Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. (13957 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / Extremely Bad Portions On Lagos-badagry Road (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by bory09(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Delafruita:
people should comment with knowledge,the road doesnt belong to the state government but the federal government.the state government is doing it because of its state of disrepair and the federal government is deliberately taking steps to frustrate the work
is now you all know its a federal government road, when you and your people came here in the first place shouting and bragging that fashola will build 10 lane badagry express road it was like fashola is that serious now that all his plans has failed him, you all come here to give a idiotic excuse. When he know he can't do anything in the first place why did he start it. After he has use the road to collect rank both on nairaland and the tv station, truly eko is working as they always say. Arrant nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by vanhelsing2099(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
idnoble135: where are those Fashola gangsters and bullies? They better come and explain oh!

Nuisance...
Dat a federal road.. Nt fashola bizness

It link nigeria with benin
Wwat is team-lagos bizness wif dat
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by baysol: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Richbee: The extent of disgust to the lagos badagry express way is unspeakable. Ever since I've known that road it hasn't for once been without traffic. The level of damage this year around is just... Damn!!!. A journey that should be about 30 minutes takes close to 3 to 4 hours all because of the little pot holes here and there. This road isn't just a local one, its an international one cos its the major route to some neighbouring countries. You can't blame residents for staying here cos the majority of them are landlords. They own their houses. I'd love for the government to really do something about it and to do it fast as residents walk on foot almost everyday. They suffer on their way to work, suffer to get income for a living, suffer same ordeal back home. Then tell me how the lifespan of such wouldn't be cut short. If we have a government I do imploy them to act fast. The government of lagos state was said to start the repairs and recreation for over 4 years now and still @ dis time no change has been done. I don't even know who to blame, the government or the contractors.

Nigerians are fast learning that corruption, nepotism and get rich quick syndrom will not lead us anywhere. The people need to put good leaders that will compete to development their interests and let everything boil down to what were your achievements when you were in power than what ill-gotten wealth have you amassed. Those who amassed them in the past where are thy today? Either dead or are in self imposed house arrest what a shame.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by mickey2000(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
opposite 242 barracks ibereko badagry

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by ol2012: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Delafruita:
first,the road is not a state road.it is a federal road.the lagos state government should be applauded for even making efforts to take over the road.

it was initially agreed between the yar'adua and fashola administrations that the road will be a joint project between the federal and state governments.however,the federal government reneged on the agreement.the lagos state government went ahead to start making preparation to do the road and were taken to court by the federal government who insisted work shouldnt be done on their road.the issue was eventually resolved and lagos state govt applied to the world bank for a loan which was to be disbursed in 3 tranches with the federal government standing as the guarantor.the first tranche was disbursed and work began.when the second tranche was to be disbursed,the government withdrew from standing as guarantor stating that states were now barred from receiving foreign loans,funds were no longer available to speed up work and the work schedule had to be re-arranged while the government sought other sources of funding for the road.that also informed the reason for CCECC been asked to go beyond just the rails into the road as against julius berger which was more expensive.

i live in ijanikin and know the horror of that road.and for a while my routes have been structured to avoid it in favour of the lasu-isheri expressway.but i think if we're to pile pressure on anyone,it should be the federal government whose duty it was in the first place to do the road
Mr brother, ur post vividly captures what I also heard about d road. D annoying thing is dat our FG prefers 2 waste public funds on a 550km Kano-Maiduguri expressway dat has maybe less dan 100 vehicles passing tru it daily. Dis is a road I'm sure should not be more dan 50km even up 2 Badagry. A few months ago, Fashola was at d House of reps, pleading wit members 2 intervene in d world bank loan issue. I just wonder d impression citizens of Ghana & other neighbouring countries, who come in2 d country thru d road av about our govt.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Delafruita(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
bory09: is now you all know its a federal government road, when you and your people came here in the first place shouting and bragging that fashola will build 10 lane badagry express road it was like fashola is that serious now that all his plans has failed him, you all come here to give a idiotic excuse. When he know he can't do anything in the first place why did he start it. After he has use the road to collect rank both on nairaland and the tv station, truly eko is working as they always say. Arrant nonsense.
You need both medical and spiritual help

