Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. (13937 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / Extremely Bad Portions On Lagos-badagry Road (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Richbee(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2013
The extent of disgust to the lagos badagry express way is unspeakable. Ever since I've known that road it hasn't for once been without traffic. The level of damage this year around is just... Damn!!!. A journey that should be about 30 minutes takes close to 3 to 4 hours all because of the little pot holes here and there. This road isn't just a local one, its an international one cos its the major route to some neighbouring countries. You can't blame residents for staying here cos the majority of them are landlords. They own their houses. I'd love for the government to really do something about it and to do it fast as residents walk on foot almost everyday. They suffer on their way to work, suffer to get income for a living, suffer same ordeal back home. Then tell me how the lifespan of such wouldn't be cut short. If we have a government I do imploy them to act fast. The government of lagos state was said to start the repairs and recreation for over 4 years now and still @ dis time no change has been done. I don't even know who to blame, the government or the contractors.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by gbanikiti(m): 10:15am On Jun 12, 2013
I was at Agboju bus stop last week Saturday waiting for a commercial bus when a truck carrying some CCECC workers passed and some passersby booed the workers and threw insults at them. It was very clear that people were angry at the slow pace of work on that road especially the Agboju axis. people couldn't hide their anger as they blamed the state government for stopping Julius Berger and leaving only the Chinese company.I don't know if the rains is the cause of the slow pace of work, but the traffic is becoming unbearable.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Richbee(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2013
The rain That's not it. Don't we have dry seasons? This road has always been this way. All I've seen the CCECC or whatever their name is do is to just build offices here and there with no work @ all. They deserve even more than that. They need
to be flogged and fired!!!
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by gbanikiti(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2013
Richbee: The rain That's not it. Don't we have dry seasons? This road has always been this way. All I've seen the CCECC or whatever their name is do is to just build offices here and there with no work @ all. They deserve even more than that. They need
now this got me cracking my ribs. some people also complained of CCECC acquiring lands to building their offices and still yet they seem not be serious doing their job. it was very funny hearing lagosians make jokes of the Chinese people. grin
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by ifyalways(f): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2013
I haven't used that road for sometime now but could it be worse than iyana ipaja-sango-abule egba route?.some roads in this Naija are just death traps,not fit for cows sef.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by gbanikiti(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2013
ifyalways: I haven't used that road for sometime now but could it be worse than iyana ipaja-sango-abule egba route?.some roads in this Naija are just death traps,not fit for cows sef.
Lagos-Badagry road is worse than Iyana Ipaja -Abule egba -Sango ota road. mazamaza, abule ado, barracks, volks, iyana isashi, iyana era and agbara are the worst hits on traffic along that road. Iyana ipaja road is wider compared to Lagos badagry road.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by ebamma3: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2013
What about the state of kano state roads, imo state roads, rivers state roads, adamawa state roads,
Im beginning to feel like lagos is the only state with bad roads in nigeria
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by feelamong(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2013
gbanikiti: Lagos-Badagry road is worse than Iyana Ipaja -Abule egba -Sango ota road. mazamaza, abule ado, barracks, volks, iyana isashi, iyana era and agbara are the worst hits on traffic along that road. Iyana ipaja road is wider compared to Lagos badagry road.

JUST WAIT SMALL.. EKO ILE AND EKO ATLANTIC WILL COME AND TELL YOU UR LIFE HISTORY SOONEST!! tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2013
The road is in a total mess.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by playcharles(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2013
government should come to our aid at banana island, we need side walk on our major roads & streets,we dont mind if it is well decorated with flower.. Gov Fashola pls come to our rescue
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by planman88: 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
WHY IS NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TREATING NIGERIAN'S LIKE THIS.I SPENT 4 HOURS FROM ORILE TO MILE 2 ON FRIDAY AND ON MONDAY I SPENT 3HRS. NOW I FOLLOW 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE TO GO HOME. THEY SHOULD CALL THE CONTRACTOR TO COME AND FIX THE BAD PLACE AT MILE 2 UNDER BRIDGE.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
The worst part is how people dump dead bodies on the road around Agbara, Badagry. . . There's hardly a day that you won't see a dead body with missing body parts. (Hand work of ritualists).

The so called lagos-badagry expressway being handled by ccecc ends at okokomaiko & not badagry, take note guys! Badagry road is being abandonded to be done by the federal government since it connects Nigeria to Benin republic. . .

All the same, very slow work being done by the chinese.

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by hardbody: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
As a matter of personal principle, I do not visit beyond Festac. However I was recently coerced into driving down to barracks that is Ojo military cantonments. Honestly I swore and abused my cousin that took me there. How can people go through that kind of life? It's simply hellish. Having said that, I thought the understanding was that Fashola or whoever in double he'll it is was building an 8 lane autobahn to Seme. So what happened to that brilliant idea? I was before now planning on a road trip through the west coast to Ghana and possibly CI. After that experience( and that was before the rains) I have shelved that idea indefinitely. For those living around there , I wish you all the best. Honestly even if I was a landlord there, I will consider letting the house in the interim and moving out. All in all, Nija for life sha. But let's get our acts together, I am sure we can do lots better.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
where are those Fashola gangsters and bullies? They better come and explain oh!

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by justsayemma(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
What abt d east-west road,d road 4m Auchi 2 Abj,Lagos-Ibadan,Ikot ekpene - Aba road road,etc? D road is bad we know,bt Lag is not d only state in 9ja,there r other states in 9ja too,let's channel our energy there 2,@ least if dose states are developed(not just their capital cities) d pressure wil be less on Lagos.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by gbanikiti(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
The sand filling part of the road at Agboju.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by yhemster(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
It is unfortunate for the people in the area, the shocker news is that I heard Tinubu owns abt 40% of the CCECC company. This same company has road projects in Oyo state and Ogun state which am very sure of and probably other ACN states. So they have too much eggs in one basket. Blame it on ACN god fatherlism.

