircrafts with near perfect safety records?
That may be true, but what exactly will happen if, say, a flock of birds is ingested by all the engines of one of their aircrafts? or perhaps, a mid air collision due to errors of assorted origins? That is why i said "technological limitation". There are some things that no amount of safety practices can prevent.

Have you found a new technology or theory that can completely rewrite the current laws of aerodynamics?

Natural law exists well in advance of a human race's ability to discover/recognise them, understand them and then name them. Thus your current dogma's of "laws of physics" as propounded by the Quackademia based on their limited and arrogant non-understanding is a shackle you will need to break out of if you desire the gory air crashes to become a thing of the past. The question is not whether "i have found" anything, it is if you are willing to unlearn everything you have been taught.

Fossil fuel (apart from nuclear) is the only thing capable of generating the explosive power/energy enough to power massive aircraft engines, and still be time efficient.

That is what the established fraternity of Oil moguls and their henchmen in the class rooms will have you believe. They must sell oil after all, mustn't they??

Tell me because what you are saying here is you have a better idea than what is currently available.
Why is that impossible for you to believe?? The false science MAN has been taught in schools is the limitation, not the technological possibilities i am hinting.

Let me start you off on a journey that will test your capacity to recognise something new and powerful when it bites thee on thy butt.

Look-up a website called "Keshe foundation" by a man call Mehran Tavakoli Keshe. Start from there. See how you feel.

50calibre:

What the hell is this? Don't you know there are airlines or aircrafts with near perfect safety records? Have you found a new technology or theory that can completely rewrite the current laws of aerodynamics?

Fossil fuel (apart from nuclear) is the only thing capable of generating the explosive power/energy enough to power massive aircraft engines, and still be time efficient. A solar plane was tested in the US few weeks ago, but it was very light weight and slower than a car.

Tell me because what you are saying here is you have a better idea than what is currently available.

cheers.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by dasparrow: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Boeing412: Dana Air Almost Killed Me Yesterday

Here's my personal experience with Dana yesterday....passengers beware o!

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

Everyone on board thought it was the end of our sojourn here on earth!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

Dana should b grounded til they stop "managing" planes.

Nigerians like you need to stop patronizing them and they will gradually close shop. You know Nigerian government only cares about its pocket. How can you be so silly to patronize an airline whose plane crashed a year ago and who is yet to give monetary compensation to all the families of the victims who perished in that crash?
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by lucarella: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2013
This is really unfair. Dana Air has replied and dismissed the claims. Well, d dude has gotten his little minutes of fame.

[b]Our attention has been drawn to an online report suggesting that a Dana Air aircraft had an air return shortly after take-off from MMA2 on Monday, 10th June,2013.

Firstly, we wish to state that this report is false and totally misleading. As can be verified by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the National Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), at no time was a faulty Dana Air aircraft airborne. The flight crew on flt.9J-357 on the said date, upon noticing a snag on the aircraft, cancelled the flight in line with global best practices and called for a replacement aircraft which eventually ferried all 44 guests to Abuja safely.

Secondly, we wish to clarify that while aircraft in the service of local and international airlines do experience snags, they are not returned to service until the reported snags have been rectified and the aircraft recertified by the regulatory authority; this is the standard practice globally. For the records too, Air Returns are not uncommon in the global aviation industry and, when they occur, are done as a precautionary safety measure.

At Dana Air, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is a priority and we would continue to go the extra mile to deliver reliable, world-class air transport services to our esteemed guests.

Thank you.

Dana Air Management[/b]

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Pergrace: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2013

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

playah P:

Once a plane hits its rotate speed, it must take off oooh...... This story false

My thought as well...If a plane suddenly comes down due to failure in taking off,that means it will over shoot the runway at that speeed ohhh.Except the plane took off and the pilot has to take some time to land back at the airport.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by vivebaby(f): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2013
This dana air of a thing,always having one problems or the other.nawaooo
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by luckarub(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
The National Assembly said that u have the power to sue any airline on grounds of delay flight or flight cancellation. So what are u waiting for to sue them and collect your ransom. Unless your story is not correct or is untrue, even if they put you in another plane, but for as long you can prove any form of delay

wellmax:

Topic has been adjusted. Thumbs up MOD
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nastyhatty(f): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry this guys should be out of business b4 history repeats its self. I doubt if those family of last year have recovered cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Akainzo(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't mind flying with KLM, Luftansa or British Airways to any location in NIgeria. These Nigerian owned airlines are scary. Foreign airlines should be allowed to fly local.

You can google to find out how many crashes these airlines you listed have had, much more than Dana yet you can fly them. Nonsense!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by jpphilips(m): 9:44am On Jun 14, 2013

are you sure it took off then came down? were your eyes shut? (cos i know people who close their eyes while taking off and landing), maybe it taxied for a while then made a turn around, your story sounds hollywood to me. no offense on your efforts.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by downdraft: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to see if anyone has heard about the updates from the NTSB regarding the Dana Airlines Crash last year? My friend Captain Pete Waxton was flying the jet. If there hasn't been an official report, there must be some problems. Let me know.

Regards,

Downdraft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Trained On Counter I.E.D Measures Abroad / Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m / Yul Edochie: I Will Defeat All Candidates In A Free & Fair Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.