Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step (1309 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Buhari Is The Next President And Jonathan Is aware Of That – Obasanjo / Buhari Is The Next President And Jonathan Is Aware Of That – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by larger20(m): 11:55pm On May 18, 2006
He is going to face the music for all his wrong doings in the nation. The court is ready to take him like he did to many people and make him confess for all his wrong doings. People like gani will be compiling list of accusation that this man will face.

I personally have no hatrade for Mr Obasanjo, the only thing I don't like about him is his in humanity in dealing with the affairs of the nation.
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by DaHitler(m): 12:13am On May 19, 2006
elaborate what you mean by "in humanity in dealing with the affairs of the nations"

Personally, I think OBJ is too soft. IBB and co would all be 6 feet under if I were President.
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by larger20(m): 12:17am On May 19, 2006
IBB cannot bend the rules now there is democracy. Not even we vote for him. OBJ is a cunny animal, who knows his limit. Ask gani about i OBJs in humanity and you will get a book about obasanjos in humanity to mankind cheesy cheesy
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by DaHitler(m): 12:23am On May 19, 2006
I want you to tell me. Afterall, you are the one that made the claims. grin
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by larger20(m): 12:25am On May 19, 2006
Were you sent by him or something? grin

Abeg leave me jo! Its my world, lets pollute the air freely cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by dblock(m): 7:32am On May 20, 2006
what's next step, is it Babangida or Atiku that should replace OBJ. I personally opposed the 3rd term but Nigeria was better off in that direction. Sure the move shows that Nigeria is democratically stronger and it was a good maove by the senate but there is no one fit to take OBJs place( By this I don't mean OBJ is a great president, I jus think he would be better than a dictator). The future of Nigeria is uncertain.
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by Badman888(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2006
Now what he has up his sleeves, is to try and select someone to become president because he knows he would benefit from that. I am glad that his oppositions are fighting back, it just shows that there is more democracy in the country
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by Mariory(m): 1:27am On May 29, 2006
Badman888:

Now what he has up his sleeves, is to try and select someone to become president because he knows he would benefit from that. I am glad that his oppositions are fighting back, it just shows that there is more democracy in the country

How can he select someone to be president. I think you mean he's selecting someone to contest presidency for the PDP. And for that the PDP would have to agree. Of course the politics will play a part too.
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by Badman888(m): 2:11am On May 29, 2006
yea sorry for the way i put it, selecting someone to contest for president, but when the top guys are in the selection process you already know they are goin to win, so its the same thing to me.
Re: Now that Obasanjo Is Down Next Step by DaHitler(m): 3:41am On May 29, 2006
The PDP is a lie. That party has people from all over the country in it, but the only thing they truly have in common is desire for power. That is pretty much all Nigerias politics boils down to. Fund party that shows that everyone of the major groups and a few members of the smaller ethnic groups are represented, then give presidency to a person from a Major Ethnic group, and make sure all the other two major groups are well represented in the Senate, Vice Presidency, and Leadership of the House. There you go! that is Nigerias democracy for you. It is completely devoid of meaning.

The next President of Nigeria must be willing to give the States more control and ensure that they give at the very least, 80 percent of whatever they make. It is just common sense. What incentive do you have to do your best when over 70 percent of your gains are taken away from your State and redistributed to appease the States that are not carrying their way.

It is just pathetic that most States are completely dependent on oil money. The next President has to put an end to that. Every State should have a lot greater freedom in making their laws, and spending their funds. If you elect a fraudsters for Governor and pack your house of representatives (State level) with thieves, you have only yourself to blame.

This way, when the law makers and Governor of a State decides that they want Sharia, so be it. They would be the ones to suffer the negative publicity and un-mentioned sanctions that would be placed on them by the forces behind the curtain.

In short, weaken the center and empower the governors. That way, in most of the States, the only one to blame  when your governor that no-doubt comes from the majority group in your State wrecks the economy or mis-handles the budget is you.

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Tariff Goes Up By 100% Next March / Five Policemen Raped, Tortured Female Polytechnic Student In Cell / Who Made Tinubu A Tax Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.