Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? (4695 Views)

Two Party State Is Best For Nigeria / Two-party Or Multi-party System, Which Way Forward Nigeria? / Some 'Experts' Are Advocating A Two-party System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Ptimes: 6:57am On Jun 12, 2013
The Chairman, Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on House Services and Special Duties, Ipoola Omisoore, has said that the multi-party system adopted by the nation was detrimental to its democracy.

Mr. Omisoore said in Lagos on Tuesday that a two-party system was best for the country.

Lagos State is preparing to mark the 20th anniversary of the June 12 1993 Presidential election, conducted under a two-party system.

The 1993 election was believed to have been won by the late Moshood Abiola of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), who contested against a candidate of the National Republican Convention (NRC).

Mr. Omisoore (ACN-Ifako-Ijaiye I), added that the multi-party system presently adopted in the country would allow for “political prostitutes”, which he said would affect the nation’s democracy.

He explained that only a two-party system could bring “a replica of a free and fair election like that of June 12, 1993 presidential election”.

“If only the country can return to the two-party system, it will allow us to have the type of election we desire.

“Two-party system will eradicate ethnic coloration and religious sentiment, just like it did on June 12, 1993,” he said.

Also, Segun Olulade, Chairman, Committee on Information, Strategy, Security and Publicity, said that June 12 of every year was the genuine democracy day for Nigeria.

Mr. Olulade (ACN-Epe I) said that the importance of the June 12, 1993 presidential election could not be relegated in Nigeria.

“June 12 represents the collective will of Nigerians and a demonstration of the people’s preference for democracy in lieu of military dictatorship.

“All well-meaning Nigerians and lovers of truth will readily admit that June 12 takes priority over any other date in the history of democracy in Nigeria,” he said.

Mr. Olulade also reiterated the need for the country to a adopt two-party system to advance democracy. He said such system would proffer lasting solution to ethnicity and tribal problems in the country.

Another member of the house, Bisi Yusuf (ACN Alimosho Constituency 1) said that the two-party system would be the option for the present democratic system in Nigeria to grow.

“Two political parties would give this country the best we want in democracy. It will allow people to debate more on issues not on individual and it would also allow the best candidate to emerge, “ he said.

Rotimi Olowo, Chairman, House Committee on Works and Infrastructures, urged both the leaders and followers to have the fear of God while carrying out their various duties.

Mr. Olowo (ACN-Shomolu I), said that only the fear of God could bring development to Nigeria’s democracy.

The Assembly would hold a special parliamentary session in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of June 12 and 2nd Anniversary of the 7th legislative assembly of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Wednesday.

:==> http://premiumtimesng.com/news/138506-june-12-lagos-lawmakers-call-for-two-party-system-in-nigeria.html

Let's have your say here.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Prestonvic(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2013
I think so.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Afrocatalyst: 7:22am On Jun 12, 2013
I think there shuld be more. Some people want to stereotype everytin. I'm against d homogenizers in society,whether in art,science,politics or religion. You dnt make a gud music wen everyone sings d same tone. Let the cream rise!
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by boron10(m): 7:48am On Jun 12, 2013
I don't think so. We would be left with no good option when the two candidates are shitty.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by kunlekunle: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2013
there should be alternatives, when the two lacks direction, the people switches.

1 Like

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by fitzmayowa: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2013
Are we really ready for two party system

1 Like

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by yuzedo: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2013
huh? Nigerian want to do only two patty a year?? so how will we grooooooove and eat goat meet?!?!?! undecided plis i need to continue doing my week end swiming pull patty for sweet babes in side my grate manshun, allow us do any amount of patty we wanted, tenk!!! angry angry angry
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Youngzedd(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Yes, 2 party system is the best.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by dahmie2013: 9:47am On Jun 12, 2013
fitzmayowa: Are we really ready for two party system

Like u read my mind.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by dridowu: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2013
Best and Best and Best
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by nnanyereugo(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2013
Wit our tribal nature, i dont tink dat wil succeed in dis country, w r mor advancd and tribalistic dan w were in 1993. Nw evry tribe wants to produce a president. U nw c dat d 2 party system wunt wrk here.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by myweb(m): 9:51am On Jun 12, 2013
I DON'T REALLY SUPPORT MULTI PARTY SYSTEM. BUT TWO PARTY MAY NOT REALLY WORK PRESENTLY IN NIGERIA DUE TO OUR PRESENT LEVEL

THINK WE SHOULD CONSIDER THREE OR FOUR IS OK

COS WHAT IF THE TWO ARE THRASH WHAT WOULD YOU DO, SO THERE SHOULD BE OPTIONS.OK

EVEN AMERICAN HAS THREE OTHER SMALLER PARTIES BUT ONLY TWO ARE PROMINENT

1 Like

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by AbuMikey(m): 9:59am On Jun 12, 2013
That's what we obviously need!!
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by rayco4all(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2013
Two party system, act as a check on politician, so i will prefer it..
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by executinal(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2013
We have two party system already.

2 Likes

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by iamdsam: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:18am On Jun 12, 2013
It will be d best.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by kevoh(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2013
executinal: We have two party system already.
PDP and the rest for sure.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2013
That is d best. Automatically,it means yes or no.e.i Vote mr. A, or Vote mr. B. However,I loved that word,s that was mention. Political Prostitute(PP).
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by anonimi: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2013
Yes it is better as one can easily track those who belong to AGIP - Any Government in Power by switching to where they can do amala politics.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by 234GT(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2013
There are actually two parties in Nigeria now. The first one is BOKO HARAM PARTY and the second one is MEND PARTY.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerians should be allowed to metamorphosed into two party state by Herself !!!

Am tired of things being fixed for us without recourse to the need of the people !!!
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Symphony007: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2013
Nigeria is not matured enough for a two party system; we will just be monopolizing corruption and theft between two gangs; this country needs an open field where everyone with a vision can compete: also nigerians need to open their eyes and stamp out these PDP and APC. We need new independent minds not recycling thiefs! After all the RUNAROUND: nigeria deserves a TURNAROUND!!

1 Like

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2013
Why bother?

Nigerians seem to be content with the one-party system we have at present! angry

3 Likes

Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by arabanibaba: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2013
i think its the best, we will be able to monitor our vote very well .it either you are here or not there
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sure, its the best. Saves money that is allocated to the non functional parties. Makes choice of candidates easier for the electorates. Makes the opposition stronger in terms of being the watch dog. For Nigeria, this would be the best.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Afrocatalyst: I think there shuld be more. Some people want to stereotype everytin. I'm against d homogenizers in society,whether in art,science,politics or religion. You dnt make a gud music wen everyone sings d same tone. Let the cream rise!
True.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
Abu Mikey: That's what we obviously need!!
I greatly doubt it.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
GenBuhari: Why bother?

Nigerians seem to be content with the one-party system we have at present! angry
Shebi u be Military Man azz-licker .......
How are u gonna be sensitive to the needs of Nigerians !!! grin

We Say YES to APC but NO to emergence of crocodile shedding tear old retired General Military Junta tongue
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
Go back to June 12 1990s then. Backward people.
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by AbuMikey(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Vanneni: I greatly doubt it.
But Why Ma!?
Re: JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? by Smooyis(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
2 party system is d best for Nigeria for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Amaechi & APC Protesters Block The main Entrance Of Police Hq(pictures)i / BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest / Funy!! Man Who Posted RIP On PMB Twitter Feed Got Arrested; See What Happen Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.