Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest (4696 Views)

Clara Chime Packs-out Of Enugu Govt House, Opens Up / "Imprisoned" Enugu First Lady, Clara Chime, Hires Falana To Secure Her Release / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by e7ejinima: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
The estranged wife of the Enugu State Governor, Mrs. Clara Chibuzor Chime has been cleared by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Screening Committee to contest the Isuikwuato/Umunneochi Federal House of Representatives seat in Abia State.

Mrs. Chime’s name is among the nine aspirants cleared by the PDP Screening Committee for the federal constituency.

The list of contestants released at the PDP secretariat in Umuahia Thursday, also indicated that Mrs. Chime would slug it out with three other women including Hon. Nkiruka Onyejeocha, the member currently representing the constituency at at the House of Representatives.

Mrs. Chime packed out of the Government House, Enugu in November last year after complaining that she was forcefully confined to the Government House by her husband and vowed never to return.

But Governor Chime denied the allegation saying that the First Lady had some health challenges and was being attended to by a medical expert before she requested to quit the Governor’s Lodge and he obliged her.

The former Enugu State First Lady reportedly tendered an apology to the governor and the women of Enugu State in September this year begging them to forgive her for all she did during that period,.

She had been out of the state since November last year.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
opportunist

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Descartes: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hmmm... wink
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by luvinhubby(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
I thought they said the woman get mental fever before she packed out or was that a PR acrobatics to generate public sympathy for her political sorjourn.
Women, underate them at your peril.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by mej67: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
opportunist

How

Please explain what you mean

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Descartes: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
Naija Politics
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Caseless: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
This people can never change! In enugu, she's a mad woman, and in abia/umuahi, she's about to become a honourable member.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
mej67:

How

Please explain what you mean

so because she got a beating out of the government house, she is now qualified to be a law maker? Her social ladder is quite short
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by jacabi(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
luvinhubby:
I thought they said the woman get mental fever before she packed out
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by egift(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
A part of me will like to see her succeed, just to see the faces of her enemies and his relations that collected money and help kept her in confinement. I hate injustice. All the same, I wish her the very best.

@ALL: People and life can knock you down, but don't stay down. Pick up your life and fight back. If she makes it, hers will be a motivation story.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by mej67: 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ibadannimowa:

so because she got a beating out of the government house, she is now qualified to be a law maker? Her social ladder is quite short

Okay, I definitely see your angle.

But bros, first things first. She has the constitutional right to contest to represent her people.

If you agree with above, we then go down to what being chased out of government means. For that I say there are two things involved:
1. It was a bad treatment meted on her person, unless you disagree with me. Not only that, her integrity and intactness of her faculties (sanity) was put to question. If you don't disagree with those, then going for the House of Rep seat is a good prop for her public image and self esteem.

2. Being chased out of Enugu government house gave her fame. She became popular, way beyond what being Sullivan wife and Enugu first lady accorded her. If you agree with this assertion, then we need to answer, how will those being on the limelight benefit her as a person and those around her (Don't forget she ran a successful charity called Chime: Child and Mother Initiative). So yes, she wants to capitalise on the latent credit (of popularity) the harsh domestic violence and incarceration she suffered.

In conclusion, she is just a capitalist. I don't agree with "opportunist"

Difference is arguable but I will like to define a capitalist as one who capitalises on an opportunity.

Please go ahead and define opportunist, just may be we are saying the same thing

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by e7ejinima: 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
Caseless:
This people can never change! In enugu, she's a mad woman, and in abia/umuahi, she's about to become a honourable member.

Point of correction sweerie.

