Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,638 members, 7,847,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Buhari; In Retrospect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari; In Retrospect (418 Views)

Preparation To Welcome Buhari In Kenya - By Uhuru Kenyatta / Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / President Goodluck Jonathan's Stewardship In Retrospect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari; In Retrospect by ifihear(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2013
Macleans toothpaste, they hardly advertise it but folks still buy it...

Coke is such a brand that in some places when people want to ask for a soda, they say "do you have coke" and by that they mean do you have any cola at all.
Sardine, Geisha, bic the examples are endless...

Scientists also say that forgetful people have a higher propensity to remember very important things. They say this is because by forgetting the small stuff, they leave space in the brain to remember the very important things.

So as a forgetful person, I forget the small stuff like, we have had more Hausa Fulani folks rule this country and hold more key positions than any other tribe. I also choose to forget the nepotism and blatant unprofessional conducts that characterized the Danbazzau years as army chief. I also forget that all these people criticizing GEJ have not offered alternatives.

My amnesia covers the fact that all this talk about power retuning to the north is only about that, POWER, not about good governance or development. I also choose to forget that during the Yaradua years, we had folks of northern extraction heading all key ministries and parastatals in this same country: Defence, Petroleum,NNPC,­ Finance, Economic Planning, CBN, FCT amongst others. I also forget if we had anybody complain about a northern takeover or such and such, I forget...

Ah but I can't forget that a certain Buhari, said Muslims should only vote Muslim candidates when he was on his campaign trail back in the days in sokoto state when he was visiting the sultan of sokoto. I also cannot forget that this same just man jailed Ekwueme the VP and an Igbo from the south and left Shagari the President and a Hausa Fulani to live free.

How can I forget that a certain Mai gaskiya also said blood will run if he didn't win and that he won't go to court. My empty skull won't allow me forget the fact that during the post election violence that followed the 2011 presidential elections, all that was needed was for Buhari to speak and call in his marauding army back to base but then he kept quiet only speaking after he thought that sufficient people had been sacrificed and then the violence stopped! How can I forget....

Now back to the advertisement and good product talk.Why all the attempt at whitewash of Buhari? He's broke, he said Christians should not work on sundays when he was Head Of State, his driver is a Christian, he doesn't have a house, a list of his governors has recently surfaced showing his seeming love for Christians ( well they left out the GOCs and brigade commanders, the real power brokers with troops that could move)

I mean what's the big idea? What's with all the forced sainthood? If the man is such a stainless man, then you all don't need to worry, Nigerians are still discerning we can spot a good man from miles away!

Advice for the Buhari laundry men/­women, why not stop with the "only incorruptible man in nigeria" and "lover of Christians" lines because they're are tired and will never sell!!! Try something new like his achievements(and please don't talk about him turning Nigeria into a big military secondary school). Talk about his economic policies. Collect his manifesto for the 2011 elections (if he had any) and lift quotes from there because frankly you can post pictures of him crying blood, nothing will happen because truly tears don't win elections!

(1) (Reply)

Group Commends Suswam For Pulling Out Of NGF / Amaechi To CP Mbu: You’ Re A Security Risk / Killing Of Students, Others In Borno, Yobe Are Signs Of Weakened Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.