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Delafruita(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
ol2012: Mr brother, ur post vividly captures what I also heard about d road. D annoying thing is dat our FG prefers 2 waste public funds on a 550km Kano-Maiduguri expressway dat has maybe less dan 100 vehicles passing tru it daily. Dis is a road I'm sure should not be more dan 50km even up 2 Badagry. A few months ago, Fashola was at d House of reps, pleading wit members 2 intervene in d world bank loan issue. I just wonder d impression citizens of Ghana & other neighbouring countries, who come in2 d country thru d road av about our govt.
true.madam iweala was going up and down at time saying it was in the best interest of the economy for states to stop taking foreign loans.fashola made the journey to abuja to try to appease the presidency.he addressed the NASS on the matter and some people who get their news only from the threads of nairaland are saying jargons.

according to the timeline,the blue rail line from mile-2 to marina was supposed to start work in june while the first phase of the 10-lane expressway was to be completed from orile to okokomaiko in december 2013.its rather unfortunate that the FG decided to play politics with that road just as they play politics with every other road project fashola embarks upon.even the ikorodu-mile12 road that is been dualised wasnt without FERMA drama.even this badagry expressway has FERMA drama.a few months ago,FERMA started to oatch the holes from okokomaiko to badagry roundabout.one only wonders why FERMA didnt take the step of also patching the portions at volks,barracks and further down from badagry to seme.the worst parts of the road was left untouched by FERMA and some people are seeking fashola's head on a pike.the intention was good but the FG is frustrating the efforts which has led fashola to adjust the timeline.now he intends to finish the expressway to okomaiko by 2015 and expects the next governor to take-over from there on to badagry.they are currently depending on IGR to do that and that probably means funding for other lesser priority projects have to be diverted.thats why there's more tolling on roads.it is my hope and desire that fashola accomplishes that.but it will be better if the FG can go back to the agreement and stand as guarantor for the second and third tranches of the loan
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by vicuze(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
I spent almost 4hrs on that road today from iyana oba to mile 2.CCECC is a confused construction company we're really suffering it.Gosh!

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by PSALM124: 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
I beg make una rescue me o fellow Nigerians. All my properties are located in the area.

Auction Auction Auction!!!!!!! Grab Your Chance To Make It Big.

I am now closing my business down and moving out of Nigeria. I am currently on tour in Europe and America. Following vehicles are up for grab at cheap prices. Send your offer by email to christcovenantchurch7@gmail.com or call +18609673773
Highest bidder will get confirmation and instruction on how to pay and collect good after contract must have been signed through my representative in Nigeria. I will attend to serious offers only.

1. Steyr 990 Tipper with Auxillary (Nigeria used but in repairable condition)
2. Steyr 791 Tipper with Auxillary (Nigeria used but in repairable condition)
3. Fiat 680 DTH Farm Tractor(Nigeria used but in working condition)
4. Fiat 680 DTH Farm Tractor(Nigeria used but in working condition)
5. Volvo bus (Imported since 6 years for Church use but could not be made to function). In terible condition
6. John Deere track bulldozer (Imported since 6 years and never used. In terrible condition. Can be scraped for metal
7. Ford backhoe (Can be refurbished). Imported to start a construction project but never used. Project canceled
8. Cat 966B (Nigerian used and currently working at a borrow pit)
9. Cat 950 (Nigerian used. Complete engine repair and general overhaul recently concluded)
10.Cat 950C Nigerian used. Recently refurbished and in working condition
11. Mixing machine with engine operation
12. Mixing machine with engine operation
13 Jenbacher diesel generator with 30kw capacity

Pictures will be attached in the coming days.

Best of luck

Ogo Oluwa

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by badesco(m): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
I hope the project would not end up as abandoned project. May be we should give them10 more years to complete it
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by doncaster(m): 5:13am On Jun 13, 2013
Ago palace way is Fed road as well. I heard you can catch fish on the road now. Is GEJ turning lagos roads to fish pond for his retirement past time as a former fisher man?

1 Like

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Jibsonified(m): 7:06am On Jun 13, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]Did you say little port holes here and there? that place is a Valley/ excavation site.

