Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain (2469 Views)

Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) / Hilarious Photo Of Groom’s Father Watching His Son Rock His New Bride / Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Her Neighbor’s 2-yr-old Son From Entering Her Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by OgamadamTv(f): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
A touching photo of a drenched dad using his umbrella to shield his son from a downpour has gone totally viral.

The New York City father’s clothes are completely soaked as he covers his son with the umbrella.

I bet some Nigerian dads will never think of doing this. some will even justify their action of using the umbrella while you get soaked and say 'tough times build character and toughens you up'
lol...

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by kilokeys(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
OgamadamTv:
A touching photo of a drenched dad using his umbrella to shield his son from a downpour has gone totally viral.

The New York City father’s clothes are completely soaked as he covers his son with the umbrella.

I bet some Nigerian dads will never think of doing this. some will even justify their action of using the umbrella while you get soaked and say 'tough times build character and toughens you up'
lol...

Your dad will never do such..

My dad would.. Even at his age.

Eehya.. Why didnt u walk into an orphanage and ask for help if u had it that bad?

#nigerian men are real men

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Utchgirl(f): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2015
D dad shld hv carried d baby,and use d umbrella 4 d two of dem naah......
Using one stone 2 kill two birds.

Unless dt pix is 4 anoda tin.

4 Likes

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by nnamdibig(m): 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Utchgirl:

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by eyinjuege: 7:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Awwww. How sweet. Fathers are the best, not talking of those from hell o.
The love of a parent over a child can't be quantified.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by IamGabby: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
smiley
My dad would do dis for me and even much more....he's really been the second pillar I have after God.....God bless my dad with long life so he'll eat of my hustle{Amen}.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by CecyAdrian(f): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
kilokeys:

Your dad will never do such..

My dad would.. Even at his age.

Eehya.. Why didnt u walk into an orphanage and ask for help if u had it that bad?

#nigerian men are real men

Y ar u so bitter. Y attack d poster. If ur dad is dat gud gudluck to u bt dia are a lot of men out dia who do not care of dia kids. Accept dat and kip it in mind.
Dat urs is gud does not mean evry one's dad is lik dat!. A lot of kids are deprived parental love.

because urs is gud means d whole world is cool

How selfish of u boy!

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Mznaett: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Y ar u so bitter. Y attack d poster. If ur dad is dat gud gudluck to u bt dia are a lot of men out dia who do not care 4 dia kids. Accept dat and kip it in mind.
Dat urs is gud does not mean evry one's dad is lik dat!

God bless you

But hey! My dad does more than this
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by ToroJah: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
cry cry cry

I hate mine!!!
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by yougosee: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Utchgirl:

Can you stop for a moment and consider the weight of that child? You want the dad to bear that weight for a distance you & I have no idea about but that the dad knows? Carrying a baby alone is tasking speakless of that child. The dad took the best option, I think grin

Kilokeys most Nigeria men may not do this please.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by yougosee: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
ToroJah:
cry cry cry

I hate mine!!!
Hello Sweetie but why? cry
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by cococandy(f): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2015
yougosee:

Can you stop for a moment and consider the weight of that child? You want the dad to bear that weight for a disance you & I have no idea about but that the dad knows? Carrying a baby alone is tasking speakless of that child. The dad took the best option, I think.

You mean they'd cover themselves and leave the child to soak?
I don't believe that joor.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by yougosee: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
cococandy:

You mean they'd cover themselves and leave the child to soak?
I don't believe that joor.
No dear, they cover themselves half and cover the kid half. They both get soaked. They seem to think it's a fair deal that they both share the umbrella grin

3 Likes

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by CecyAdrian(f): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mznaett:

God bless you

But hey! My dad does more than this

Thanks dear.
Mine was never around.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Mznaett: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
CecyAdrian:

Thanks dear. Mine was taken 4rm us vry early.
Ehyasad
I want to believe you guyz were able to catch~up with life early?Right?
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by CecyAdrian(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mznaett:

Ehyasad

I want to believe you guyz were able to catch~up with life early?Right?

nah.