In enugu, she's (declared) a mad woman by a mad husband. Emperor royale Sullivan Chime esq.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by shizzleStar: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Chai...she is so pretty that i wanna kiss her already shockedshockedshocked

Since the hitler in enugu treated her shabbily, she has my sympathy...daz all. I wish her well undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by mej67: 10:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
shizzleStar:
Chai...she is so pretty that i wanna kiss her already shockedshockedshocked

Since the hitler in enugu treated her shabbily, she has my sympathy...daz all. I wish her well undecided

I dey ya side grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by UnknownT: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
Her seat in the house of reps if elected needs to be designed with a strong chain in case her mood swings gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
UnknownT:
Her seat in the house of reps if elected needs to be designed with a strong chain in case her mood swings gringringrin
grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 28, 2014
THIS MAD WOMAN?!! Nigeria has lost all sense of credibility in my book.

shizzleStar:

It worked for GEJ in 2011, don't see why it wouldn't for her.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by White007(m): 5:04am On Nov 28, 2014
^^^^

Guy, what is the matter with you spamming threads all over nairaland with this your caption " watch the video here"? My Guess is that you are trying to infect people PC's with malware and viruses so as to steal their personal info for malicious purposes.

Be carful the eagle eyes are on you.

@topic, i wish are well.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by GetUmad: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2014
That was the whole essence of her public apology some months back...... Oh, i see. These people just think Nigerians are as daft as they're. When i read that letter to the Ephesians she wrote recently, i suspected she was up to something.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by shizzleStar: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2014
mej67:

I dey ya side grin
She is the one at the extreme left right? You have good eyes too bruv. The woman make plenty sense cheesygrin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by egift(m): 7:16am On Nov 28, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1898493_clarapic1_jpeg2547ecc73872fa3552ae1360d4e3e6fe

shizzleStar:
She is the one at the extreme left right? You have good eyes too bruv. The woman make plenty sense cheesygrin

She is the on on Sky-Blue.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by shizzleStar: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by darlingtonNYIG(m): 7:55am On Nov 28, 2014
Governor Sullivan Chime's wife contesting for House of Reps in Abia state, I thought she is mentally deranged? Chai Naija my country I hail thee.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Adelaide2: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=darlington. I thought she is mentally deranged? .[/quote]

That is what you thought. Not what you know to be true.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by Bennyberry(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Abeg go chop money keep plate joor..na ur turn....we dy cum..
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by chinwike2(m): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2014
Who doesnt know this OP is an enemy of Enugu state
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by adanduka: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2014
Well, I hope she wins so we all can see if the madness claimed by Sullivan was a scam.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by maestroferddi: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Sensational stuff.

What happens to the present occupant of the office?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by bellalove(f): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2014
.......This is exactly our problem in Nigeria, we always put sentiments into play when it shouldn't be a criteria.......that Mrs Clara Chime had matrimonial problems, does that now qualifies her as a politician? what exactly does her political portfolio look like(apart from being a soon to be ex governor's wife), i dont want to bring into play her mental status(having in mind that situations can make you go 'psycho', let me believe that her being out of Enugu government; the supposed trigger of her psychotic breakdown, has made her a sane human being again).....like someone pointed out, if she wins, her story will be an inspiring story.....if she want to be a motivation to women that are in abusive marriages or even relationship, she should open an NGO for that purpose, provide shelter for them, encourage them with word of mouth& financial incentive to start up a new life(now that is motivational), then if by any chance she truly have the political blood flowing through her blood, the right avenue to do that is in Enugu state; she is still married to their son& if she decides to divorce him now for Abia state politics, a divorcee don't have the right to have honourable before his/her name, no mata his/her story(sentiments aside).....moreover WE ABIANS' have suffered enough of bad governance, we need CHANGE biko......
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by chiozor: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2014
^^^^ a woman from Nigeria thinking like this...that means Nigeria will soon be saved!nice reasoning and very frank....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest by talktrue1(m): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2014
Have they divorced that she wants to leave Enugu to go and represent Abia?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My People Are Useless,my People Are Senseless ,my People Are Indisciplined -buha / Do Yoruba Want Oduaaa Republic Or Restructure ? / School Principal Wins Lagos State Councillorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.