Its Implore bro[/size]

Loool It's 'pot' not 'port' Saka's porting virus don affect u
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Boss13: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2013
Reptyle:

Yeah you are right. I also heard that Tinubu is a reincarnation of a first generation Chinese shaolin monk called Tae Noon Bu. angry

God this joke is damn funny. However, this CCECC guys are really so slow. The repaired Amuwo Odofin (festac link road) for 2 years. They are currently working in Ago Palace and they are yet to complete half the road in 1 year. Probably they would finish in 3 years. I think the badagry road will take 15 years to complete and then half the road would require another repair.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by Boss13: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2013
doncaster: Ago palace way is Fed road as well. I heard you can catch fish on the road now. Is GEJ turning lagos roads to fish pond for his retirement past time as a former fisher man?

I swear you can catch any kind of fish on that road. It is now a lake
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by byteem: 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
UNFORTUNATELY I LIVE ON AGO PALACE WAY AND I SWIM THAT LAKE WITH MY CAR EVERYDAY ON .. GOING THROUGH THE CELE ROUTE IS JUST SUICIDAL ... ITS NOT A FEDERAL ROAD ITS STATE OWNED .. WHEN WE HEARD IT WAS AWARDED TO CECC WE HEAVED A SIGH OF RELIEF BELIEVING THAT WE WERE SAVED ONLY TO HEAR LATER THAT THE PORTION AWARDED WAS JUST FROM CENTURY DOWN TOWARDS CELE BUS-STOP.. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE .. THE GOVT WENT ABOUT DEMOLISHING HOUSES IT HAD PREVIOUSLY ISSUED C/O ON .. THAT LED TO LAW SUITS AND THEN WORK SLOWED DOWN .. WE ALSO HEARD THAT CECC SLOWED DOWN PACE OF WORK DUE TO RECURRENT EXPERIENCES WITH THE GOVT WHO REFUSE TO PAY IN TIME UPON COMPLETION OF JOBS.. THEY NOW WORK PAY A YOU GO.. THATS OBVIOUSLY WHATS AFFECTING THE JOB ALONG BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY AND MILE 2 AXIS...

THE RESIDENTS AROUND THE WORST PORTION OF LAST BUSTOP AND AP FILLING STATION WHERE YOU HAVE THE MASSIVE LAKE EVEN DECIDED TO AT LEAST FIX THE DRAINAGE BY OURSELVES , WE VOLUNTEERED TO TAX OURSELVES 5K TO 10 PER RESIDENT TO RAISE FUNDS TO DIG TRENCHES ALONG THE ROAD AND CHANNEL IT DOWN TO THE CANAL .. BUT TO OUR AMAZEMENT UPON APPROACHING THE LOCAL GOVT FOR APPROVAL .. THEY REQUESTED THAT WE PAY 10M BEFORE WE CAN COMMENCE ANY KIND OF REPAIR ON THE ROAD BY OURSELVES ..

