Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! (39767 Views)

Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) / Man Faints As DNA Shows His 4 Kids Belong To Neighbours / Househelp Cleans Her Vagina With Napkin, Then Wipes Her Boss' Dishes With It:Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Mystical888: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2015
Hello House,

I'm in a dilemma concerning my househelp and Nanny.

I've noticed she has developed a relationship with the neighbours which I'm not comfortable about.

She isn't a live in hand but has been with us for 2 years now.
She is a woman in her early 40s, a Yoruba Christian who stays not too far from my place.

She helps with housechores when we are away at work.
Her job role is to:-

(1) prepare the kids and take them to school every morning.

(2) Return to the house and do housekeep.

(3)Take the kids home after school hours.

(4)Prepare lunch for them and help them with their home work.

Her hours of work is between 7am and 7pm when she resigns to go to her house.

My daughter has told me how they've gone twice to watch TV next door in the home of both neighbours. (Nanny took them there).

Should I be worried about this development or is it part of the growing up phase for the kids?

Seems she isn't challenged enough with the workload and what does she do when she's at the neighbours.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Zehner(f): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2015
Don't you have TV in your house? Time to look for another Nanny abeg or try extended care in schools.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Oppy4God(f): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2015
sit her down and talk to her .explain what u want to her or she face resignation.

28 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by kweenkong(f): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2015
I wouldn't be comfortable if I were you too. Tell her you don't like it . This is a job and as such she shouldn't be fraternising with your neighbour
in fact she has no business with Ur neighbour on your paid time. Dont know your kind of neighbours but I bet you they every little detail about Ur life and family. if I was Ur neighbour I wouldn't allow such but that is me. don't condone it at all and start thinking of a replacement if she doesn't stop.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by luba9876: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2015
if the nanny/househelp does all of these, then what do you do for children as a parent? do you think it's easy being lonely, having no one around to atleast say hi? I feel you only need to warn her on discussing your family issues with outsiders.

191 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by babythug(f): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Mystical888:

Hello House,

I'm in a dilemma concerning my househelp and Nanny.

I've noticed she has developed a relationship with the neighbours which I'm not comfortable about.

She isn't a live in hand but has been with us for 2 years now.
She is a woman in her early 40s, a Yoruba Christian who stays not too far from my place.

She helps with housechores when we are away at work.
Her job role is to:-

(1) prepare the kids and take them to school every morning.

(2) Return to the house and do housekeep.

(3)Take the kids home after school hours.

(4)Prepare lunch for them and help them with their home work.

Her hours of work is between 7am and 7pm when she resigns to go to her house.

My daughter has told me how they've gone twice to watch TV next door in the home of both neighbours. (Nanny took them there).

Should I be worried about this development or is it part of the growing up phase for the kids?

Seems she isn't challenged enough with the workload and what does she do when she's at the neighbours.
See if you can add more chores maybe that will curb the idle time.

Have a word with her too and firmly express that you don't want that.

Begin to explore back up nanny options.

Don't let her know your daughter gave you the information

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by yomi007k(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2015
Those people aint Robots.

They need 2 mingle wt other ppl or else depression gona creep in.

So long as she does her job well n does no harm, I don't think dts a big deal.

45 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by ambient: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
all you women up there advicng her to sack her or give her extra load are wicked what happened to simple telling her not to go there.wicked housewives

172 Likes 9 Shares

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by ghostdvirus(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Barselonia(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
I never like the idea of a nanny take care of my children when I give birth sha....... na Which kind work the woman is doing that to take of her children is not allowed......

I pray Dey don't abuse your children. ...

respect to my mum. ......

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
you don't have TV or cable TV in your house?

Cause that could be a lie she asked your daughter to cook up for you in other to hide other things that could pose as a danger.

Are your neighbours Christians?

If they are not, what kind of relationship do you have with them?

These are questions you should ask yourself before taking action

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
Rewrite terms of engagement, get her busier and pay her more.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by mznuez(f): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Send her parking
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by damton(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
U should be very worry. she could expose your kids to unnecessary exposure. besides, it's out of d dictates of her job. summon her to other

1 Like

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by raayah(f): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
The Nanny is your employee. She is working for you.

You pay her from 7am to 7pm to take care of your kids.

Sit down with her and be firm. Tell her that you do not want her taking your kids to anyone's home when she's working for you. Make sure she knows that you are very unhappy with that attitude.

In short, tell her that there might be consequences for her actions.

If she is bored, she can take the kids for a walk or watch TV in the house.

9 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by debris: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
T
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by HireKiller(m): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
You worry too much.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by adonbilivit: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
are ur kids under house arrest? are your neighbours going to pose bad influence to ur kids?

8 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by steffans(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
That's why it's important for at least a parent should be responsible for their children's upkeep and growing up..

Rather than feeling career righteous..

Sacrifices makes a family whole..

I didn't say don't go back to work..
Let the kids grow to a certain age b4 u go back to work..

6 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by Islie: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
You worry to much

1) do you have TV in your home and what kind of program is she going to watch there

2) Your neighbor.... Are they the accommodating one or not

3) What kind of relationship have you with your neighbour that you....

4) are your neighbour the sit at home type or a worker

5) If your nanny is the talking type..... She will mingle with the neighbour no matter how much you try

6) do you discuss your family problems or what goes on within that you became scare

7) what time do you have for the kids when you leave home 7am and come back 7pm.... Don't you have weekends with them?

If you feel uncomfortable
Talk with her.....
At least she does all her work and keep your children well

6 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by dotna(m): 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Relax no big deal
Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm!
Why do I get d feelin dat diz thread iz 4 MILFs & dey aah commentin too?

Messrs 9 inch OZAOEKPE, Messrs Dicktator, Messrs Bornto Bleep & oda pervs, make una come oo!

#exits thread & vanish#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by adonbilivit: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
raayah:
come back and make sense

1 Like

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
Talk to her about it.. #Simple.

Don't go main life unnecessarily tough for her.

Maybe she is now friends with the neighbours help or something.

Sit her down and have a chat with her as that's the mature thing to do. Don't go and start piling up more jobs for her to do as that may make her feel some kind of way anf take it out on your kids.

If after the chat she continues in her ways, simply fire her.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by raayah(f): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
steffans:
That's why it's important for at least a parent should be responsible for their children's upkeep and growing up..

Rather than feeling career righteous..

Sacrifices makes a family whole..

I didn't say don't go back to work..
Let the kids grow to a certain age b4 u go back to work..

How will they feed kids if they are not working??

5 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by dominique(f): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
I personally don't see anything wrong if she pops in to say hi to the neighbours once a while as long as the neighbours are decent people. Still you should sit her down and map out her job description for her. I don't like the idea of burdening her with extra chores, she is human being not a donkey.

18 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by mascot87(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Don't be jealous young woman.

1 Like

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by mployer(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Love your neighbors..

Be practical about it smiley

4 Likes

Re: When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! by chicobaddest(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Human beings are social in nature,you can't expect her to be on her own through out the day

If you Aint comfortable with it,you can talk to her, and if she refuses to stop you are free to do all the work on your own

Period! grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Group Of Divorced Nigerian Women Celebrate Initiation Of New Members (Pix) / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.