Bt it's ok.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by jnrbayano(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2015
What is there in a man shielding his child from the rain? Does one deserve an applause for doing what he supposed to do?

Which father wouldn't do that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2015
yougosee:

No dear, they cover themselves half and cover the kid half. They both get soaked. They seem to think it's a fair deal that they both share the umbrella grin
hahaha

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Jennydoris(f): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2015
Nigerian dad will do even more better. A Nigerian father wouldn't allow you to walk under the rain. He will carry the child and hold the umbrella or he will take the child to a shelter and wait for the rain to stop.

3 Likes

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by lilmax(m): 7:20am On Sep 16, 2015
Tell him to use his no.6

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Pidggin(f): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2015
Since he didn't mind getting soaked he should have just given the umbrella to the child.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Utchgirl(f): 9:17am On Sep 16, 2015
yougosee:

Can you stop for a moment and consider the weight of that child? You want the dad to bear that weight for a distance you & I have no idea about but that the dad knows? Carrying a baby alone is tasking speakless of that child. The dad took the best option, I think grin

If this is d mother,she wuld hv carried d child no mata d child's weight and d distance and use d umberalla 4 d two of dem .Whn she is tired, she can rest for some mins and ctnue wit dia journey.This is where mothers shows dia motherly care most. Seems u dnt knw dt d BOND between a mother and child is very strong.Stronger dan Covalent bonding..Lollzz.

He jus did dt because he is a man. Most men r nt used 2 child carrying,dt's why he gave d child d umberalla. I'm nt saying dt fathers dnt show care.

If it's an African woman,she wil tie d child @ her back and make use of d umberlla 4 d 2 of dem.

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by ToroJah: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2015
cry
yougosee:
he abandoned us when I was a yr old cry
yougosee:
he abandoned us when I was a yr old
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by yougosee: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Utchgirl:

If this is d mother,she wuld hv carried d child no mata d child's weight and d distance and use d umberalla 4 d two of dem .Whn she is tired, she can rest for some mins and ctnue wit dia journey.This is where mothers shows dia motherly care most. Seems u dnt knw dt d BOND between a mother and child is very strong.Stronger dan Covalent bonding..Lollzz.

He jus did dt because he is a man. Most men r nt used 2 child carrying,dt's why he gave d child d umberalla. I'm nt saying dt fathers dnt show care.

If it's an African woman,she wil tie d child @ her back and make use of d umberlla 4 d 2 of dem.
Of course dear, that is what a mother would do. I was referring to the men of Naija. (Most)
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by yougosee: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
ToroJah:
cry

Big big hugs cry
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by raumdeuter: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
And if he carries the child where would he put the bag?

He did the most sensible which most fathers would do
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
OgamadamTv:

I bet some Nigerian dads will never think of doing this.

some will even justify their action of using the umbrella while you get soaked and say 'tough times build character and toughens you up'
lol...

Some American dads would never think of doing this either. What's your point?

It is good reasoning, actually. I remember, as a child, when my father came to pick us from school and it started raining without warning and we didn't have an umbrella, we kept walking. I'm not dead, neither have I been afflicted with pneumonia or related ailments. And, yes, tough times do build character and toughen people up. So, I'd score Nigerian fathers high on wanting to achieve that. wink

1 Like

Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by ahnie: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Was that what your mum told you?
ToroJah:
cry

And hav you ever bothered to hear his reasons?ayam not justifying his actions tho.
Re: Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain by tpiander: 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
ToroJah:
cry

dont blame everything about your life on your father.

Obama's dad also wasnt there when he was growing up.

no doubt things would be more difficult in a place like Nigeria, but you should try to move forward from this fact at some point.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Delivers 17 Babies At A Time. (photos) / A House Or A Car.......which Should I Buy First?? / 6 Things To Always Keep Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.