NOW WE ARE STUCK .. ITS CRAZY THE TORTURE RESIDENTS GO THROUGH IN THE HEART OF LAGOS ..I CHANGE MY SHOCKS AND LOWER ARMS ON A MONTHLY AVERAGE EVEN JEEPS AND SUVS ARE NOT SPARED .. SOME SAY ITS BECAUSE THE ENVIRONMENT IS DOMINATED BY IGBOS BUT THEN DOES THAT BECOME AN EXCUSE FOR NON PERFORMANCE .. FASHOLA EYE SERVICE IS JUST TOO MUCH .. HE CONCENTRATES DEVELOPMENT ON THE ISLAND WHICH ACCOUNTS FOR LESS THEN 10 PERCENT OF LAGOSIANS .. ITS JUST AMAZING N29B TO BUILD A LINK BRIDGE .. FINE WELCOME IDEA BECAUSE IT HAS EASED UP TRAFFIC ON V.I .. BUT NOW THAT MEANS MORE TRAFFIC ON THIRD MAINLAND AND OTHER MAINLAND LINKS BECAUSE EVERYONE NOW LEAVES V.I REALLY FAST AS OPPOSED TO PREVIOUS TIMES . THE MILE 2 LINK IS NOT EVEN SOMETHING ONE TALKS ABOUT.. THE TRAFFIC IS DUE TO ACCUMULATED WATER ON THE ROAD CLOSE TO THE BRIDGE WHICH HAS EATEN UP PART OF THE ROAD. AND TRUST LAGOSIANS TO AVOID WATER ON THE ROAD LIKE ACID . SO YOU HAVE A FOUR LANE ROAD LINKING UP TO ONE LANE ON AN INTERSECTION LIKE MILE 2 . THE RESULT IS MAD TRAFFIC .. AND THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CARE ..ALL IT WUD TAKE IS JUST A MINOR PATCH WORK TO EASE SUFFERING LAGOSIANS PENDING ANY MAJOR WORK.. BUT FASHOLA WOULD SIT ON HIS HIGH HORSE AND CLAIM ITS FEDERAL ROAD .. HE IS NOT WORKING FOR LAGOSIANS WORKING NOR FOR ISLANDERS BUT FOR THE LAGOS ELITE ... TOO BAD THERIS IS NO BETTER OPTION .. IN THE ISLAND OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING .. HAIL KING FASOLA
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by byteem: 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
UNFORTUNATELY I LIVE ON AGO PALACE WAY AND I SWIM THAT LAKE WITH MY CAR EVERYDAY ON .. GOING THROUGH THE CELE ROUTE IS JUST SUICIDAL ... ITS NOT A FEDERAL ROAD ITS STATE OWNED .. WHEN WE HEARD IT WAS AWARDED TO CECC WE HEAVED A SIGH OF RELIEF BELIEVING THAT WE WERE SAVED ONLY TO HEAR LATER THAT THE PORTION AWARDED WAS JUST FROM CENTURY DOWN TOWARDS CELE BUS-STOP.. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE .. THE GOVT WENT ABOUT DEMOLISHING HOUSES IT HAD PREVIOUSLY ISSUED C/O ON .. THAT LED TO LAW SUITS AND THEN WORK SLOWED DOWN .. WE ALSO HEARD THAT CECC SLOWED DOWN PACE OF WORK DUE TO RECURRENT EXPERIENCES WITH THE GOVT WHO REFUSE TO PAY IN TIME UPON COMPLETION OF JOBS.. THEY NOW WORK PAY A YOU GO.. THATS OBVIOUSLY WHATS AFFECTING THE JOB ALONG BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY AND MILE 2 AXIS...

THE RESIDENTS AROUND THE WORST PORTION OF LAST BUSTOP AND AP FILLING STATION WHERE YOU HAVE THE MASSIVE LAKE EVEN DECIDED TO AT LEAST FIX THE DRAINAGE BY OURSELVES , WE VOLUNTEERED TO TAX OURSELVES 5K TO 10 PER RESIDENT TO RAISE FUNDS TO DIG TRENCHES ALONG THE ROAD AND CHANNEL IT DOWN TO THE CANAL .. BUT TO OUR AMAZEMENT UPON APPROACHING THE LOCAL GOVT FOR APPROVAL .. THEY REQUESTED THAT WE PAY 10M BEFORE WE CAN COMMENCE ANY KIND OF REPAIR ON THE ROAD BY OURSELVES ..

NOW WE ARE STUCK .. ITS CRAZY THE TORTURE RESIDENTS GO THROUGH IN THE HEART OF LAGOS ..I CHANGE MY SHOCKS AND LOWER ARMS ON A MONTHLY AVERAGE EVEN JEEPS AND SUVS ARE NOT SPARED .. SOME SAY ITS BECAUSE THE ENVIRONMENT IS DOMINATED BY IGBOS BUT THEN DOES THAT BECOME AN EXCUSE FOR NON PERFORMANCE .. FASHOLA EYE SERVICE IS JUST TOO MUCH .. HE CONCENTRATES DEVELOPMENT ON THE ISLAND WHICH ACCOUNTS FOR LESS THEN 10 PERCENT OF LAGOSIANS .. ITS JUST AMAZING N29B TO BUILD A LINK BRIDGE .. FINE WELCOME IDEA BECAUSE IT HAS EASED UP TRAFFIC ON V.I .. BUT NOW THAT MEANS MORE TRAFFIC ON THIRD MAINLAND AND OTHER MAINLAND LINKS BECAUSE EVERYONE NOW LEAVES V.I REALLY FAST AS OPPOSED TO PREVIOUS TIMES . THE MILE 2 LINK IS NOT EVEN SOMETHING ONE TALKS ABOUT.. THE TRAFFIC IS DUE TO ACCUMULATED WATER ON THE ROAD CLOSE TO THE BRIDGE WHICH HAS EATEN UP PART OF THE ROAD. AND TRUST LAGOSIANS TO AVOID WATER ON THE ROAD LIKE ACID . SO YOU HAVE A FOUR LANE ROAD LINKING UP TO ONE LANE ON AN INTERSECTION LIKE MILE 2 . THE RESULT IS MAD TRAFFIC .. AND THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CARE ..ALL IT WUD TAKE IS JUST A MINOR PATCH WORK TO EASE SUFFERING LAGOSIANS PENDING ANY MAJOR WORK.. BUT FASHOLA WOULD SIT ON HIS HIGH HORSE AND CLAIM ITS FEDERAL ROAD .. HE IS NOT WORKING FOR LAGOSIANS WORKING NOR FOR ISLANDERS BUT FOR THE LAGOS ELITE ... TOO BAD THERIS IS NO BETTER OPTION .. IN THE ISLAND OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED MAN IS KING .. HAIL KING FASOLA
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by byteem: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2013

Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by okwele1(f): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
i went to egbeda last weekend and the traffic is terrible. When you compare it to mile 12 to okoko axis, its a no go area.

Fashola should stop wasting public funds celebrating every 100 days in office for nothing, the guy should just get down to work in these areas fast & stop deceiving himself, his godfather & their yeye acn
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by NewNigeriaMind: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
talk2s:
I truly sympathise with both the occupants of that area and the users of that road. But at the same time, let me be very blunt while expecting attacks and criticisms:
It's a Federal Road.
And so?
Lagos is the richest State in the Federation!
Let the Lagos State Govt construct and get the refunds from the Federal Govt.
That is what the Federal Govt has since agreed with State Govts.
It is easier and faster that way.
All what the State Govt needs to do is to apply to the Fed.Govt. though the Ministry of Works stating the need to constuct the road, her resolve to so do and the cost implication. After some assessments, approvals are granted.
That is what Obong Godswill Akpabio, whom most of U have refused to acknowledge that he's the most performing Governor in Nigeria does.
So far he's constructed 3 : Itam- Calabar\Itu; Abak-Essien Udim and Aka -Nung Udoe Roads and has gotten refunds for them. He's on the 4th one now: Dualization of Uyo\Ikot Ekpene- Aba Road.
Fashola should follow suit. He is equall ro the task.

where are you when fashola said it has spent billions on federal roads and the money has not been refunded.

did you also know that the project was guarantee by the FG which later withdraw its support because its not a pdp state.

lets be sincere if we want to be sincere or keep your peace.

didn't you hear during election when fashola was shouting lack of federal support for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of federal roads in lagos.

is it until fashola dies shouting before you begin to ask pdp led federal government why it has abandoned the south west.
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by NewNigeriaMind: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
okwele1:
i went to egbeda last weekend and the traffic is terrible. When you compare it to mile 12 to okoko axis, its a no go area.

Fashola should stop wasting public funds celebrating every 100 days in office for nothing, the guy should just get down to work in these areas fast & stop deceiving himself, his godfather & their yeye acn

Stop asking fashola to fix federal roads,

Ask bode George, agbaje, obanikoro and the lagos pdp people why pdp abandoned lagos
Re: The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. by NewNigeriaMind: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
bory09:
is now you all know its a federal government road, when you and your people came here in the first place shouting and bragging that fashola will build 10 lane badagry express road it was like fashola is that serious now that all his plans has failed him, you all come here to give a idiotic excuse. When he know he can't do anything in the first place why did he start it. After he has use the road to collect rank both on nairaland and the tv station, truly eko is working as they always say. Arrant nonsense.

Nobody has made these claims.

we all know its a joint project between lagos/federal govt and world bank.

the federal govrment is to guarantee the world bank finances

the federal government has decided lagos is not a pdp state as such it can go to hell.

blame politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP: Court Of Appeal Kaduna Grants Stay Execution For High Court Kano Judgment / Nigeria To Spend N103 Billion Monthly On Petrol Subsidy / Ngige: We Did Everything Possible To Stop Doctors’ Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.