Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery (2331 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Britain's Biggest Family Just Got Bigger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by mum2(f): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
I have posted this to the health session, but I have yet to see any respond. My 5yrs old son was just treated for malaria. Though he has lost so much of weight and energy as a result. He is now better. But I discover that his stomach became bigger suddenly without coming down to normal shape again. I tried to deworm him, yet no physical improvement. Pls help. What else can I do? And what can cause this? I know we have many experience parents in the house. Thanks for your positive respond.
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by biolabee(m): 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
what did the doctor say..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by baby124: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
My God, please get a second opinion and please speed to LUTH or a good private hospital. This is strange.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by ifyalways(f): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2013
What anti-malarial drugs was he treated with?abdominal bloating could be a side effect. undecided

Please,take him back to the doctor asap.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by greatgod2012(f): 2:43am On Jun 12, 2013
Madam, please, may God bless you, i guess and believe that, this is not the appropriate place to ask what is wrong with your child, take him back to the hospital ASAP for proper diagnosis, evaluation and treatment.
Children are precious jewels that shouldnt be joked with, their health is so important beyond that.
I pray that, may God protect him and grant him speedy recovery IJN, and for you, may your effort on him never be in vain. Amen.
IT IS WELL.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Jun 12, 2013
Please take your child to the ER as soon as possible, looking for solutions online does not sound wise to me.
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by mum2(f): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2013
@biolabee, baby_123, ifyalways, greatgod2012, Roland17. Thanks and thanks for your love and contribution. We are heading back to the hospital right aways. Thanks for your parenting advise. You people are the best
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by biolabee(m): 7:59am On Jun 12, 2013
mum2: @biolabee, baby_123, ifyalways, greatgod2012, Roland17. Thanks and thanks for your love and contribution. We are heading back to the hospital right aways. Thanks for your parenting advise. You people are the best

It is well... I am sure it will be nothing by His Grace...
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Madam,ask questions when u reach hospital.if its the same hospital, insist that they tell u what happened cos ur baby stomach just swelled up after taking what they gave u. Infact, accuse them of giving u expired drug,that is when u will c reactions. Threaten them and shout down d roof cos I will do that if its me or else, they will deny any wrong doing.just keep ur eyes wide open.at least an explanation is needed.

It is well,nothing will happen to ur baby.goodluck dear.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hello dear,how is ur pretty one?
Hope he is ok now. What happened to him.
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by mum2(f): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2013
@ Yellowpawpaw, thanks. The doctor checked his stomach and said nothing is there. She (i.e. the female medical doctor) was even surprice that it's not paining him. She said it was the drugs and the injections that reacted to his body. She promised that he will be better (i.e. the stomach will come down naturally on its own). He can eat normally, play, walk, active etc. Only that it just swell up. She didn't even recommend anything. She ask us to bring him back next week if it has not be reduced. Although I have also notice that it has been reduces gradually. I'm still watching him. Also, I discover that he occasionally talks, shout, shake from his sleep at night since last week that he has been receiving treatment. I guess it is the effect of malaria on him. God bless u once again yellowpawpaw and to everybody that view this page and make some contributions. You are just too wonderful
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by greatgod2012(f): 3:26am On Jun 14, 2013
mum2: @ Yellowpawpaw, thanks. The doctor checked his stomach and said nothing is there. She (i.e. the female medical doctor) was even surprice that it's not paining him. She said it was the drugs and the injections that reacted to his body. She promised that he will be better (i.e. the stomach will come down naturally on its own). He can eat normally, play, walk, active etc. Only that it just swell up. She didn't even recommend anything. She ask us to bring him back next week if it has not be reduced. Although I have also notice that it has been reduces gradually. I'm still watching him. Also, I discover that he occasionally talks, shout, shake from his sleep at night since last week that he has been receiving treatment. I guess it is the effect of malaria on him. God bless u once again yellowpawpaw and to everybody that view this page and make some contributions. You are just too wonderful

it is well with your son IJN, just in addition to what the doctor said, let him drink a lot of water everyday, it'l help to wash away every strange things in his body, also, let him take more fruits than all those junks(biscuits,candies, processed fods,etc). It helps.
It is well with you and your son.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by mum2(f): 8:29am On Jun 14, 2013
@ greatgod2012, thank you very much for your motherly advise and care. You and your family are forever blessed, in Jesus name.
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2013
Relieved! I thank God.
U know,children r so tender that any wrong move will be disastrous.
Madam,I react to malaria drugs a lot.at one point after taking one, I was behavin like semi mad woman until I was givin...hv forgoten d name of that drug.later I did blood culture.tru that d best one my body can tolerate was giving to me
I will advice u to go back to d hospital later,do blood test for him so that d drug that well suits his body will be known and d alternatives.
We learn everyday.
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 14, 2013
CC,I agree with what u just said.
Pple don't ask ?s and doctors don't supply d much needed answers.as for me,I will drill u with ?s that u will be so pissed off and mad at me.
Not long ago,I took my baby for his routine immunization stuff.vitamin A.hubby came back and asked" Is dis baby head ok,it looks as its swelling up"(that soft open spot on d head).the next mornin,c my baby head.so big like a very big boil. I rushed to d hospital.d first thing I asked was whether d drug has expired.at first they were tryin to show me that their attitude(we know our duty,bla bla bla) and that pissed me off.by d time I hv issued severe warnin to them, nobody told them to bring out everything.both d empty bottles in d dustbin!
A peadiatrician said it was boil. Infact most nigerian doctors r useless.d whole hospital doctors were experimentin with my baby. All of them said d swellin was not connected with d vit A.I insisted it was.I asked google and found out d vit A was d cause.I called d hospital were I put to bed and after explainin what happnd,d woman confirmed my fear.his body rejected d vit A.(Oyibos r 2 much)
She told me what to do over d phone and I did it.case closed.
Hd already spent more than 30k and d hospital want to put us on antibiotics for 7 days had I not kicked against it.one if not d best hospital in town.
Nigerian doctors,I no get their time.
We r so afraid and weak where we r supposed to shine our eyes and parrot where we r to keep quite

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: Placenta Buyers On The Prowl - A Must Read / 8 Powerful Tips To Make Your Cooking Gas Last Longer / I Feel Like Letting Out My Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.