Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help (1404 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain / Men Do Not Respond To Crying Babies But Women Do: Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by shevon: 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
Need a good laugh today? (C'mon, we all do.) I couldn't help but crack a smile after hearing about a dad in Germany who called the cops for help because his babies wouldn't stop crying.

Yes, this really happened.

The poor dude was home alone caring for his twin 5-month-olds and a 2-year-old, and when he couldn't get his wife on the phone to help, and was unable to stop the kiddos from crying on his own -- he broke down and called the police out of pure desperation.

(OMG. Are you loving this story, or what?)

Wait, it gets better.

Instead of hanging up on him or getting all bent out of shape that he was wasting their time over crying babies, the cops actually listened to him, and even offered some tips for how to deal with the situation. (Aww!)

Um, this is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever heard! I wish I could've been a fly on the wall in that house when he made the call, because you know those babies must have been really wailing if he felt the need to get the police involved.

I left my husband alone with our son countless times when he was an infant, and luckily, I never got a panicked phone call from him, and to my knowledge, he never called anyone else for assistance either.

But I do recall one time when I was away on an overnight trip, he admitted putting our son to bed an hour or two earlier than normal. I never really said anything to him about it, but I'm assuming he'd had enough and figured ending the day early would save him a little bit of sanity.

Oh well, at least I didn't come home and find a police cruiser in my driveway.

Has your husband ever called you or anyone else for help with the baby?

Source: http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/148452/dad_gets_overwhelmed_by_his

Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by fulli16(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
hilarious
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by Merkki(f): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
How is this funny? undecided
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by sholay2011(m): 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
Merkki: How is this funny? undecided
Who killed your sense of humour? undecided
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Much better for him to call and ask for help then do some crazy things to his kids. And we all know how some people will literally freak out and harm their child! I take this story as a dad who really loves and cares, but had no clue!

1 Like

Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by trekkie: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovely story. tickling the funny bone and tugging the heart strings at the same time. grin smiley
refreshing among all the horror stories on NL these days.
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by Daresh(f): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
I remember calling the hospital in tears when my first baby tried to kill me. He had cried non stop for 5 hrs and I was ready to kill hi. I swear these kids can kill someone.
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by trekkie: 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^^ ha ha ha cheesy
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by dominique(f): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2013
Thank God he didn't put them in the freezer or toss them out of a tenth storey window.

3 Likes

Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
Had it been a woman,this would hv made front page with 10 pages and enof names to crucify her but as it is na man so its seen as a funny thing to joke with.
Nansense!
Re: Dad Gets Overwhelmed By His Crying Babies & Calls The Cops For Help by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Had it been a woman,this would hv made front page with 10 pages and enof names to crucify her but as it is na man so its seen as a funny thing to joke with.
Nansense!

C'mon, sis! It's just harmless humour. grin Hope all's well with you and the family. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Do You Hoard? / How Do You Feel And What Do You Do When You Have Constipation / At What Age Does Parent Need To Stop Flogging Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.