Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Nollywood Full Of Crap - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Full Of Crap (1363 Views)

NTA24 Sports! Piece Of Crap!!! / My Pal Says He's In Love With 2 Women. Is That A Truck Load Of Crap Or A Fact? / Deal Or No Deal Nigeria (crap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Full Of Crap by nikekenny(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2008
Nollywood film you keep watching the same crap everyday, i when nigeria can make good movies,
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by abujabooks(f): 12:01pm On May 14, 2008
I disagree with you.

Nollywood movies are educative. It depends on what angle you are looking at it from.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by tboy1(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2008
abujabooks:

I disagree with you.

Nollywood movies are educative. It depends on what angle you are looking at it from.

Educative   Nollywood is so full of crap and everyone already knows what will happen from the advert.
Most people only watch nollywood movies out of boredom.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by nikekenny(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2008
Educative? the same story line all the time? bad sound mix up? pls get a life, i know you are a lady that is why u ar saying that, guys in Nigeria hardly watch Nollywood.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by Raymond88(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2008
Nollywood + Educative = Oxymoron!
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by WackyJ1(m): 3:41am On Oct 03, 2009
Educative my foot. The same old crap in every movie. If its not about love, its about witchcraft. sad
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by saraj(f): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2009
I was watching a new movie last night on some channel with Rita Dominic and Yemi Blaq. I have to say that the film was really well produced. The picture and sound was as good as any Hollywood production, there wasn't a blooper in sight either!!!
The costume design was good also. I was very impressed with the very noticable improvement in Nollywood.
Hopefully it will keep improving and eventually attract a more internatioinal audience.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by WackyJ1(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2009
@sara j did the film talk about anything else other than what you've been seeing in other nollywood movies?
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by b0dnel: 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2009
nikekenny:

Nollywood film you keep watching the same crap everyday, i when nigeria can make good movies,

Write, direct and produce a film make we see!!! its not anybody's right. so you too can do it
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by saraj(f): 2:53am On Oct 08, 2009
It was a movie that favoured a female point of
view.  There was no witchcraft or anything involved.
It was a good movie and I enjoyed watching it.
By the way Yorubas' produced and directed it if
that has anything to with it.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by MrCrackles(m): 2:59am On Oct 08, 2009
abujabooks:

I disagree with you.
Nollywood is a bag of rotten bollocks plus zilch educative substance so dont kid yourself
Fuc.k nollycrap, shit ass movie industry! cool
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by OgidiBoy(m): 3:12am On Oct 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nollywood is a bag of rotten bollocks plus zilch educative substance so dont kid yourself
Fuc.k nollycrap, shit ass movie industry! cool

True! True!!

But if you've been away from Nigeria too long and you watching a Nigerian movie, sometimes the village scenery and the culture reminds you of home and here you come from, so at least they good for something right ?
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by Shola2009(m): 3:52am On Oct 08, 2009
Nollywood! lol cheesy grin for christ sake, their takes on 2 weeks to shoot and they make use of only one camera! one! It's all comedy to me
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by WackyJ1(m): 5:45am On Oct 08, 2009
@sara j i'm sorry but i fell asleep reading the 1st sentence of ur post. Female point of view, i think i've seen a lot of nollywood dramas(not films or movies) to get the point.

@Shola2009 ur right, i think hollywood movies can take up to a year or more before they are released. E.g Pirates of the Carribean 4 is coming out in 2011
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by MrCrackles(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2009
Shola2009:

Nollywood! lol cheesy grin for christ sake, their takes on 2 weeks to shoot and they make use of only one camera! one! It's all comedy to me
I was even told they use camcorders. . . Is that true grin
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2009
WackyJ1:

Educative my foot. The same old crap in every movie. If its not about love, its about witchcraft. sad

LOL, Nice One.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by Shola2009(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

I was even told they use camcorders. . . Is that true grin
lol, camcorders, shocked ;Di dont know about that m8t, but c'mon its Nigeria,i wouldnt be suprised if they use webcams too.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by MrCrackles(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
Shola2009:

lol, camcorders, shocked ; i dont know about that m8t, but c'mon its Nigeria,i wouldnt be suprised if they use webcams too.
shocked grin cheesy
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by semid4lyfe(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
Most Nollywood movies are CRAP but there are some producers/directors that make excellent movies. Notable amongst these are Tunde Kelani, Tade Ogidan, Kingsley Ogoro etc and some few others. Pick up a movie by any of these people and u'll realise it's not all gloom for Nollywood.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by efepro(m): 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
U're right semid,remember hostages,diamond ring,mortal inheritance,thunder bolt of those dayz?But where r these producers nw?there is rather 2 much 2 talk about d slip ups of nig mov these dayz.despite d obvious deficiencies,majorities stil go 4 a purchase, tswee!.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by semid4lyfe(m): 1:27am On Oct 10, 2009
@ Efepro

This producers/directors are still very much around. It's just that their films are not the normal nollywood 'run of the mill' films that are shot in two weeks, so it takes them months/years to release their films.

Take Tunde Kelani (Mainframe productions) for example. He does extensive research & involves reputable academicians in his films/ productions. Surely, u dont expect him to release a film every 2 weeks do u?

As for the issue of people still buying the crappy nollywood films, it's called choice. If u no buy, others go buy. C'est fini.
Re: Nollywood Full Of Crap by Hardballer(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2009
nikekenny:

(1) (Reply)

Pls, Where Can I Download Chinese Movies On My Android Device? / Heroes Reborn S01E03 [download Link] / This Girl Just Breaks Everything We Knew About Cosplay Before (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.