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by bory09(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
K
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by paulworld(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
Richbee: The rain That's not it. Don't we have dry seasons? This road has always been this way. All I've seen the CCECC or whatever their name is do is to just build offices here and there with no work @ all. They deserve even more than that. They need
don't blame CCECC because the company is engage in a far more better contract than this in abuja

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by juman(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm.

Many complains of bad roads.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by redcliff: 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Richbee: The extent of disgust to the lagos badagry express way is unspeakable. Ever since I've known that road it hasn't for once been without traffic. The level of damage this year around is just... Damn!!!. A journey that should be about 30 minutes takes close to 3 to 4 hours all because of the little pot holes here and there. This road isn't just a local one, its an international one cos its the major route to some neighbouring countries. You can't blame residents for staying here cos the majority of them are landlords. They own their houses. I'd love for the government to really do something about it and to do it fast as residents walk on foot almost everyday. They suffer on their way to work, suffer to get income for a living, suffer same ordeal back home. Then tell me how the lifespan of such wouldn't be cut short. If we have a government I do imploy them to act fast. The government of lagos state was said to start the repairs and recreation for over 4 years now and still @ dis time no change has been done. I don't even know who to blame, the government or the contractors.

[size=14pt]Did you say little port holes here and there? that place is a Valley/ excavation site.

Its Implore bro[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by paulworld(m): 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
yhemster: It is unfortunate for the people in the area, the shocker news is that I heard Tinubu owns abt 40% of the CCECC company. This same company has road projects in Oyo state and Ogun state which am very sure of and probably other ACN states. So they have too much eggs in one basket. Blame it on ACN god fatherlism.
they(CCECC) are the contractors of the modern rail from Abj_kd and the company are very serious there

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by EkoAtlantic: 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
feelamong:

JUST WAIT SMALL.. EKO ILE AND EKO ATLANTIC WILL COME AND TELL YOU UR LIFE HISTORY SOONEST!! tongue grin

She has the right to complain if she pays her tax appropriately.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by redcliff: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

She has the right to complain if she pays her tax appropriately.

Is that all you can say MR man? Lolz
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by curiouslad(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ever since I learnt to read and write, I've always come across various articles on newspapers decrying the state of roads in the country, yet nothing has been done about it. Even with the advent of blogs and social media , nothing is still being done about it.

I don't think whining on this thread would do anything about it.
Why not stage a PEACEFUL protest to your local government chairman.(Peaceful I say!)
Follow your petition up even to the state level and see what comes out of it.

The reason why this country continues to deteriorate is because we the followers have failed to take our leaders accountable for anything!! We think it is our God-given right and expect them to do it without asking!!

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by paulworld(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
justsayemma: What abt d east-west road,d road 4m Auchi 2 Abj,Lagos-Ibadan,Ikot ekpene - Aba road road,etc? D road is bad we know,bt Lag is not d only state in 9ja,there r other states in 9ja too,let's channel our energy there 2,@ least if dose states are developed(not just their capital cities) d pressure wil be less on Lagos.
The most maintained road in Nigeria is the Abj-kd-Kano express way because most of the Northern governors and elite use this road daily. Believe me that road is being maintained daily
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by emorse(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
ebamma 3: What about the state of kano state roads, imo state roads, rivers state roads, adamawa state roads,
Im beginning to feel like lagos is the only state with bad roads in nigeria
whether u compare with other states or not, that road is bad! We should draw our leaders' (all of them) attention to their inadequacies. Not try to justify them.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by boneruns(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
The traffic on that road is worse, more than Benin-Ore road before it rehabilitated.

I pity people moving along that axis from 5pm till midnight.

The traffic is stand-still, and it usually starts from Orile to Iyana-iba.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by playcharles(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
paulworld: The most maintained road in Nigeria is the Abj-kd-Kano express way because most of the Northern governors and elite use this road daily. Believe me that road is being maintained daily
guy u drink garri and alomo... who tell u dat one
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by emorse(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
justsayemma: What abt d east-west road,d road 4m Auchi 2 Abj,Lagos-Ibadan,Ikot ekpene - Aba road road,etc? D road is bad we know,bt Lag is not d only state in 9ja,there r other states in 9ja too,let's channel our energy there 2,@ least if dose states are developed(not just their capital cities) d pressure wil be less on Lagos.
Oya enter road. I dey your back. Practice what you preach man.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Kassidy90(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
gbanikiti: now this got me cracking my ribs. some people also complained of CCECC acquiring lands to building their offices and still yet they seem not be serious doing their job. it was very funny hearing lagosians make jokes of the Chinese people. grin
If u live around the place or use the road very well u will understand d OP, I live in badagry area and I knw wat we face all d tym.....
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by bory09(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
What do you expect when it is not lekki, marina, idumota, festac where there their business empire its. If you see any road done in area like ikorodu, ojo, badagry you will have to ask is there a public corporation or civil service building there or there is government acquired land in the area or whether government owned estate is around the area. Without that you can't see a project done in this part of lagos without it been delayed or abandoned including the big project. All their big project are always introduce in those places like lekki, VI, maryland, ikoyi where they can toll and gain money if later those in the other part of lagos beg they can now provide their own for them without completing it or with less quality. Fashola and ACN are discrimatory government in rendering their service we all know they only develop where they can advertise in the campaign and some gullible will come here to praise the fo*ls and corrupters acn

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows / President Buhari meets With APC Governors At The State House / Reverse Cattle Movement Ban, Miyetti Allah Begs Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.