Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). (7633 Views)

Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by mojounited(m): 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Those pictures are a disgrace...

abagoro:
Akpabio has not constructed any single intra-community road . He has focused mainly on inter-community roads and major roads. What Rochas is doing is going further than just connecting communities but touching the inner parts of the communities. These kinds of roads are called NDDC roads and expected to serve limited traffic.

You'd do well to visit Abak, Ikot Ekpene and Etinan (with recently completed roads among those commissioned last week) before making assertions you're not sure of... Even some areas in Oron and Ikot Abasi have intra-community roads completed by Akpabio's administration.
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by Ikengawo: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
When this is all complete it will look excellent to the nigerian standard, but Imolites are global citizens like everyone else and the era of being the best in your fathers compound is over.
Imo deserves better. All of these developments are still very bush. We can't clap just because the government is doing what it's supposed to do. We are to clap when it does what it's supposed to do well and I'm not seeing that in these pics

Open drainage- I can't imagine a society build primarily by pedestrians where the government has made life of miserable for pedestrians. I want to walk from point A to point B and the whole time I must stare and pheces, green water, trash and plastic bags because I'm only two inches away from an open drainage! I'm smelling the waste of society every single time I walk just to beat me down and make me hate my community! and the government will be telling people to come home from the US and Europe so that they can live in a place where they're treated as if they don't deserve sidewalks and don't deserve to smell human poop every.single.time. they go outside. disgusting and disrespectful

Gates- built over 500 years ago
If Owelle wants to build a gate/arch, he needs to build a gate/archand stop settling for eight best.

Out environments look bad, feel bad, and function bad because when it's time to build, we build badly. Imagine what Lagos would look like if everyone would have set out to build an attractive building when they start. Each person building a building they could be proud of. Same with Owerri, Onitcha and every single Nigerian city. Development isn't that difficult to understand if you want to understand it. Dignified people shouldn't have to walk side by side with pheces and weave through speeding cars just to get to work.
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by abagoro(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
mojounited: Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Those pictures are a disgrace...

You'd do well to visit Abak, Ikot Ekpene and Etinan (with recently completed roads among those commissioned last week) before making assertions you're not sure of... Even some areas in Oron and Ikot Abasi have intra-community roads completed by Akpabio's administration.

Some of you act like all is rosy in Akwa-Ibom roads like we are not the ones using them. The road that links Uyo to East-West road is not better than these roads shown here true or false? Meanwhile this picture is from the Oron you asked me to visit.

Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by baby124: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
ROYALD: wawu

Did you mean "wow"

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by mojounited(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
abagoro:
Some of you act like all is rosy in Akwa-Ibom roads like we are not the ones using them. The road that links Uyo to East-West road is not better than these roads shown here true or false? Meanwhile this picture is from the Oron you asked me to visit.

My point is, if the State Government wants to carry out road construction; be it rural or urban roads, then just make it worth-while...not a shaby job of simple asphalt and compaction (that will be washed off within 2 rainy seasons) - but with good stone base level and crush before asphalting, talkless of absence of pedestrain lanes and closed gutters with slabs. That road in Oron (as depicted) was constructed during the era of military administration. If it needs to be reconstructed, I'll yearn for a better job that'll be durable.

Do you have a picture of the aforementioned Uyo - East West Road? That would be in Ikot Abasi handled by NDDC, not the state govt.
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by abagoro(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
mojounited:

My point is, if the State Government wants to carry out road construction; be it rural or urban roads, then just make it worth-while...not a shaby job of simple asphalt and compaction (that will be washed off within 2 rainy seasons) - but with good stone base level and crush before asphalting, talkless of absence of pedestrain lanes and closed gutters with slabs. That road in Oron (as depicted) was constructed during the era of military administration. If it needs to be reconstructed, I'll yearn for a better job that'll be durable.

Do you have a picture of the aforementioned Uyo - East West Road? That would be in Ikot Abasi handled by NDDC, not the state govt.

Yes the road leads from Ikot-Abasi to Uyo via Abak.

Some of these roads have stone base but will still go bad because of our topography. What we actually need is complete refill with sharp sand, casting with steel, cement and hard core before tar. The complaints are about the aesthetics and the accuracy of the lines. I only considered the roads okay just because they only link families and kindreds. Most intra-community roads in Africa are like that. Even inside Lagos State, Rivers State and Abuja.
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by B2mario(m): 11:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
pls norabenk, bring recent pics. You are doing a nice work.
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by IgboDelta: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2013
B2 mario: pls norabenk, bring recent pics. You are doing a nice work.

I agree with you
Re: Road Show: Enter Gov. Okorocha’s Imo State - May 2013. (photo News). by geeez: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2013
Eyaaa

Land wey no dey exist before, erosion wan finish the rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Enugu Airport May Not Be Profitable / Happening Now...4 Million Troop To The Streets; Nnamdi Kanu Expected To Arrive / Ekiti Assembly Gets New Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.